• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Aeww snap. Does it have the same difficulty as a SMT?
I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

The game is extremely easy. Aside from some late game side content there's pretty much nothing that provides much of a challenge as long as you have a somewhat balanced eam in terms of attributes.

But the localization is adding difficulty levels, so if you want something with a challenge you should probably play on hard.

Sealtest

Gonna go with Terriermon since I went with hagurumon on my JP playthrough. Makes getting Angewomon easier since Terriermon evolves into Gatomon for Champion.

Lagunamov

PS4 will be 1080p 60fps, right? I'm on the fence about which version I should purchase. This game screems Vita, but I really love that 60fps gameplay... Anyone knows if the vita version runs stable? I looks gorgeous for a vita game.

I played both and I prefer the Vita version, the graphics on that OLED (the ps4 looks fine, but on a TV you can notice why is a PSVita game even more) are beautiful and grinding wherever you want is a big plus.

MongKey

"The Dark Souls of Digimon games"
Isn't that Digimon World 4? It even has "souls" like combat with "souls" like difficulty where you constantly die to numemons. :p
Man, that game was really bad when I played it with my big brother. What a huge misstep.

Awesome loved his designs in that series.
(despite gravity defying boobs)
, and it looks like I'm gonna like them a lot here as well.
That spoiler... When you are young anything is possible.
it's the devil's work.

What 'starter' digimon are you guys picking? I'mma go with Hagurumon :B
Hagurumon for me too.

I played both and I prefer the Vita version, the graphics on that OLED (the ps4 looks fine, but on a TV you can notice why is a PSVita game even more) are beautiful and grinding wherever you want is a big plus.

Thanks! I guess I will start with the vita version and will play the PS4 version later on hard.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately, I won't be able to grab it on release but I'm looking forward to play this in the future. Game looks amazing.

icespide

Banned
this game completely flew under my radar and now I'm interested in trying it out. is this basically the big boy console 3D pokemon RPG we always wanted except its digimon?

Tiops

You can lower when you want? Great! In that case I'll start on hard and see how it goes.

I'm not sure, just saw the streamer commenting on the chat:

"EagleEyeSable: Normal now, I was getting wrecked on Hard"

Didn't see if he restarted the game or just changed that on the options.

EDIT: And the game looks pretty nice too! I was afraid that the graphics would be terrible on PS4, but it's quite good for an upscaled Vita port.

Yasumi

Banned
Can someone please ask the streamer if you can have multiple saves

Or if anyone knows that's great too

Yep.
2016-01-28-174543.jpg

I saw this thread and wondered "Digimon? You still around? I used to watch you as a kid. You were so cool back in the day. Then I met the Pokemon and didn't care for you anymore. I abandoned you for the next cool thing on tv. I haven't thought about you in over 15 years, but here we are now. It's funny how the memories resurface... they're so vivid and warm. Maybe it's time... time to embrace each other after so long and catch up. Forgive me."

DAY FUCKING ONE!
Game looks fun and apparently has lots of content and online battles too :)

MongKey

These people know what's up.
Is Chaosdramon not in the game? Haven't look at the full roster since I don't want to spoil myself the joy of completing the "Digidex". Search about it and only finding out about its medal.

Interesting, apparently the guy reduced the difficulty to Normal because he was getting wrecked on Hard. This pleases me.
Super nice about the difficulty. Definitely going for Hard mode.

How long is this game ? It's also linear, right?

~45 hours if you just stick to the main story, and yeah, it's linear.

How are the sidequests? Boring backtracking or interesting?

A lot of sidequests are good, imo, but you'll get a bad one every once in a while. You should avoid the DigiFarm cases if you don't want unlimited boring repetitiveness.

Is Chaosdramon not in the game? Haven't look at the full roster since I don't want to spoil myself the joy of completing the "Digidex". Search about it and only finding out about its medal.

No, he's not in.

Ultimadrago

You know what Digimon I wanted to see that's not here? The Penguin one with the Green Sack and crown!

He was one of mah boys in World 2.

Well, he wasn't strong or anything, but could Debuff a storm. Plus it was adorable!

Goddamnit you guys, I really want this game but I don't think I'll have the time to play. All this hype's contagious though, I remember when all we had was the petition.

L95

Are you able to mute the voice acting in this game? That way i can read it on my own pace.

The streamer just went into the optons menu, and there is a voice volume slider. (it's separate from Digimon battle voices, too.)

I might also turn off the VA, I'm a strange person who dislikes dialogue in text boxes being voiced lol. (Probably because I read really fast <.<)

Venfayth

Preordered this morning from Amazon for that new discount. Would have gotten it from Gamestop otherwise. It's arriving on Wednesday, so I guess I'll be one day late. Oh well!

How are the sidequests? Boring backtracking or interesting?

A bit of both, but you can usually tell from the start what kind of quest it will be. There are some pretty memorable ones.

But anything you get from the farm will just wind up being generic quests repeated every time you take one.

Deramon! Deramon and their white pellet attacks.

Hopefully another day, man. Another day

Edit: Also thats totally a bush and not a sack. Wow, me. Really?

Edit 2: I don't even think its a penguin now...

Haha, the Playstation model probably made it look like a sack.

And I think he's supposed to be a peacock

Hikami

What 'starter' digimon are you guys picking? I'mma go with Hagurumon :B

It's been ages since I've seen Digimon so it's gonna take a while for me to remember who the hell all of these mons are.. Instantly recognized Terriermon though so I'll go with that.

I said it would be hard not to pick Terriermon for a starter in the other thread but then I figured out that Hagurumon inevitably digivolves into Andromon...

Tough choices ahead.

It's been ages since I've seen Digimon so it's gonna take a while for me to remember who the hell all of these mons are.. Instantly recognized Terriermon though so I'll go with that.

The three main starter can be seen on the cover of the game.

Basically Terriermon is the white rabbit thingy, Palmon is the plant, Hagurumon is the gear.

Trickshot

The streamer just went into the optons menu, and there is a voice volume slider. (it's separate from Digimon battle voices, too.)

I might also turn off the VA, I'm a strange person who dislikes dialogue in text boxes being voiced lol. (Probably because I read really fast <.<)
Normally, I wait for the voice acting the finish, but I don't speak Japanese, so it's just noise to me that I feel odd just waiting to finish since I read faster.

This way I can only blame myself for poor voice acting. :D

Top Bottom