• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

JohnCYQ

뮤직뱅크 Music Bank - 팔레트 - 아이유 (Palette - IU).20170428

뮤직뱅크 Music Bank - 이 지금 - 아이유 (Dlwlrma - IU).20170428

[IU TV] 'Palette' Album Making #1

Someone has been working out...we finally see some of the abs we were promised from 2014.

C-grvtpUQAEiu2p.jpg

llehuty

On my seat waiting for the EXO LA Concert to start. Impressions later.
Oh, actually curious about how they hold up live (if you can actually hear them over the probably loud screams from fans)

Hey guys , I'm not Ann astute follower of kpop but I saw lovelyz filming in and around Calgary expo today.

I'm only on my phone so I'll just link my tweets if you wanna see my 8 second video and photo.

https://mobile.twitter.com/otakugamer/status/858159327474982913
Cool stuff, although it looks like nobody gave a fuck about them. The nugu struggle is real.

Oh, actually curious about how they hold up live (if you can actually hear them over the probably loud screams from fans)

Cool stuff, although it looks like nobody gave a fuck about them. The nugu struggle is real.

Well it is Calgary. I'd imagine Montreal had a better turnout. Montreal also got the best members.

This Saturday night just got redeemed... Crime Scene S3 Ep1 is finally subbed!

*grabs popcorn*

EDIT:

Holy fnck that was a great first episode!!!

Lmao at "finally", it aired on Friday. The hype is real, will check it out later.

It is worth all the hype lol.

It's basically CS2 without Dongmin's cockiness, Hani's weird/4D character, and Jinho's klutziness. You might even say that this is pretty much an extension of the sort.

The new characters are surprisingly entertaining despite the fact that the new characters felt too rigid, especially compared to PJY, and Jang Jin who just felt relaxed and back to their CS2 selves. Like the new characters were still too serious and a little uncomfortable whereas the veterans were dropping jokes and breaking character throughout the show. But obviously, this being the 1st ep, it's unsurprising that the rookies are uncomfortable.

IU "Palette" Live on Sketchbook — 유희열의 스케치북 Yu Huiyeol's Sketchbook - 아이유 - 팔레트. 20170429
IU "Palette" Live on Sketchbook — https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video...4233_4975c9cecd5e382371e64017f058dfc617b24790

(Eng Sub) [FULL] IU's LieV - 아이유의 눕방 라이브!

So happy for Yulhee. Finally one of the lesser known next gen girl groups groups made it.
R1920x0

Reminder: Gugudan "A Girl Like Me" is a solid song with fun choreo.
No, not even Sejeong was able to make me care about them prior to this song's release, but they have my attention now.

Reposting 4K dance practice:
gugudan(구구단) - '나 같은 애' (A Girl Like Me) Dance practice video

구구단 미니 팬미팅

gugudan(구구단) - HAPPY HANA DAY

[4K] 170429 송도 포켓몬 월드페스티벌 구구단 축하공연 전체 직캠 By.HOLIC
4K 직캠 Gugudan 구구단 함께걷자 송도센트럴파크 170429 Fancam

170427 구구단(gu9udan) 노컷 풀캠(No Cut) 단종문화제 전야제 직캠 by 니키식스
[4K] 170427 구구단 gugudan Full Cam @ 영월 단종문화제 By Sleeppage

Despite their early ticket sale, the show did not sold out. Maybe due to SHINee and BTS appearing less than 30 days prior as well as people having mid terms around this time who knows. Show was still about 85% full so it wasn't too bad. I was seated fairly close to the stage, but still on the upper balcony away from the crazies in the pit.

The crowd wasn't as loud as last years, or so I thought. On the second half of the show, the crowd got way louder and had my ears ringing for some time after the concerts over.

I sat next to a real Ahjumma, poor lady got picked on by security for recording the concert despite literally tons of people around us recording as well but they only focused on her and even threatened to eject her from the concert so she ended up just sitting down and deflated the rest of the concert :(

Set list was not as good as last years either. They focused on the latest album so the set list was heavily that, but last year had a much better variety spanning their early songs to present day. The lack of Lotto (or any EXO CBX song) was a massive WTF to my friend and I, as well as the people sitting around me expecting something similar at some point.

The performance was meh for the most part. They only "danced" maybe 4-5 songs at best, the rest of the songs just singing and strutting around the stage. The whole thing felt phoned in but in some ways I cant blame them considering how much SM overworks them. Might as well take care of their health since the crowd is hyped anyway despite them just standing around like mannequins.

The last thing they said was they're working on a new album and will come back again next year. I'll probably still go but ill buy a cheaper ticket like last year lol.

Hopefully KCONs lineup is good this year. I still beat myself up for missing out on the GOAT lineup last year.

llehuty

Dammnm IUuuuuuuuu so pretty.
They went down so deep in the throwback rabbit hole that it's not just a throwback, it sounds dated.

*EXO concer review*
welp, that doesn't sound very good. I'm surprised about them half assing it in the dance departmemt, since it's the only thing some of the members have going for them. Also, no Lotto it's indeed weird.

To think that these three acts are still active, but other groups fall apart after a couple of years.

llehuty

Crime Scene so good! They way the writers manage to give the shady backstories to every character and how they overlap the informations each one of them have of the others, and see it all unfold live is magical. And as much as I liked Hani and Jinho last season for being really smart and variety gold, I think Jihoon and Eunji acting skills give the show an extra edge in terms of the mental games and the difficulty to read each other. The comedian is the obvious weak link, and the reason why I'm assuming they gave him the detective role for next episode. I'm really hyped for this show, I hope it ends up getting good ratings to uarantee his longevity.

