• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Battlefield Bad Company 3 = Battlefield 2018

Would love to see this.

Remember Dice have their creative freedom with battlefield an not Star Wars.

Just look at battlefield 1 compared to battlefront 1.

Aztorian

Would love to see this.

Remember Dice have their creative freedom with battlefield an not Star Wars.

Just look at battlefield 1 compared to battlefront 1.

Both are not my favorite tbh. Besides the visuals in both games they are extremely lacking in content compared to previous installments in the Battlefield franchise.

DonF

The new rumors on reddit say that battlefield 2018 isn't bad company 3, and that DICE stockholm and DICE LA are working in different Battlefield games.DICE LA's battlefield is BC3, slated for 2019.

Aztorian

The new rumors on reddit say that battlefield 2018 isn't bad company 3, and that DICE stockholm and DICE LA are working in different Battlefield games.DICE LA's battlefield is BC3, slated for 2019.

I see indeed.. Hmm hoping or BC3 anyway. I wonder what theyre cooking up though.. Having 2 games in development and being released shortly after will probably result in some Hardline disappointment..

TaurezAG

Their plans for it seems a bit contradictory to what made BC2 good IMO. The moderate amount of customization and the more focused gameplay made the game fun. With BF4 you can customize your gun to your liking, but I personally had to go to Symthic to be able to make a proper informed decision regarding my gun attachments.

I disagree with people asking for 64 players. 64 players don't work well in most maps. I'd rather have a well designed 32/48 player maps rather than chaotic 64 player maps.
And of course, since this is Bad Company, Rush first maps please. Don't try to shoehorn rush into Conquest maps, it rarely works.

Lastly, BFH style system for customization please. You can get exactly what you want once you unlock the appropriate tier, no RNG, no annoying grind.

Edit: Saw the new rumors.
So, BF2143 by DICE SE in 2018? Or BF WWII by DICE SE and BF2143 by Respawn?
I see indeed.. Hmm hoping or BC3 anyway. I wonder what theyre cooking up though.. Having 2 games in development and being released shortly after will probably result in some Hardline disappointment..
I see what you did there
I agree with you. Releasing DICE LA's BF after SE's is done with all the DLC will be better for both games.

munroe

I find the destructibility very lacking in recent BF games compared to BC2, so I'm wary as to what BC3 will be like in that area.

Aztorian

I find the destructibility very lacking in recent BF games compared to BC2, so I'm wary as to what BC3 will be like in that area.

Probably because you could litteraly wipe the whole map in most bfbc2 maps. In BF1 most structures cannot be destroyed complletely as far as I remember

amdb00mer

Would love a BC3, but I'm worried. Does anybody remember when Dice was asked again about a Bad Company sequel and they said they still don't understand why they were successes? I was like, really? You seem to have an idea as you decided to make a sequel to said game.

Boss Mog

EA needs to make Battlefield: PUBG so to speak. Or at least include such a mode in their next game. PUBG is good and all but it looks and runs like ass. DICE could make a BF battle royale game that looks good and runs at 60fps on PS4 Pro and XB1X.

Aztorian

Boss★Moogle;253112386 said:
EA needs to make Battlefield: PUBG so to speak. Or at least include such a mode in their next game. PUBG is good and all but it looks and runs like ass. DICE could make a BF battle royale game that looks good and runs at 60fps on PS4 Pro and XB1X.

Hold it right there buddy. Everyone jumping on the Battle Royale hype train right now is probably gonna end up disappointed.

amdb00mer

I have been playing PUBG since Monday night (key from a 3rd party site to get in early) and once on the ground it is not that bad, but yeah the code is still a mess in some areas, just like the PC version. A lot of people say Fortnite's battle royale mode is so much smoother. To be honest, if they could just re-skin it to look a bit more like PUBG I think more players would switch over. I do think the next COD and BF games will have a PUBG style mode. It's inevitable.

AlphaMale

Totally agree! Love the battle royale formula that's making PUBG and Fornite so addictive. With much improved graphics and framerate from DICE, and this could take it to the next level.

Bolivar687

Banned
Too much DICE. I'd rather have one solid game every couple years with expansions (BC2Vietnam) and smaller digital entries (1943) to fill the gaps than a string of mediocre games every year. I never fell into BF1 the way I thought I would.

This would be great just keep it colorful and focus on 24 players, Rush, and intuitive customization.

DonF

So, BF2143 by DICE SE in 2018? Or BF WWII by DICE SE and BF2143 by Respawn?

Didn't know respawn is working also in the BF franchise. So they have that star wars game, hopefully another titanfall and BF?

Or they are just another studio in the EA machine, pumping multiplayer maps, a la sledgehammer once was for cod?

also...Hardline 2? Lol

KiLLaDeZo

Man that would be cool. Battlefield 2 was amazing and even the Vietnam exlansion ws out of this world. I must have sunk hundreds of hours into that game.

Blam

Bad Company honestly is dead now in the hands of EA, or DICE.

not in the IP sense. But in how they'll handle it.

J-Rzez

Would love a Battlefield-side WW2 game. Would love to see how DICE would do a Battlefield in the shoes of Planetside.

prob could make it a mode in hardline and sell it for 15bucks

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
BC2 featured a WW2 intro and Vietnam dlc so either one of those would be dope for the new Battlefield.

