• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[HOAX] Rockstar doing motion capture work for GTA 6 now [HOAX]

NUyttbn.gif

GTA Vice City is my favorite GTA of all time. It would be a missed opportunity not revisiting Vice City with current-gen graphics.

deo

Banned
After GTA Online happened I'm really not all that excited for GTA 6. I don't think Rockstar will be going in the direction I want.

Ditto.

Lets just hope its VC or LC this time. And not a huge map with no substanace

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Remember when they showed GTA 5's trailer for the first time? Yeah, that was like five years ago. Fuck.

UrbanRats

Will it be cross gen, or will they just wait for a full on PS5 title?

Assuming development started (in some form) in 2014, right after they shipped V, and counting their usual 5 to 6 years of development, i can see a 2020 release be cross gen still.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Didnt Rockstar stated they are not gonna back down from multiple protagonists? Maybe i remember it wrong

So long as they explore the mechanic more thoroughly than they did in V, I can't say I'm against it.

Like RDR2 could have an amazing The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly thing going on. Imagine playing out a final showdown between all 3 characters using that switch mechanic to decide, rather than selecting an option on an in-game mobile. Yummy.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Assuming development started (in some form) in 2014, right after they shipped V, and counting their usual 5 to 6 years of development, i can see a 2020 release be cross gen still.

They made a ton of cash doing it that way last time. I'd be surprised if they weren't aiming to do that specifically.

Huh, if RDR2 is coming out next year, there's no way that GTAVI will be out 2019. Maybe they'll finally re-reveal Agent or announce Bully 2 soon enough.

Plum

I'm hoping it isn't Vice City as a single place. Rockstar should do something original in a GTA game instead of just rehashing the same few cities from the PS2 trilogy over and over again.

It'll release in 2020 for PS4 and Xbox One a few months before the PS5 and Xbox Two release.

Then they'll release the new and improved version in 2021 for PS5 and Xbox Two for that sweet, sweet double-dipping money.

Gurish

After GTA Online happened I'm really not all that excited for GTA 6. I don't think Rockstar will be going in the direction I want.

Why? you will get your awesome and extremely high production valued campaign just like you did in GTA5, you don't have to bother with the online portion.

deo

Banned
Why? you will get your awesome and extremely high production valued campaign just like you did in GTA5, you don't have to bother with the online portion.

People like campaigns that are supported long after launch (Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Uncharted, etc.) Especially when the base game was only 69 missions long and the ending seemed rushed. And frankly, there wasnt much to do to keep your interests after the campaign.
And they might double down on the online component this time. Maybe making it seemless or (hopefully not) it just being always online like The Division or Destiny

deo

Banned
I had a look but can't see where they said that. Am I being dumb again?

lol Nah :D
Just scroll down to the first question by Allen. Here's the response:

Absolutely not! We are excited by the response to our first effort at a first person experience, but remain committed to third person games and may or may not use first person as a camera option in the future. We do like to, whenever possible, give people options so they can play a game the way they like.

UrbanRats

Huh, if RDR2 is coming out next year, there's no way that GTAVI will be out 2019. Maybe they'll finally re-reveal Agent or announce Bully 2 soon enough.

Whatever year they say, it'll be delayed to the year after, especially if that first date is in the fall.

Also, i'm sure at some point they were working on a Bully 2, Shawn Lee (composer for Bully 1) mentioned he was working on a sequel, some years back.
But i have a feeling their structure changed a lot in the last few years, and they're probably a GTA/RDR company now, especially with the Online component having become what it did.

I'm surprised they even bothered with RDR, instead of going straight up into GTA6, but i guess RDR was still a critical darling AND it sold >10m copies, still.
I don't think they'll waste their time with Bully tho.

deo

Banned
If any of you guys remember, Donald Love from GTAIII was obviously a parody of Donald Trump. Back then in GTAIII, he was just a business man but if they set this game in the present day, maybe they can make him president xD

As long as the Housers still like to tell a story i'm sure GTA 6 just like RDR2 will have a singleplayer story mode that will be worth it. SP DLC after release however is where we should be worried. But no way will GTA 6 not have a SP mode. Unless RDR2 all of a sudden has a story mode that can only be played with multiple players, then we can start worrying. But that's not happening.

AndyVirus

I want Vice City but more to the point I want Vice City's soundtrack. That quality but the size of V's remastered soundtrack would be godly. (VC was 105 songs, V had 420 by the end)

_Rob_

Bring on a two protagonist game, a father and daughter. The father's story set in the 80's building and empire, and the daughter's in the present trying to save the crumbling business and his father.

eizarus

Banned
Been watching shows like Narcos and El Chapo lately and even though I doubt it will ever happen, I'd love for a GTA game set in the heart of one of the big cocaine cartels.

oni-link

This

Hopefully the game will still launch with a meaty single player component, but my expectations have been tempered

danthefan

I've no interest in GTA online but still enjoyed the hell out of single player. As long as the single player game is there then who cares about the online bit?

Shin

Banned
Cross-gen title with enhanced version for PS5/XB2?
GTA VII to be the real next generation of GTA then :S
Also not surprised by this news GTAV did come out in 2013 or so and they are still cashing in on it till this day (all in all no rush really).

IKizzLE

If its US again, it will prolly be Chicago or Detroit

Gotta be Chicago.

The amount of diversity, segregation, corrupt politicians, gun violence, insane and different weather conditions.

Chicago will be a city that will put Rockstar's graphics technology and writing/storytelling to the test. Plus, with the great lakes right there, there are a ton of outdoor activities that could be implemented there.

deo

Banned
Gotta be Chicago.

The amount of diversity, segregation, corrupt politicians, gun violence, insane and different weather conditions.

Chicago will be a city that will put Rockstar's graphics technology and writing/storytelling to the test. Plus, with the great lakes right there, there are a ton of outdoor activities that could be implemented there.

I'd love that! Maybe they can make GTA's representation of Chicago Carcer City. I miss R*'s dense cities . And theres lots of possibilities.

_Rob_

I'd also really like a proper gritty London based GTA. It's been a long time since they visited the UK, and we're far enough away from The Getaway that it'd feel pretty fresh. Not to mention all of the characteristic movie references R* could make to things like Snatch, Lock Stock, Bond etc.

S2580

Neo Member
I wasn't the biggest fan of Five. And with the direction Rockstar went with GTA Online I've grown even less interested in the game..... But here I am, with the slightest hint of a new GTA, suddenly all excited again! I shouldn't do this to myself!!

Top Bottom