Produce 101 ep 3 subbed in several shapes and forms.

The center selection thing was so lukewarm, why spending so much time if the result is alredy known? It doesn't help that his performance was quite meh. I guess he got it because people like him a lot. Also, some of these early favourites are getting such mixed bag edits, not sure what mnet is going for.

Thankfully they are going to cut plenty of the contestants soon. I think it's the main problem this show has. They can't handle 101 contestants, even with 2hour + episodes. Also, some really wonky edit. I know everyone likes Moonbok and mnet is banking on it because he is going to be definitely part of the top 11, but his dancing during the EXO performance (both during practice and in the performance) was awful (Sohye tier) and there wasn't a single comment on it.

I'm still enjoying the show, but the edit manipulation is so evident.

On the kpop side of things:

러블리즈(Lovelyz) "지금, 우리" Teaser
Levelyz with a long overdue change of pace. Intrigued about it.

EXO-CBX /「Ka-CHING!」MUSIC VIDEO -Short Ver.-
"Money's good, money's bad. Are you rich? are you poor?" Xiumin with the deep economical commentary.

이달의소녀탐정6 #?? (LOOΠΔ TV Prequel6 #??)
The blurred girls of the month.

Anybody use Pandora for discovery?

I got tired of listening to my playlist so I opened up the K-Pop station, filtered junk out like BTS, EXO and other trash groups, and damn, this is some good shit.

It's pretty varied too. Pristin's Wee Woo just played right after IGAB, then Miss A's Hush so that was interesting haha.

But I think I like this more than the Sirius XM radio I was talking about a month ago.

llehuty

Cube keeps being a piece of shit; they have removed almost every release from 4Minute and Beast from Spotify (at least in my region), only their latest releases and some random japanese singles are available now.

Don't recall if these were posted at the time:

K.A.R.D Reacting to Latin Music Videos Part 1
K.A.R.D - Reacting to Latin Music Videos Part 2 - [ESP][PORT][ENG]
K.A.R.D - Reacting to Latin Music Videos Part 3 - [ESP][PORT][ENG]
K.A.R.D - Latin Dance Challenge Part 4 - [ESP][PORT][ENG]

what did I do before KARD and Dreamcatcher debuts

I got tired of listening to my playlist so I opened up the K-Pop station, filtered junk out like BTS, EXO and other trash groups
R1920x0

I'm not exactly a BTS diehard either, but I'll take the bait. Also, EXO fully disbanded and retired shortly after "Growl," with only a handful of unreleased material like "Call Me Baby" secretly getting leaked since. Let their collective carcass rest.

·feist·;235411327 said:
Don't recall if these were posted at the time:

what did I do before KARD and Dreamcatcher debuts

I'm not exactly a BTS diehard either, but I'll take the bait. Also, EXO fully disbanded and retired shortly after "Growl," with only a handful of unreleased material like "Call Me Baby" secretly getting leaked since. Let their collective carcass rest.

Heh I see what you did there.

Btw, are there no solo gifs of JiU? That's disapponting. :(

To the last point, my irrational hate with BTS lies with the stans lol. I don't want to do anything with that trash of a fandom so anything to disassociate myself with trash I do.

EXO was kind of a joke because ironically Growl was the song that came on... I was like WTF is this shit, that was probably the fastest I've ever thumbed down a song haha. Oddly enough, I actually sorta like some of EXO's songs post-Call Me Baby, but it's mostly because SM's music production team are amazing at what they do... it's literally the same reason why I can stomach Shinee and SuJu stuff.

Anyway, I gotta recommend Pandora's music discovery/station. I'm not sure how updated it is coz in the entire 6 hours I was listening to it at work the newest songs were GFriend's Fingertip and Pristin's Wee Woo, and a lot of the songs it plays are a little more dated but I'm sure it'll be easy to curate if you really want to specify it.

llehuty

Grace doing an European tour.

Dusseldorf, Germany- May 20th
Prague, Czech Republic- May 26th
London, UK- May 28th
Warsaw, Poland- June 3rd
Moscow- June 4th
(More city TBA)
https://www.youngbroskpop.com/

It's not KCON, but can't really beat some of those prices (10€/12 pounds for now). Might bite if she adds a date in France or Spain.

I'm a wondergirls stan (rip).

So I should probably wish Sunmi Happy birthday!

(also hurry up and release your solo)
More wonder girls fans are always welcome, if JYP got their shit together and put JYP music in Spotify I know for a fact I would be listening to Reboot on a daily basis (now it's just weekly).

And YES for a Sunmi solo, her Full Moon mini album ranks between my favourite kpop releases.

Oddly enough, I actually sorta like some of EXO's songs post-Call Me Baby, but it's mostly because SM's music production team are amazing at what they do... it's literally the same reason why I can stomach Shinee and SuJu stuff.

Anyway, I gotta recommend Pandora's music discovery/station. I'm not sure how updated it is coz in the entire 6 hours I was listening to it at work the newest songs were GFriend's Fingertip and Pristin's Wee Woo, and a lot of the songs it plays are a little more dated but I'm sure it'll be easy to curate if you really want to specify it.
Stomach Shinee? Like what? They are at the top in terms of boy groups IMO, both the material they get and their talent working in synergy.

Also, that Pandora thing looks like it's only going to link things I already heard before, don't really see the point of that when I can enjoy my own personal playlists.

Yes, YES. They managed to make a fun and upbeat song, but keeping their identity in the process. I'm legit impressed.

Top Bottom