DonF

Updating rumors, New battlefield would be WWII themed.
I don't like this COD release schedule. Even if there is more than 1 studio, I liked that DICE took time to make every Battlefield. You could see the difference between every release.
Bad company 1 to bad company 2 is a huge leap, graphically, same with bf3 and bf4, then hardline looked the same, even worse sometimes. BF1 looks like battlefront. EA has enough franchises to make a new fps every year. They could do Battlefront one year, titanfall the next, and then Battlefield.

Aztorian

Updating rumors, New battlefield would be WWII themed.
I don't like this COD release schedule. Even if there is more than 1 studio, I liked that DICE took time to make every Battlefield. You could see the difference between every release.
Bad company 1 to bad company 2 is a huge leap, graphically, same with bf3 and bf4, then hardline looked the same, even worse sometimes. BF1 looks like battlefront. EA has enough franchises to make a new fps every year. They could do Battlefront one year, titanfall the next, and then Battlefield.

I would hate to see a BF game every year, even two years. Battlefield 4 lasted for ages, if they crank out these games like CoD, the playerbase will be as dead as it is right now for BF1 (I don't know the actual numbers right now, but when I was playing the game was pretty much dead already after a few weeks on PC).

DonF

I would hate to see a BF game every year, even two years. Battlefield 4 lasted for ages, if they crank out these games like CoD, the playerbase will be as dead as it is right now for BF1 (I don't know the actual numbers right now, but when I was playing the game was pretty much dead already after a few weeks on PC).

Battlefield 4 is a game that keeps giving, I still play it from time to time. Also, EA has gifted the DLC a couple of times, making it even a better deal now.

Also, I hate how BF1 takes so much more time to load.

In my ideal situation, battlefield would be a generation platform. Something like Warframe.
Release at the beginning of a generation, get big updates, keep it alive for years. Release yearly expansion or something, for like 30 bucks.

Aztorian

Battlefield 4 is a game that keeps giving, I still play it from time to time. Also, EA has gifted the DLC a couple of times, making it ever a better deal now.

Also, I havte how BF1 takes so much more time to load.

In my ideal situation, battlefield would be a generation platform. Something like Warframe.
Release at the beginning of a generation, get big updates, keep it alive for years. Release yearly expansion or something, for like 30 bucks.

I think BF4 already is that, kinda. A shame that the development for the game is completely killed now BF1 is here. I have a feeling they're trying too hard to get people to play BF1. The game was fun for a couple of weeks, but it feels more like a Call of Duty game than a BF game for some reason. I also think we don't really "love" WW2 era games, we just want good games like the ones we had in the past that just happen to have a WW2 theme back then.

Malystryx

Neo Member
I'm glad to see a lot of BC2 love here. That game literally changed my perspective and opinion on first person shooters of that era.

xviper

BC2 is my second favorite MP game after OW, i don't want a BC3 because i know they will completely fuck it up

BibiMaghoo

BC2 is my favorite online shooter. I loved it so much I spent hours playing it over 3G with shitty lag when I had no internet. Sniper was pretty much the only playable class and I didn't care. I would really like another game so long as it is more like the second. I wasn't a huge fan of the first BC.

Bookoo

I would love to see it. I loved the MP in BFBC2 and I sort of hope they pull things from that.

That said I listened to LevelCap (another youtuber) said he has his own inside sources that said that isn't the case, but he isn't sure if they are just trying to throw him off.

edit: Just finished Daq video and it's funny he calls out other youtubers in it and LC is a youtuber that has been invited to BF events.

KahooTs

I enjoyed BFBC2 so much, but I feel like it will never be recreated. I'll probably buy it anyway in hope, and for the colours and sound design.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/01/...-call-of-duty-back-to-world-war-ii-this-year/

Just like World War I got a sequel, Battlefield 1 is getting a followup later this year. The game is Battlefield V. It was previously known as Battlefield 2 internally at EA. Battlefield V will return the series to World War II in a main entry for the first time since 2009’s Battlefield 1943, GamesBeat has learned from sources familiar with EA’s plans. These sources wish to remain anonymous.

battlefield-v.jpg

https://kotaku.com/after-the-loot-box-fury-the-people-behind-the-next-bat-1823475844

“No one’s gonna do any pay-to-win stuff anymore,” one person close to the next Battlefield told me recently. “We didn’t take any of the loot box controversy lightly.”

A series of reports this week, starting with VentureBeat, have pegged the next Battlefield as a World War II game. In most years, the venue of a new big game would be its most newsworthy attribute. That’s not quite the case with a new game from EA, a company whose handling of micropayments has become major news. What may be of more interest to players is that the website US Gamer reported yesterday that the upcoming Battlefield will include cosmetic-only loot boxes, as 2016’s Battlefield 1 did.

That report is accurate, if a bit premature, say people I’ve spoken to. Two people close to DICE told me that, while microtransaction plans for the next Battlefield have changed before and will no doubt change again before the game is out this fall, the company is indeed hoping to stick to cosmetics. One person added the caveat that US Gamer is “making a conclusion about something that is still inconclusive.”

Much more at the link.

Danggit ! Was hoping for bad company. BF1 with its premium policy just didnt cut it. I hope they atleast release maps free for this one. If not, its another pass for me. Just dont want to see community divided because of maps paywall.

Good stuff regardless, thanks for posting.

autoduelist

Give me small buildings to demolish with c4, and squad focused maps/game types like BFBC2, and I don't care what you call it.

xviper

BFBC2 is my second favorite MP game after Overwatch, i don't want BFBC3 because i know they will fuck it up

Top Bottom