• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know what the reasoning for the last one is?

Well we know that they were involved in illegal tapings during the first 3, and while we do not know the extent of the tapings since Rodger destroyed the tapes, we do know that it was so bad that the pats were given a fine and loss of draft picks. We also know that Tom Brady was involved in a scheme with Pats personal to manipulate the equipment and that the league suspended him for 4 games a suspension which a federal appeals court upheld.

Well we know that they were involved in illegal tapings during the first 3, and while we do not know the extent of the tapings since Rodger destroyed the tapes, we do know that it was so bad that the pats were given a fine and loss of draft picks. We also know that Tom Brady was involved in a scheme with Pats personal to manipulate the equipment and that the league suspended him for 4 games a suspension which a federal appeals court upheld.

I'm talking about the last Super Bowl they won.

Sanjuro

Only a Pats fan would support Joseph Kony.

Is this Joseph Coney?

oz0qvpV.jpg

lol how is this delusional?

if the pats sign him to the tender and the saints make an offer, they will have to give up their pick. unless they make a trade.

also your continuous pushing of "asterisks" is drumpf-esque

Asterisks fan doesn't like me calling his cheating ass team the Asterisks. Never would have guessed.

Saints want the Pats to trade Butler to them. They don't want to outright sign him. If the Saints sign him the Saints would have to give #11 because of the 1st round tender. If the trade happens, the Saints would have to give up something lesser than #32 and then they would give Butler a extension.

To get any of this started, Butler has to has to sign his franchise tender from the Pats making him part of the Pats roster.

You do know that the Asterisks traded pick 32 to the Saints to get Cooks, right? All the Saints need do is give the Asterisks a first round pick. That article that was so timely posted by Mech clearly states that neither team feels the 11th pick is in play, but of course you (nor Bread) bothered to read it.

I'm talking about the last Super Bowl they won.

Oh I have no idea what will come to light about that. I know we didnt know about spy-gate until years after the Pats Rams SB. Who knows what chicanery they might have pulled this time. I wouldnt be surprised to find that Bill used a mind control ray on lil Shanny to make him not run the ball in the 2nd half.

The Patriots cheated in 4 super bowls and the two men behind all that cheating are confirmed trump supporters. How can you cheer for the current regime?

I don't, I didn't even watch the last Super Bowl. I'm just wondering how he wanted to claim that they cheated the last Super Bowl.

I don't, I didn't even watch the last Super Bowl. I'm just wondering how he wanted to claim that they cheated the last Super Bowl.

Once you get caught doing something wrong it is hard for people to keep giving the benefit of the doubt. Maybe this is the one time they didnt cheat to win but it seems unlikely.

Pepiope

The eagles sure as hell don't represent excellence.
Times are changing, the qb of the future resides on our roster. The league is going to fear Wentz to Ross for years to come.

Edit: the damn draft is at the end of April? When the fuck did this happen? I still have to wait a month to go on rants defending our draft picks from Yankee?

Tom Penny

You do know that the Asterisks traded pick 32 to the Saints to get Cooks, right? All the Saints need do is give the Asterisks a first round pick. That article that was so timely posted by Mech clearly states that neither team feels the 11th pick is in play, but of course you (nor Bread) bothered to read it.

Asterisks want Brandin Cooks, and the Saints aren't shipping him off for nothing.

Congrats on learning Cooks is already a Patriot.

MechDX

The Patriots cheated in 4 super bowls and the two men behind all that cheating are confirmed trump supporters. How can you cheer for the current regime?

Back off Dutch. He is now down with The Clown.

at least he says he is..../squints eyes

Congrats on learning Cooks is already a Patriot.

Lol he tried to act like he knew it tho

I admit it, you got me. I didn't realize the trade had already gone through. Problem is it doesn't change one thing i've said. Butler is going to the Saints.

