• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT2| All Riffs, No Gifs

There is also a possibility that somebody from their record company/printing added those lines before they went to print, but were found before the main print started.
No, this was the first pressing of the album. Not a test pressing. Sounds like it was removed when people started sending letters and shit to them saying they weren't fans anymore. Also let's be real, it's not a statement from the label, it's a note personally written by the band.

It's just interesting to see how something like this could be buried at the time (especially when nowadays they seem to be a progressive band) when if this would've happened now they'd have some real issues

If Bob Marley were still alive what are the odds he would have been anti gay marriage and lose a bunch of fans with his old man tweets.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It's just interesting to see how something like this could be buried at the time (especially when nowadays they seem to be a progressive band) when if this would've happened now they'd have some real issues

Oh I thought that is was some limited edition print and not the first one.

And I agree, a lot could be hidden in 80s and early 90s. Just image if somebody wrote that down now and release it into the print....

choodi

Banned
A friend brought over some vinyls yesterday, some old first presses he got recently

One was Kreator's Terrible Uncertainty. While he was looking through the liner notes he saw the "NO THANKS TO:" section which mentions posers, etc and ends with "faggots and gays for spreading AIDS"

Upon further searching this was apparently removed from all other pressings and there doesn't seem to be much of anything online over it.

Obviously people are dumb/young and can smarten up about that sort of thing but yikes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a less disappointing note yo this shit is tight (Seminal Enbalment, brutal death)

The 80s were a different time. This kind of thing was pretty much the norm. It's hard to explain in the context of 2017, but that kind of thing was not uncommon back then.

choodi

Banned
Eddie Murphy built a comedy career off of homophobia

Andrew Dice Clay too...Pretty much every comedian was doing gay jokes back then.

You also have to understand the absolute level of fear all over the world of HIV/AIDS. It was literally portrayed as a death sentence and we were being bombarded with messages all the time about it being a "gay" disease.

choodi

Banned
So that brief discussion we had about doom/sludge/psych/etc a few pages back led me to discover some cool new bands, including a Swedish band called Blue Pills.

I bring them up here because I just want to say that their vocalist, Elin Larsson, is amazing!

I've never really been a fan of female vocals in metal/hard rock, but this girl can seriously wail!

Some songs to check out:
High Class Woman

Lady in Gold

No Hope Left for Me (shades of Amy Winehouse here)

Little Boy Preacher

A friend brought over some vinyls yesterday, some old first presses he got recently

One was Kreator's Terrible Uncertainty. While he was looking through the liner notes he saw the "NO THANKS TO:" section which mentions posers, etc and ends with "faggots and gays for spreading AIDS"

Upon further searching this was apparently removed from all other pressings and there doesn't seem to be much of anything online over it.

Obviously people are dumb/young and can smarten up about that sort of thing but yikes.

It's even sadder because that album is fucking awesome.

Tankard

So that brief discussion we had about doom/sludge/psych/etc a few pages back led me to discover some cool new bands, including a Swedish band called Blue Pills.

I bring them up here because I just want to say that their vocalist, Elin Larsson, is amazing!

I've never really been a fan of female vocals in metal/hard rock, but this girl can seriously wail!

Some songs to check out:
High Class Woman

Lady in Gold

No Hope Left for Me (shades of Amy Winehouse here)

Little Boy Preacher

Blues Pills is indeed a great band, had a chance to see them live last year and they rocked. I was a bit disappointed in their new album though, it's not bad at all, but i was expecting an even better record than their debut album and i don't think they accomplished that.

Sadly we wont be getting dark angel's new album this year..gene hoglan said they have about 5 to 6 songs and needs to free up time to do more with jim to do them.

Said its basically a mixture of the 3 albums sound wise

Sesha

Hello good folk of ye metalle threadde. Sorry, I don't know where I was going with that. Anyway, I am looking an album that I've forgotten the name of, and I need help finding it. I don't remember the name of the band, but it was death metal. The cover is primarily blue in color, with some red in there, I think, and shows Jesus' upper body while lying horizontally as he gets nailed to the cross. I vaguely remember words like god, christ, dethroned, execution and so on, but none of it sticks. No pun intended.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Looking forward to seeing Alcest tonight! Can't wait to hear Ecailles de lune pt. 2 live!

Oh man, I'm jealous. Three years ago on my birthday Alcest and Opeth were playing together and I didn't find out about it until that very night, so all the tickets were gone. I've never seen either to date, so it still hurts. Have fun.

Hello good folk of ye metalle threadde. Sorry, I don't know where I was going with that. Anyway, I am looking an album that I've forgotten the name of, and I need help finding it. I don't remember the name of the band, but it was death metal. The cover is primarily blue in color, with some red in there, I think, and shows Jesus' upper body while lying horizontally as he gets nailed to the cross. I vaguely remember words like god, christ, dethroned, execution and so on, but none of it sticks. No pun intended.

GodDethroned-BloodyBlasphemy.jpg

God Dethroned - Blood Blasphemy!
Excellent and catchy album.

Sesha

GodDethroned-BloodyBlasphemy.jpg

God Dethroned - Blood Blasphemy!
Excellent and catchy album.

Thanks, but this isn't it. I think my memory is mixed up because I do remember God Dethroned and this cover as well, including a bunch of others with similar names and motifs. I think the album came out in the mid or late 00s, if that helps.

"Icons of Evil" by Vital Remains, perhaps?

Top Bottom