• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Uh, am I reading this right? Shipping to Canada is less than half the cost of shipping to US??

I'm guessing it's still coming from the US though, so as a $100 product, we are definitely going to get dinged at the border with taxes and service fee. That is... undesirable.

Aren't we protected under NAFTA if this is manufactured in the US? I've ordered from NISA and such numerous times and I've never been hit with fees.

zroid

Banned
Aren't we protected under NAFTA if this is manufactured in the US? I've ordered from NISA and such numerous times and I've never been hit with fees.

It's highly unlikely that it's manufactured in the US :/

But either way, I don't believe video games have duty. HST, on the other hand, you cannot escape (unless you get lucky). And if they smack you with the HST, Canada Post or the courier is gonna smack you with whatever fee they charge for when the item gets stopped at the border. I think it's like $10?

I was really hoping Scamco would strike a deal with EBGames.

RPGCrazied

Got a preorder in at gamestop. I wish you'd get some dlc with the steel case, but better than nothing I guess. I hope the manual is decent.

Yuterald

Is the 31st the last day to pre-order the Wizard Edition? Do they really charge your card immediately too? I'm really looking forward to this game and I'd like the cool collector's edition, but I don't really want to charge 100 bucks on my card at the moment.

Sora_N

Is the 31st the last day to pre-order the Wizard Edition? Do they really charge your card immediately too? I'm really looking forward to this game and I'd like the cool collector's edition, but I don't really want to charge 100 bucks on my card at the moment.

Same...

Preordered Wizard's edition, but I wish we could get the hard cover from GameStop

What are Prints?

I really want the coin, can't they compensate for a lack of a hard cover?

cakefoo

The only place I can think of that doesn't touch your CC until it ships is Amazon. Namco's payment process works like Gamestop, Walmart, Frys, Best Buy, etc, who all place about a week-long hold at the time of a preorder. I don't think anyone has reported being actually charged in full, permanently, unless they're using Paypal.

They only charge you right away with Paypal. If you just use a Credit Card you will be charged, but then the funds will be put back into your account within 5 work days. They do this to verify a legit form of payment.

randomkid

Well, I caved and pre-ordered despite the exorbitant price. I suppose everyone should splurge every once in a while and a Ghibli game and book is something worth splurging on. I'm hoping last minute stragglers like me push things over the edge for the coin bonus at least.

wizzbang

Banned
I'm going to pick up a copy through OzBargain.com (I'm an Aussie) hoping we don't get gouged. Not really my type of genre but I just wanna support these guys because of Studio Ghibli and it might be nice to try something different.
Waiting till Jan though :(

So the DLC familiars that come with this version are different than the one that comes with the Amazon version? :/

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Preordered Wizard's edition, but I wish we could get the hard cover from GameStop

What are Prints?

I really want the coin, can't they compensate for a lack of a hard cover?

Im assuming it might be some sort of artwork (collectors cards??)

Hopefully the goal will be achieved.. just 19% more!!!

Ponn

Banned
So the DLC familiars that come with this version are different than the one that comes with the Amazon version? :/

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I was excited for this set but thats the shit that has really rubbed me wrong and turned me off. To announce different, and GREAT preorder bonuses for 3rd party retailers and to not include those with your site only limited collectors edition is just shitty. I probably wouldn't be so upset about the dlc but that damn steelbook is killing me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
They also added a select soundtrack for reaching the first goal.
Awesome.
We have some additional details about the GOAL #1 item you’ve all helped to make happen. The Art Prints are a special collection of five 6” x 9” Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch premium prints depicting key moments of Oliver’s journey throughout his adventure. Each card features illustrations created by Studio Ghibli’s Yoshiyuki Momose, who supervised the game’s event scenes.

In Addition to that, with all your support, we are also including a bonus Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Special Music Selection CD in every copy of the Wizard’s Edition in North America. This music CD contains a couple of complete orchestral music tracks from the game, hand-picked to show the range and emotion of the beautiful music composed by famed composer Joe Hisaishi.

MicH

The music is by Joe Hisaishi? Holy crap, that is amazing! Please put that CD in the European versions as well.. pretty please :(

LiK

the credit card i used to preorder was stolen. Does anyone know if there is any way to change my card number or will I have to place another order?

you should call them to ask. they may just cancel your order if it gets declined. probably better to make another order just in case.

NiNoKuni-194x290.jpg

Ricker

Damn,110 bucks Canadian,I guess without taxes and all,which will push this close to 125 bucks...I really want this but do you guys know if I pre order the regular edition from Amazon or Gamestop if it counts for the items?...will it raise the percentage...

120 bucks is a lot of money compared to the 60 for the regular edition...

Glad I ordered as soon as it was available. Awesome that we are getting art prints & a CD. Never heard of a publisher adding stuff to an LE before :)
I guess they saw all the complaining about the price and are trying to include as much as possible to make it seem valuable to consumers

Splint

Damn the comic con exclusives are what I want. The plushy is better and the cape is kinda neat. I dont really like the other plushy..

they reset it to 4 days now. so there's hope we can reach 100% now. i just want to see goal 3. lol. they need to change the goal to facebook likes now xD

Toki767

they reset it to 4 days now. so there's hope we can reach 100% now. i just want to see goal 3. lol. they need to change the goal to facebook likes now xD

They're going to offer something really nice for Goal #3 knowing that they'll never reach it.

LiK

they're like, "fuck it, almost to 100% and we got all these coins lying around. just extend it."

Ok, I did my part and preordered. It's been a while since I ordered an insanely expensive collector's edition, so I felt I owed it to myself.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the book? It seems to have some connection to the game, but is optional.

Think of it like a Pokédex but for Spells you can cast. I've never ordered a Collector's Edition before so I'm excited and Namco is making it worth it. With all the wrongs they do they sure are doing a lot to make up for it lately, bravo Namco :)

Top Bottom