What I find just as funny is that you guys didn't know the Asterisks gave up the 32nd pick in the draft. I mean, this ain't my team so I don't follow them as closely as you guys should. Asterisks getting the 11th pick? Heh.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I admit it, you got me. I didn't realize the trade had already gone through. Problem is it doesn't change one thing i've said. Butler is going to the Saints.

What I find just as funny is that you guys didn't know the Asterisks gave up the 32nd pick in the draft. I mean, this ain't my team so I don't follow them as closely as you guys should. Asterisks getting the 11th pick? Heh.

But the point still stands that if you sign an RFA you have to give up your original first round pick. That would be the 11th in this case.

PeterGAF

Banned

What I find just as funny is that you guys didn't know the Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots gave up the 32nd pick in the draft. I mean, this ain't my team so I don't follow them as closely as you guys should. Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots getting the 11th pick? Heh.
Everyone knows the Pats gave up their first rounder for Cooks. Even you now!

The Pats can get the 11th pick if the Saints chose to sign Butler as a restricted free agent. Otherwise the Pats would have to trade Butler if the Saints want to give up anything less, which would require Butler to sign his tender in New England which he would only do if he knew the Saints would give him a big extension after the trade. That trade would likely involve the 32nd pick which the Pats traded for Cooks.

Otherwise the Pats can keep him for 4 mil, not the 12mil that you keep taking about.

I thought I'd lay it out for you since you're having a tough time following the situation.

Duxxy3

There's no guarantee of anything. Closest thing to a guarantee is that Butler will sign his tender at some point. Probably before June 15th (when the Patriots can cut his offer down to 600k).

The original trade was fair enough. I don't think Bill offered a side trade (essentially part 2 of the trade) to the Saints. It would be very questionable and could break the CBA.

I have two guesses for the outcome. Butler signs his tender and stays put. Or Butler signs his tender and is immediately traded to the saints for the 32nd and a mid round 2018 pick. The 32nd plus mid round pick will pass the CBA sniff test. If the Saints had a 2017 4th or 5th rounder it would have been one of those.

Bread

Banned

???? what are you talking about

I don't know what you guys are talking about.

I never said anything about the Saints Signing Butler. I said that the Saints will trade the first round pick acquired from the Cooks trade to get Butler, essentially restoring the Asterisks Pick.The trade not going down at the same time (which admittedly, is how I thought it would happen) is irrelevant.

Butler has a first round tender on him, so by whatever hook or crook the Asterisks are getting a first for him. Which first is that? Theirs, the 32 pick in the draft.

The Saints are not giving up the 11th pick in the draft.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Quinton Patton likely headed to the Jets:

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/20/49ers-free-agent-receiver-lands-elsewhere/

49ers free agent receiver Quinton Patton took to Instagram Monday to thank a number of his teammates with San Francisco. And in a live video, Patton was wearing a New York Jets shirt after he visited with the team over the weekend, indicating he signed with the club.

Patton, 26, in four seasons had 73 receptions for 880 yards and one touchdown after getting selected by the 49ers in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL draft. With New York he would reunite with offensive coordinator John Morton, who was San Francisco’s receivers coach when Patton entered the league.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

I never said anything about the Saints Signing Butler. I said that the Saints will trade the first round pick acquired from the Cooks trade to get Butler, essentially restoring the Asterisks Pick.The trade not going down at the same time (which admittedly, is how I thought it WOULD happen) is irrelevant.

Butler has a first round tender on him, so by whatever hook or crook the Asterisks are getting a first for him. Which first is that? Theirs, the 32 pick in the draft.

The Saints are not giving up the 11th pick in the draft.

While I agree that's the most likely scenario (the only one IMO) if a trade is to go down, the pats still hold all the leverage here. The idea that the saints can just sign him to more than the pats are willing to pay doesn't mean much since the pats would receive the 11th in return and obviously the saints won't part with that. The only way this gets done is if the pats are happy with the deal presented. Or if the saints are stupid and are willing to overpay AND give up the 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom