• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Altairre

Last Guardian into Gravity Rush 2 into Nier Automata is so weird. It's 3 miracle games in such a close succession.

Why can't I hold all these amazing japanese games? Not to forget Nioh, Yakuza 0, and P5 soon, which are all shaping up to be just as good.
No, I'm not mentioning Kingdom Hearts because fuck Kingdom Hearts.

Ferr986

Anyone knows why I can't use photomode? I'm in a new area that I would like to take some cool pics....

So happy this is finally coming out! I hope the challenges are a bit harder than they are in the original Gravity Rush, since that was one of my favourite parts of the game. Getting up early to pick this up tomorrow :3

Hope its okay to post in here, but over the last month or so i've been busy making this Diamond Painting(100's of tiny plastic squares) thing of some GR2 art. It's not perfect, but its pretty much the best that i can do.

xj6TLKP.jpg

This is awesome!

jacobeid

Banned
Why can't I hold all these amazing japanese games? Not to forget Nioh, Yakuza 0, and P5 soon, which are all shaping up to be just as good.

I like you.

Don't forget Zelda in there.

Friday can't come soon enough. That Instagram post KILLED me.

Altairre

I like you.

Don't forget Zelda in there.

Friday can't come soon enough. That Instagram post KILLED me.

Ha, I kind of did forget about Zelda for a second there. I'm still not quite convinced the open world is a change for the better though I will definitely play it at some point.
Gotta use my WiiU for something after all.

mollipen

Regarding the outfits from the first game, i only need a save from remastered for all of them right? Not a full save or anything? Because i have the remastered with a beginning save but never played far. (finished it on Vita)

Well, as I said in the other thread, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I hadn't unlocked all of the outfits in GRR yet, and I had them unlocked in GR2 when playing. So, for example, I've yet to unlock Spy in GRR, but it was unlocked right away in GR2.

So, I know you don't have to have unlocked all of the outfits to get them, but I don't know if it required you having completed the story or some other requirement like that.

Anyone knows why I can't use photomode? I'm in a new area that I would like to take some cool pics....

Have you been given the camera yet? If not, that's why.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
So happy this is finally coming out! I hope the challenges are a bit harder than they are in the original Gravity Rush, since that was one of my favourite parts of the game. Getting up early to pick this up tomorrow :3

Hope its okay to post in here, but over the last month or so i've been busy making this Diamond Painting(100's of tiny plastic squares) thing of some GR2 art. It's not perfect, but its pretty much the best that i can do.

http://i.imgur.com/xj6TLKP.jpg
That is a damn fine diamond painting you're working on, RoaringMdog. Well done!

mollipen

Is there a selfie mode? I kind of want the best selfie category to be a thing for Giantbomb's 2017 GotY stuff.

Once you're in photo mode there's a tripod button. So it's not like 2017-era selfies, but you can have Kat in the shot (which is part of why she now has a lot of unlockable emotes).

『Inaba Resident』;228554279 said:
I think its called "Nightgale" which is apparently part of the digital soundtrack that you get for preordering so someone should have it up soon.
Just listened to it, Night Gale is not the song that Kat sings to.

Is there a day one patch? About to head off to grab my copy.
No day one patch.

mcfizzle4

I just need to sleep, have 3 hours of German class in the morning and then I get to play GR2! Can't wait to play with Kat again.

B00TE

My copy, along with DQ8, just shipped! Hope it gets here Thursday. Can't wait to play this, just replayed the original over the weekend.

I'm still finding things out in the demo.

I was trying to figure out why the gravity slide feels so much more chaotic than in the first game.

The gravity slide no longer has a set ground. In the first game, you couldn't slide around the sides of a building: you'd fall off since the side you landed on was the new ground and it wouldn't change. In the sequel, you can. But that also makes regular sliding more difficult because now you slide up stuff you run into.

Also, lunar and jupiter mode affect the slide speeds. And while you can no longer drift, you can slide dodge so you don't fall off platforms.

Wait, this doesn't work while sliding regularly. It does work while sliding in Lunar mode though.

Kindekuma

Banned
Man, being in the US and putting up this OT for other regions really drives in how much long of a wait we have left haha.

