• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'd rather have 1 year of Butler+Gilmore than Rowe+Gilmore and a first round pick. Can always work out a deal later in the year, or tag him next year. 32nd pick just isn't enough for a #1 corner. Even if he only has 1 year left.

The only reason there is any discussion still happening is because Belichick and Payton are friends.

Butler Gilmore and Rowe would be nasty. If we do trade him I hope we trade back, and if we can luck out land Sidney Jones in the 3rd. Achilles is nasty but it seems people have been bouncing back well the past few years from it and the upside is enormous.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The likelihood of a rookie and Gilmore being better than Gilmore and Butler are almost nil.

Dee milliner was being compared to revis... So was claireborne. I know Morris had some success but not for where he was drafted. Aaron curry was a sure thing. Anybody can bust.

Dee milliner was being compared to revis... So was claireborne. I know Morris had some success but not for where he was drafted. Aaron curry was a sure thing. Anybody can bust.

TrentRichardsonTruck.gif

bionic77

Me neither but I've grown to like the regular joycon even though I have big, manly hands like my hero Alex Smith. There are 3 things true of all JCBs: big hands, big wangers and fuck Trumpers like the patriots
This is true.

The pro is better on tv gaming but the JCs are amazing when docked to the handheld. I like them in the grip too.

It's all good for the JCBs!

A 1st and 3rd for a wr that wasn't happy and wanted out isn't getting fleeced really. The source is the CBA as posted above.

I never said anything about them getting fleeced. My argument with Duxxy was on his insistence that A first round pick wasn't enough, he thought the Saints should sweeten the pot with Mark Ingram, which is ludicrous. If anything the Asterisks should be giving up more since they'll control Cooks for far longer than the Saints can control Butler.

Duxxy3

I never said anything about them getting fleeced. My argument with Duxxy was on his insistence that A first round pick wasn't enough, he thought the Saints should sweeten the pot with Mark Ingram, which is ludicrous. If anything the Asterisks should be giving up more since they'll control Cooks for far longer than the Saints can control Butler.

Patriots also swapped a third rounder for the Saints fourth rounder in that Cooks trade. The Pats do have him for an optional 5th year, but at a price that they don't usually pay receivers.

I don't really think much of Mark Ingram. He seems like an OK back. Similar to what the Pats could have drafted in the 4th round this year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I might be making connections that aren't there, but saying the saints arent stupid enough to give cooks without more expected would imply that deal was one sided, wouldn't it?

Tom Penny

Patriots also swapped a third rounder for the Saints fourth rounder in that Cooks trade. The Pats do have him for an optional 5th year, but at a price that they don't usually pay receivers.

I don't really think much of Mark Ingram. He seems like an OK back. Similar to what the Pats could have drafted in the 4th round this year.

They are getting cooks for 2/10. That is an absurdly cheap contract for what he's done in the NFL to this point. That is the whole reason they did the trade. His current contract is peanuts and he has to produce or doesn't get paid by in the future. Pats do that all the time now. Bring in guys on with one year or so left then let them bail because if they don't come to play nobody will pay them.

He's not in the upper echelon, but he is a solid starter. The Saints are (presumably, but it could change) sending back a 4th rounder in the deal. I assume the round is lower because as I said, the Asterisks will control Cooks for longer than the Saints will Butler.

I might be making connections that aren't there, but saying the saints arent stupid enough to give cooks without more expected would imply that deal was one sided, wouldn't it?

What i'm saying is that the Saints likely agreed to the deal, making the expectation that any trade negotiations for Butler will include the 32nd pick in the draft, not the 11th. Butler for the 11th round pick in the draft AND his asked compensation would be the Asterisks fleecing the Saints. Again, the Saints could be stupid enough to allow that, but I sincerely doubt it. If the Saints were willing to pay that price Butler would be a Saint already.

Mindlog

Waiting for Switch 2/CEMU 4K.
Nintendo can service the boys for now. When Nintendo is ready to service the men and women we'll be ready.

Gamers love to eat shit and call it ice cream. Mass Effect will sell regardless, all EA needs to do is give a weak promise to fix the glitches and gamers will be lapping at their boots again.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
"Choice for #Patriots: Butler signs an RFA offer sheet & they match (or don't & get a 1). ... Or there is no offer sheet & he plays for $3.9M"

Rap sheet is better than Howe or giardi, and he pretty much says pats haven't even begun talking with Malcolm or saints regarding butler. According to this tweet it's not happening.

Pretty much how I feel about the current switch situation.

People complaining about Launch console problems is the stupidest thing ever. All these modern consoles have launch problems. Their sales are never affected.

Even enduring problems are swept under the rug. See last generation's "Welp i'm on my 25th XBOX 360" threads as proof.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
People complaining about Launch console problems is the stupidest thing ever. All these modern consoles have launch problems. Their sales are never affected.

Even enduring problems are swept under the rug. See last generation's "Welp i'm on my 25th XBOX 360" threads as proof.

I agree with that for sure, but switch's launch lineup is hilarious, the multiplat situation, the online situation, and the transparency is all very questionable.

It's at best a secondary console, which is fine because at the end of its life, I expect a damn good lineup of games, but for now not even close to touching it.

Duxxy3

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates

The Patriots have waived RB Tyler Gaffney, per league source.

Oh no!!!

I'm not sure Gaffney even makes it to training camp this year. I didn't see much in him. Burkhead is better in every way.

Not sure what's going on with Blount, or the early down back in general. Blount was really good for he first half of the year, but he trailed off at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom