• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Firemind

Well... I mean they went from meddling in the editing room in BVS... to meddling during filming, after filming, during re-shoots, and still meddling now in JL.

I have no idea what to expect. It could be horrific, it could be average, it good be good.

They might be trying to make so many fundamental changes, that it might come off as disjointed. I really wish they just let Snyder do his thing and tell his story. I loved MOS and really enjoyed BVS UC, but I can see why they reacted.
if wb and whedon are going to ff4 jl i swear to god

a916

Not a normal leak though, from a screening this time. And all signs point to there being a legit screening, so its possible

I totally believe there was a screening. But what's to stop some random person seeing that and then making up a reddit post?

Jocund

I totally believe there was a screening. But what's to stop some random person seeing that and then making up a reddit post?
Nothing. But there's just as likely a possibility of someone writing up an actual synopsis, so I don't understand your point.

I was pretty confused myself, but one guy indeed have ticket which was also on twitter. I checked if it was shopped or just copied, looked legit. But who knows.

IconGrist

I was pretty confused myself, but one guy indeed have ticket which was also on twitter. I checked if it was shopped or just copied, looked legit. But who knows.

There was one pic of a ticket that I saw like 8 different guys using as proof they saw the movie. The exact same picture.

Penguin

So some guy is passing around his photo of the ticket and telling his friends to use it to spread some shit?

I can believe that.

This scares the shit out of me.

See impressions like this tells me so little since filtered through the lens of what you want/don't want

Like why is the comedy with Batman bad? Is he too snarky or quippy? Or is it because the friend doesn't like Batman and humor in general.

The Flash isn't as good as the TV show also tells me nothing. Does he mean how he uses his power? The special FX for it? Like is he not as developed as a dude who has been given 3 seasons of a show?

IconGrist

Oh did he? Examples?

Hell, there's an entire thread on the subreddit that discredits the guy. The short version is there's just bits from some 4chan leaks thrown in there and despite what we know about the actor's schedules during the reshoots and the problems involved in scheduling that somehow Joss managed to reshoot 70% of the movie in less than 2 months.

Penguin

Hell, there's an entire thread on the subreddit that discredits the guy. The short version is there's just bits from some 4chan leaks thrown in there and despite what we know about the actor's schedules during the reshoots and the problems involved in scheduling that somehow Joss managed to reshoot 70% of the movie in less than 2 months.

I wouldn't read anything into people giving an estimate of what Zack or Joss did. Unless we get like a director's cut, it will just be people dividing it up based on their perspective of each director.

"Any scenes with a joke will be Joss"

Like folks who swore that the Flash scene with the Batsignal was a Joss addition even though we knew it was from Zack's filming

IconGrist

I wouldn't read anything into people giving an estimate of what Zack or Joss did. Unless we get like a director's cut, it will just be people dividing it up based on their perspective of each director.

"Any scenes with a joke will be Joss"

Like folks who swore that the Flash scene with the Batsignal was a Joss addition even though we knew it was from Zack's filming

His claim that Joss did 70% of the movie was due to Cavill having a lot of screen time and all his facial hair still. Plus some random scene of Cyborg and Flash,
digging up Superman's grave,
that had unfinished work thrown in with finished work.

The problem with that is Cavill had like 3 or 4 days free to film any of his reshoot scenes before had to go back to filming MI6. It just doesn't add up.

a916

Nothing. But there's just as likely a possibility of someone writing up an actual synopsis, so I don't understand your point.

That we should treat this as another 4Chan leak. There's people in the OT that are treating this thing as gospel.

BadAss2961

Feeling kinda meh on JL right now. It'll have his thumbprint on it, but Snyder's total hands off approach down the stretch indicates this movie was indeed hijacked.

It'll be alright... But definitely prepared for an inoffensive, by committee type of movie. Hopefully there's a good action flick in there.

Ashhong

Feeling kinda meh on JL right now. It'll have his thumbprint on it, but Snyder's total hands off approach down the stretch indicates this movie was indeed hijacked.

It'll be alright... But definitely prepared for an inoffensive, by committee type of movie. Hopefully there's a good action flick in there.

Is it hijacked if Snyder gave him the keys?

J_Viper

DKRThzBVwAACbuY.jpg

I knew there was no way they leave Soup entirely out of the marketing

bet he's in the next trailer

BadAss2961

Is it hijacked if Snyder gave him the keys?
I'm not so sure that's how it went down anymore.

Either way, it appears Zack hasn't had any input on JL since he left the project. It's just not in his hands anymore whatsoever, which sucks if you were interested in seeing him complete this Man of Steel to Justice League arc as intended.

I think JL is gonna be shite because I don't trust Synder
I know Whedon also did some work in the form of reshoots but remember that Suicide Squad went through a bunch of reshoots as well
You can't polish a turd into a diamond

a916

DKRThzBVwAACbuY.jpg

I knew there was no way they leave Soup entirely out of the marketing

bet he's in the next trailer

They have keep him in marketing... but still stop well short of actually showing him.

I mean he's all over all the trailers.

They dropped the name Kryptonian, Batman is searching for these members because of Superman's death, the only reason Steppenwolf comes is Superman is death, they play his theme, and they tease him at the ending. He's the main line through the entire movie.

I think JL is gonna be shite because I don't trust Synder
I know Whedon also did some work in the form of reshoots but remember that Suicide Squad went through a bunch of reshoots as well
You can't polish a turd into a diamond

Apples to oranges. Not saying what JL will be but SS was doomed from the beggining when they had 6 weeks to write and go into production and further doomed when some trailer company cut the movie.