Killing time with Overwatch and Bloodborne in the meantime.

Actually thought I had this on pre-order already but apparently not. Whoops, ah well, corrected that mistake. Yakuza 0 is coming just a couple of days after too. Enjoying my time with The Last Guardian and SMT: Apocalypse (which I am about to finish).

I want to savour this game to the fullest since the first game is still my favourite Vita game, so if that means it has to wait until I finish what I'm playing first, then so be it...will also want to jump in to Yakuza 0 straight after and then before I know it Nioh will be out followed swiftly by Nier: Automata probably as I am finishing that up. Then Persona 5 will be around the corner... What a time to be alive.

Fliesen

meh, the theme is super lazy, and the better wallpaper comes up when you switch to the top menu bar.

in the main 'XMB' wallpaper, Kat looks kinda derpy.

Can't wait to play the game after work tomorrow.

Alucrid

Banned
meh, the theme is super lazy, and the better wallpaper comes up when you switch to the top menu bar.

in the main 'XMB' wallpaper, Kat looks kinda derpy.

Can't wait to play the game after work tomorrow.

so the remastered theme remains the better one?

Dave1988

So, I've preordered this game on PSN a while back, the countdown clock went down to zero yet nothing's downloading. What the hell is going on? :/

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it to start downloading by using the web store.

Donthizz#

xj6TLKP.jpg

this is cool.

Man, if they want people to take photos and upload them so they can get Dusty Tokens then they should activate the network service already :(

Thanks for the compliments on the diamond painting ^.^

So jealous of the people playing right now, kinda wish i got this on the ps store.

brawly

Played the first chapter. Yet another game where I don't feel like I need a Pro. It looks and runs fantastic.

Feels good to be back.

Ooh, what's this about?
They hadn't activated network services until about an hour ago so you couldn't share screenshots or videos. You couldn't upload photos taken with the Tripod for other people to view (people can look at your photos and if they give it a good rating you get Dusty Tokens to unlock new things). You also couldn't do any online stuff like Treasure Hunts and whatnot.

Thankfully it's all live now. But still, 10+ hours after launching a game in one region, you'd think they would have it go live at the first launch.

Kindekuma

Banned
Amazon for the clutch!

"Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Gravity Rush 2 - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: January 20, 2017"

Rizzi

's pretty fuckin' good.
Combat feels better, movement feels better, camera doesn't freak out as much, the map isn't an awful clunky mess.

I'm having fun, but I can see the mentions of different reviews about too much padding, may hold some truth.

Still the games looks beautiful, runs nicely and the controls are more tight than in the first one.

I adore this game. Same as the first Gravity Rush, I could almost play a whole game of just serenely zooming around collecting gems. The simple act of moving around is pure joy, and I don't know if I've just got better or if they've actually tweaked things, but it feels somehow smoother and more precise than the first game did. I can rocket through tight spaces without fear of getting hung up on protruding geometry and having the camera go nuts.

My favourite challenges so far have been the Newspaper Delivery challenges. They're so well suited to Kat's powers, either blasting newspapers straight at people with your Stasis Field or surfing up and down the sides of buildings and dropping newspapers into people's windows. With the gyro-aiming you can just BAMBAMBAM half a dozen targets in the blink of an eye.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Game is out now in my country. I'll get it later.

I adore this game. Same as the first Gravity Rush, I could almost play a whole game of just serenely zooming around collecting gems. The simple act of moving around is pure joy, and I don't know if I've just got better or if they've actually tweaked things, but it feels somehow smoother and more precise than the first game did. I can rocket through tight spaces without fear of getting hung up on protruding geometry and having the camera go nuts.

My favourite challenges so far have been the Newspaper Delivery challenges. They're so well suited to Kat's powers, either blasting newspapers straight at people with your Stasis Field or surfing up and down the sides of buildings and dropping newspapers into people's windows. With the gyro-aiming you can just BAMBAMBAM half a dozen targets in the blink of an eye.

Super jelly right now.

Friday pls

Seriously, we may not have the best JRPG so far but japanese games are holding this gen on insane heights.

Top Bottom