• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

Just make sure you take whatever gets you more. You might have games that are over $25 and EB might pull a fast one on you and only give you 25.

Yeah, I don't think it's about pulling a fast one so much as them not understanding or caring about how to maximize promo value for customers.

I brought in a crapload of games when they were doing one of those "trade 10 get $50 extra credit" deals and had to argue with them about why giving me $20 for 5 games and a trade-3 was actually better value than giving me $50 for the 10 games I'd brought.

"But we're giving you FIFTY DOLLARS!"

Anyone want to split a Harold and Kumar Christmas multi buy with me? Couple of Rogers stores nearby already have the bluray on sale used for 2/$24. Couldn't find a second title that I wanted to buy, but they had two plus copies of H&K, so at $12 plus tax it's such a steal.

The cost to one of you would be $15 shipped anywhere in Canada. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested =) (I'm in Ottawa)

Do they have the 3D version on sale? Also, it is previously viewed?

isny

napkin dispenser
Do they have the 3D version on sale? Also, it is previously viewed?

If you see my post, it says "used" =p

In regards to 3D, AFAIK Rogers doesn't rent 3D BR's. H&K was terrible in 3D anyways, I saw it at a 2D showing and enjoyed it much more than the 3D print.

Also forgot to mention, Loblaws is having a Tax Free Fri/Sat event starting tomorrow. I'm not sure if this is just locally in Ottawa, but I saw the flyer in the store today. (Maybe a good way to pick up Vita games and accessories?)

J-Man

I reviewed the last few pages, and I don't think this has been posted, but I know it's known that the Doomsday bundle of Resistance 3 + Move and stuff is on sale for $79.99, however, I was at Best Buy and they were selling the Mayhem Edition for the same price, which is the same bundle but also includes Killzone 3. (I saw this deal at the Gatineau Best Buy)

I bought it, but I think I'll bring it back because I don't really care to own a move, but it does seem like the best move bundle on sale.

I asked this in the tsilon thread, but I figured I'd get some varied replies in this general thread.

So my fellow money saving canuckleheads, I’m trying to parlay my tsilon.ca free game code which I had intended to use for Mass Effect 3 into getting Mass Effect 3 on origin so I can BF3 pc for free as well.

What are my options? Can I just use the code to order the game from futureshop, and return the copy from Origin when it arrives for full price and it’s as good as done? The only thing I am wondering about is would I be able to return a shipped copy like that, because I wouldn't really have a "bought in store" receipt.

edit: solved with some simple reading on the futureshop website. Neato.

Is the BF3 promo only valid with digital copies of ME3? If not, then it could work. Except that EA will likely send you a US copy of the game and the one you'll get from Future Shop will be bilingual. Thus the UPC's won't match.

Also, you can't exactly get $60+tax back on a game you bought for $0.

If you see my post, it says "used" =p

In regards to 3D, AFAIK Rogers doesn't rent 3D BR's. H&K was terrible in 3D anyways, I saw it at a 2D showing and enjoyed it much more than the 3D print.

Also forgot to mention, Loblaws is having a Tax Free Fri/Sat event starting tomorrow. I'm not sure if this is just locally in Ottawa, but I saw the flyer in the store today. (Maybe a good way to pick up Vita games and accessories?)

Oops, should have read your post more carefully. :p
I actually just want the 3D version for the slipcover, don't even have a 3D TV at the moment. :/

ShaneB

Is the BF3 promo only valid with digital copies of ME3? If not, then it could work. Except that EA will likely send you a US copy of the game and the one you'll get from Future Shop will be bilingual. Thus the UPC's won't match.

Also, you can't exactly get $60+tax back on a game you bought for $0.

Bah, you and your logic! :(

bPod

My 360 Elite just RROD; does anyone know of a local spot to have it repaired?

Warranty expired and I don't want to spend $150+ to Microsoft.

I found online Adrian from fix360guyca.com - seems legit

http://www.fix360guyca.com/

Has anyone used this guy before?

Bad7667

Man that futureshop Vita deal. I wasn't going to get the vita right a way but $20 towards a game and a 4gb memory stick for free, is definitely changing my mind.

EGM92

The T1 for Vita game is there a value it has to be??

Is there a limit for these kinds of things?

Anything that says you can't trade in games with cut UPC's??

suikodan

Two questions:

1- Any URL for the Futureshop/PSVita deal?

2- Anyone knows if Zellers has Rayman Origins for PSVita? I'd pricematch it at Bestbuy.

all praise/thanks to canadian gaf (for making me aware of a gamestop mechanic i probably should've already known about)...

anyway, i just traded in this:

assassin's creed: revelations
alice: madness returns
batman: arkham city
final fantasy xii-2
littlebigplanet 2
resident evil 5 gold
ar tonelico qoga
blazblue: calamity trigger collector's edition
dark souls
skyrim

for this:

PS-Vita-frontal.jpg

plus $60 for taxes/8gb card. & now, the wait till wednesday :) ...

Lothars

Mine only carries like first party, and big third party stuff seemingly weeks after everyone else puts them out.
Hmm, I think it varies, some of the Zellers I've been to have the games day and date with everyone else than others it's the same like your saying a week or so after.

Does anyone know if the Little Deviants that came with the FEB can used for Futureshop's T1 for a Vita game?

I verified this with a friend, and they usually don't take them because there's no bar-code in the back. They are also a bit anal about taking EA games, especially those with US bar codes, because they come from EA employees. YMMV, but chances are very slim.

Proc

If you trade 8 games at ebgames at $8, would you get $200 toward a vita? I'm heading there later today to find out but I'm anxious lol.

Kazerei

Banned
I just spoke with a sales guy and he said basically I can do that when it comes out but it will max out at $100 for the pre-order.

Maybe try another sales guy? I traded in 6 games towards a 3DS preorder last year. It doesn't even make sense for them to make you wait until release. They should want your used games ASAP. *shrugs*

Proc

Maybe try another sales guy? I traded in 6 games towards a 3DS preorder last year. It doesn't even make sense for them to make you wait until release. They should want your used games ASAP. *shrugs*

Well that's a relief. I was worried that he was right. I'm going to go in tonight. Hopefully its a different guy.

Wondening the same thing. Would love to get FIFA or Rayman.

AC Revelations for Lumines would be an amazing trade for me. I'm kind of sick of the AC games after playing through three of the same game with some wack story. Plus, I got it for $39.99 off the E3 deal so it won't feel as bad as trading a $59.99 game

AC Revelations for Lumines would be an amazing trade for me. I'm kind of sick of the AC games after playing through three of the same game with some wack story. Plus, I got it for $39.99 off the E3 deal so it won't feel as bad as trading a $59.99 game

My brother has an itch of buying digital copies of games he own. He bought Mortal Kombat so I'm going to trade mine in. Is Futureshop minimum trade in value $8 or $9?

Oh and completely forgot about Lumines!

What trade in deal are you discussing? I'd love to trade straight 1-to-1 if possible.

Trade 1 for 1 Vita game
Here's the list of possible trade-ins:
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Trading-Post/Trade-in-Games-Promo-Feb-17-23/m-p/349123

Here's the list of Vita games it can be used for:
PS Vita ModNation Racers
PS Vita Hot Shots Golf
PS Vita Ridge Racer
PS Vita Wipeout 2048
PS Vita F1 2011
PS Vita Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Hot Shots and UMvC3 are sold out at most Futureshop Toronto locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom