• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Bessy67

Is there supposed to be another Solas personal quest after
the one where those people summon his spirit friend and turn it into a demon
? I feel like there should be but no matter how much I talk to him he doesn't give me a quest...

KeRaSh

30 hours into the game and I just reached
Skyhold
(if that's what it's called). Really enjoying it. Will hopefully finish it over christmas but Destiny DLC could ruin that plan...

Namikaze1

I'm pretty sure that
Ogres
are in the game. I haven't encountered one but a friend of mine was ranting about them to me over text message, so i assume they're there but rare.
Desire Demons
, however, do seem to be absent by all accounts.
Guess I'll keep searching.
I just realized the barb sings about Sera. Cute
yeah, I realized this the other day. Had a laughed when I read Sera's journal on it. Poor barb.

Maybe I'm missing way too much stuff.

IM at that
ballroom quest
and already beat
hawkes
quest. People say I'm nearing the end. I really feel like I haven't spent much time with the game, and i don't feel like I'm blowing through content.

Does the game hit the pedal to the floor after where I'm at? Am i really pretty much done?

Namikaze1

Hinterlands is my home away from home. I just can't leave it. The memories...
I just can't forget about those! I'll never leave you, sweet Hinterlands!

Finished the primary quest chain in that frozen place last night, Empris Lions something something. I actually really liked the relative linearity of that zone, seemed nicely focused and dense, not full of distractions. Probably unpopular opinion: I wish the whole game was more like that. I don't like this new Bioware that sacrifices cinematic engagement and plot structure in favor of open world exploration and "quantity over quality" side questing.

The Chef

I WENT BACK TO THE HINTERLANDS AFTER 90 HOURS PLZ SEND HELP

Lol
I've been forcing myself to do story missions lately. But now the main storyline quest is called
"in your heart shall burn
" ....this isn't getting close to the end is it?

samn

Lol
I've been forcing myself to do story missions lately. But now the main storyline quest is called
"in your heart shall burn
" ....this isn't getting close to the end is it?

It's about
40%
of the way in I think.

When I hear a song it says it's added to the codex yet I go to the codex and see nothing about songs. Heard a beauty last night in the tavern and wanted to look into it or even see if it was available to listen to.

I refuse to leave the Hinderlands until I've explored everything. The only time I leave the Hinderlands is to go back to base to sell stuff.

I'll probably leave the Hinderlands once the only remaining encounter are enemies that I can't beat yet.

Just got the game last week, so I haven't been anywhere else expect Haven. Had to restart my game 4 hours in once I found that Dragon Keep had set my Warden to dead when I told it he survived.

Everyone said... leave the Hinterlands. But even when I finally decided to stop by the Storm Coast, I went BACK to the Hinterlands. I couldn't leave all those quests unfinished!

My next playthrough will be barebones though. Only necessary quests. I'll probably miss a lot of interesting items in the process. Ah well.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I started the game - I've never had so much fun chasing rams for their delicious meat. I wish chasing rams was the whole game.

Does anyone know where the best heavy armor/ one hand weapons or schematics are?

The best I can find are templar armor (which has rogue stats) and while I find great 2 handers & schematics my last one hander I found 10 levels ago.

A lot of you guys that are trying to do every single side quest are probably gonna burn out the same way I did. I tried, and at the Hinterlands I was actually enjoying it. But when I realized that those filler quests are like 95% of this 200 hour game, 60 hours in I started to feel the ware. Now I find myself skipping most minor quests I come past because I just don't give a shit. I hardly give a shit about the main story anymore because all my side questing has disconnected me from it.

Doing every side quest in this game is like drinking a bottle of salad dressing and ignoring the salad. Its not even a very big salad, so why they gave us an entire bottle of dressing is beyond me.

tcrunch

(big bad spoilers)
I have a question about the Architect from Awakening: is his story the same as
Cory, a magister that became one of the first darkspawn? It would have been cool if he had been the big bad (perhaps with slightly more nuanced motives) if you kept him alive in Awakening, and Cory the default. Cory is pretty boring, though it's certainly par with DAO to have the boss of everything just be evil for no reason.

ced

A lot of you guys that are trying to do every single side quest are probably gonna burn out the same way I did. I tried, and at the Hinterlands I was actually enjoying it. But when I realized that those filler quests are like 95% of this 200 hour game, 60 hours in I started to feel the ware. Now I find myself skipping most minor quests I come past because I just don't give a shit. I hardly give a shit about the main story anymore because all my side questing has disconnected me from it.