They have keep him in marketing... but still stop well short of actually showing him.

Apples to oranges. Not saying what JL will be but SS was doomed from the beggining when they had 6 weeks to write and go into production and further doomed when some trailer company cut the movie.
It's probably going to be much better than SS but still not a very quality movie
SS did not set a high bar

Silver Lining: If the movie ends up being the worst thing since "Despacito", it will be fun to muse and romanticize about "what if a 100% Snyder version would've been better than what we got?"

I'll wait anxiously for the " The death of Zack Snyder's Justice League: What happened?" indie documentary.

Ashhong

I'm not so sure that's how it went down anymore.

Either way, it appears Zack hasn't had any input on JL since he left the project. It's just not in his hands anymore whatsoever, which sucks if you were interested in seeing him complete this Man of Steel to Justice League arc as intended.

To be fair, if Zack stepped down from the movie due to family, it would just be unfair for him to come in and still have any actual creative say. I understand that he left for good reason, but if you leave you leave. Can't take a break, ask someone to do their thing, and then come back later and complain that he didn't do this or that correctly. And I'm pretty sure Zack understands and respects that. He knows it's out of his hands.

It does suck that we aren't getting the true trilogy as intended. I'm still hoping that Whedon did not change THAT much. How much could you possibly change with reshoots?

BadAss2961

To be fair, if Zack stepped down from the movie due to family, it would just be unfair for him to come in and still have any actual creative say. I understand that he left for good reason, but if you leave you leave. Can't take a break, ask someone to do their thing, and then come back later and complain that he didn't do this or that correctly. And I'm pretty sure Zack understands and respects that. He knows it's out of his hands.

It does suck that we aren't getting the true trilogy as intended. I'm still hoping that Whedon did not change THAT much. How much could you possibly change with reshoots?
Maybe with some new or unaccomplished director, but not with Zack who godfathered the DCEU and is in pretty tight with WB. Wouldn't expect him to bark orders in his drawers from video chat, but at least some sort of consultant role as JL wraps up would've been a sign of good faith. Instead it's as if he might not even be aware of exactly what the film will become in the end. He's not even going to do any press.

WB loves Zack and will keep him under their wing, but I think they caved in desperation to make sure JL is as safe as possible. And to achieve that, probably the first name that would come to mind is the guy who founded the MCU formula.

Ninjimbo

See impressions like this tells me so little since filtered through the lens of what you want/don't want

Like why is the comedy with Batman bad? Is he too snarky or quippy? Or is it because the friend doesn't like Batman and humor in general.

The Flash isn't as good as the TV show also tells me nothing. Does he mean how he uses his power? The special FX for it? Like is he not as developed as a dude who has been given 3 seasons of a show?
You're right that it's not saying a lot. I don't even watch the Flash TV show so the Flash stuff doesn't even register with me. What does register is people leaving with an overall 'meh' impression of the movie. That is not the impression I want for the first JL movie or a movie directed by Snyder because if there's one thing you can count on Snyder to bring, it's something that's at least unique.

Just the fact that the movie is light on plot is already enough to throw up a warning sign. MoS and BvS were movies where stuff is always happening. There's a palpable feeling that so many wheels about being turned. They feel like epic stories. JL should carry the same weight, I feel.

jrush64

Banned
You're right that it's not saying a lot. I don't even watch the Flash TV show so the Flash stuff doesn't even register with me. What does register is people leaving with an overall 'meh' impression of the movie. That is not the impression I want for the first JL movie or a movie directed by Snyder because if there's one thing you can count on Snyder to bring, it's something that's at least unique.

Just the fact that the movie is light on plot is already enough to throw up a warning sign. MoS and BvS were movies where stuff is always happening. There's a palpable feeling that so many wheels about being turned. They feel like epic stories. JL should carry the same weight, I feel.

I don't think we should say that yet. I mean, there's a lot we still don't know about the movie right now. A lot. All we're doing is jumping to conclusions and feeling anxious about the movie.

To be honest, the movie looks like it's just going to be meh. Run of the mill superhero movie and to me that will be disappointing. Now I also thought the same about Wonder Woman and I was surprised.

The only thing we can do is wait and hope the movie is enjoyable to us and the general public. That's the most important thing right now.

Dierce

Silver Lining: If the movie ends up being the worst thing since "Despacito", it will be fun to muse and romanticize about "what if a 100% Snyder version would've been better than what we got?"

I'll wait anxiously for the " The death of Zack Snyder's Justice League: What happened?" indie documentary.
If the movie ends up being bad critics will blame Snyder. If it's good Whedon will get all the praise. One way or the other Snyder unfortunately gets the short end of the stick.

Again, it’s real easy to make these things up when you’re vague about details and have been following obscure news about the movie. They were also wrong about a few key details that aren’t public/well known.

And it’s interesting to see Gal host SNL now. Maybe it was reshoots, injury, or something else that they had Chris Pine do it as promotion for Wonder Woman.

Ross61

And y’all just spent two pages about how Whedon ruined Snyder’s and Terrio’s “vision”. Sometimes, some of you are just as bad as the dudes who go to every DCEU thread just to shitpost.

Again, it’s real easy to make these things up when you’re vague about details and have been following obscure news about the movie. They were also wrong about a few key details that aren’t public/well known.

And it’s interesting to see Gal host SNL now. Maybe it was reshoots, injury, or something else that they had Chris Pine do it as promotion for Wonder Woman.
Wasn’t she pregnant or just had her child?

Top Bottom