• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Syder

I'm sitting here in this 50 post by 13 page thread and my beady little eeeeeyes can't believe what I'm reading! You trash!
What.the.hell.

How do you guys have to time to listen to an 11 hour podcast?
I have like 6-8 weekly podcasts that I listen to and rarely skip. I work out 3-5 times a week and I still don't get through them all. I'm always a month behind on Regular Features.

Speaking of working out, I just finished the first 13 weeks [beginner] of the DDP Yoga program. I usually do it after a jog, 3 times a week, and it's pretty good. Usually, I'm a cardio only guy (football, cycling, running) but this has definitely helped with strength and flexibility. I still need to fix my shitty, sugar-filled diet though but otherwise I like feeling the...

BANG!

bang.gif

Journey to and from work is ideal podcast time, as is the walk with the dog. But I wouldn't waste it on wrestling podcasts. Just D&D ones.

Wrestling podcasts chatting about the same stuff over and over again would bore me too much. I'd like a wrestling podcast that discusses the story and characters of various wrestlers and promotions, rather than gossip and ratings.

Fox318

I tried DDP yoga but I couldn't get into the rock vibe of it.

If I'm doing yoga I actually really like the quiet introspective nature of a calm class.

3 best things people could probably do to improve their health:

Stop smoking
Cut sugar
Do yoga

Its a fantastic workout and aside from maybe swimming is the most caloically intensive workout you can do.

30 years (random number pulled from thin air to create a talking point and sustain an opinion) from now sugar will be re-classed as s drug.

Syder

30 years (random number pulled from thin air to create a talking point and sustain an opinion) from now sugar will be re-classed as s drug.
#30Years

I'm drinking a can of Pepsi Max and the packaging tells me there's no sugar and it's 1 calorie. How is this possible? Is it magic?

Anth0ny

Journey to and from work is ideal podcast time, as is the walk with the dog. But I wouldn't waste it on wrestling podcasts. Just D&D ones.

Wrestling podcasts chatting about the same stuff over and over again would bore me too much. I'd like a wrestling podcast that discusses the story and characters of various wrestlers and promotions, rather than gossip and ratings.

Friend, let me introduce you to THE LAPSED FAN.

Scroll through, check out your favorite show, they've probably already covered it. They are most well known for their full Wrestlemania, Starrcade and AWA journeys, which you can see if you scroll through the shows.

I only really listen to Lapsed Fan, LAW stuff and Giant Bomb/Beast for my kideo game fix. With all the time I'm in the gym, driving, and editing my youtube videos for the millions of fans, I have lots of time to listen to podcasts.

I never complain about length when it comes to the Lapsed Fan. I want it long. And hard.

Fox318

I'm no nutritionist but I'm not sure I would go that far but I can see the argument. I know when I went on a keto diet it was crazy how much weight I started losing and how much energy I had after a while.

I'd argue that over consumption of sugar and people not knowing what they are eating leads to obesity more than anything else. I think everyone can have a cookie or a snack but when you really look at how everything is priced and packaged today that's the bigger issue. Soda, Candy, treats are by two get 1 free or 2 for the price of 1. Hell you lose money only buying one snack!

#30Years

I'm drinking a can of Pepsi Max and the packaging tells me there's no sugar and it's 1 calorie. How is this possible? Is it magic?

They renamed Pepsi Max to Pepsi 0 or something like that over here. When drinking it I can't tell if it tastes the same or not.

klonere

Banned
I'm really intrigued about these NJPW US shows but I'm not sure if it's going to be good.

It's certainly not going to be like regular NJPW.

Fox318

It's going to be super weird. I can't wait for the "This is awesome!" chants.

I wish there was a way to fix crowds in wrestling events.

I think they should be loud and crass but I wish there was a way to make it so they had to treat it though it were real.

its not great from a TV perspective and live it gets really awkward.

TNA was good in microcosms but could never put it all together, especially since Russo came in right at the beginning and right at the time they were gaining exposure.

NJPW at 5pm is super fucking sweet.
Minus the shitty fucking mark loser ass crowd.
And the big title matches.

Hopefully a Heroman run in.

Anth0ny

I honestly think the more WWE loses its foothold and the more popular New Japan becomes in the West, the less and less we'll see "full sail" crowds with all the dumb chants.

I always felt like those crowds existed because they were so tired of the garbage being fed to them by the biggest mainstream product that they felt they needed some kind of a release at any remotely entertaining wrestling show. like nxt shows or raw after mania. hence the dumb ass chants.

hopefully they'll soon realize that the in ring action in New Japan tells such a great story that you don't need to distract yourself with lame ass chants. you can just applause like normal and enjoy what you're watching.

Top Bottom