Doing every side quest in this game is like drinking a bottle of salad dressing and ignoring the salad. Its not even a very big salad, so why they gave us an entire bottle of dressing is beyond me.

The other issue is you out-level all the content.

I ended up starting over at 40 hrs because I didn't like my warrior. My second try I just focus on main quests and then go do side stuff when I needed more power / levels to progress. I also try to find all camps to at least see the different areas. I do find myself getting side tracked with exploration, but I enjoy that.

Spineker

Banned
Hinterlands is a damn nice area, love the looks there.

The whole game looks stunning imho. So many moments where I just look at the landscape. I should start taking screenshots.

So far the Emerald Graves is objectively the best looking area. It is utterly gorgeous

I made two more characters thinking they'd be for "later" playthroughs, as I haven't finished my first one yet, but now I kinda want to just abandon my first game 40 hours in and play my shiny new rogue.

Have people found a way to break any of the warrior classes? I know KE is basically unkillable, and both assassin and tempest rogue specs can apparently kill gods by sneezing on them, but it seems like warrior is just sorta...there.

Darklord

Banned
At 25 hours I was still in the Hinterlands...

unexpected-monk-meme-generator-do-me-a-favor-and-get-the-fuck-out-5acdec_zps8f320465.jpg

pahamrick

Emerald Graves spoilers

The random haunted mansion crawling with undead was such a great surprise to run across while exploring. Finding out what happened while coming across diary entries painted a depressing picture.

So far EG has been my favorite area. This game has me hyped for the potential of the next mass effect.

Ralemont

not me
https://friendme.sonyentertainmentne..._6&code=cW8nIW

So I'm hopelessly addicted to the multiplayer. I haven't really loaded my beloved SP game in like a week or so. MP is SO good.

I prestiged my Archer last night, and am already level 14 on him again, and got the best armor for him available. I've gone ahead and started a Reaver as well, and already made the best armor for him. I'll start on him in earnest once I max my Archer again.

Anyone out there who is enjoying it as much as me can feel free to friend me on PSN. I'm not the best player out there, and I don't usually wear a mic, but if you just wanna run some missions hit me up.
-------------
Repost from end of last thread. C'mon y'all, let's age some dragons!

Which chests give you the most bang for your buck? I bought a big chest last time and got some really nice armor from it, but I'm not sure if I was just lucky or you can only get the good equip from the bigs?

Megasoum

Banned
It's funny but I think the biggest fix I want in the patch is the Left on D-Pad to open the map that doesn'T work on PC for some reason.

Ralemont

not me
When I hear a song it says it's added to the codex yet I go to the codex and see nothing about songs. Heard a beauty last night in the tavern and wanted to look into it or even see if it was available to listen to.

I think the lyrics are added to "Tales"?

Lakitu

st5fu
Nearly done with the game, just have to finish Empire du Lion, The Hissing Wastes and the last(?) story quest as well as some companion quests.

It's been one hell of a game, GOTY for me.

Meier

I've played for about 20-25 hours and I didn't even realize there was multiplayer in this until I just read the FAQ in the OP.

I hit level 13 I think last night.. maybe still on 12. Cleared out the Fallow (?) Marsh after unlocking it much earlier.

Evil Beaver

Has there been any patches released on the console side yet? My buddy ran into some big issues on XB1 so I've been holding off on playing the game until Bioware cleans the game up a bit.

I got really bummed out when I found out that my world state got bugged.
My Female warden got Morrigan pregnant, and romanced her..but also stabbed her in Witch Hunt.
...Bioware pls patch.

dralla

I'm like 5-6 hours in, I've done the first 'real' mission, go see Giselle. I've been roaming around the Hinterlands doing...stuff. It's so dense and it's all so god damn pretty. I can't..stop

TheExodu5

Banned
I only have a few characters unlocked so far...but I think I'm set on having Dorian in my party. If I were ditching bows and going daggers, I might consider Sera as well, since she's pretty interesting.

Currently running an archer, with a s&s tank, 2h offtank, and mage. Not sure if the offtank is worthwhile in Normal. Seems to be a pain to manage threat in between the two. If I could have the offtank defend both myself and the mage, then it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe I'll just put him on mage defense since I have stealth and back leap to get myself out of danger.

Now that I've speced mage to lightning, I'm finding static cage incredibly useful. Stick mobs in the cage, and chain one out with my 2h offtank and take them out quickly.

I haven't been playing long, so regarding the Hinterlands...In terms of the enemies faced/experience gained, is it better to explore as a low level, or should I actually venture out and then come back later?

Honestly I haven't researched much on the leveling/enemy design.

Top Bottom