• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Season 11 |OT| It Stinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth mentioning that the live show was HILARIOUS. Worth picking up whenever it comes out. I don't think I've said, "What the hell?" So many times in a single movie since I saw The Room.

Agreed. Man, everything about Samurai Cop was poorly done.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
They thankfully edited Samurai Cop down a bit even from the VOD version from last year. They cut out the frying pan torture scene (what is she making with all that oil anyways?). the uncut version of the film has a lot of sex, including a sex scene with Z'dar which no one wants to see.

RetroMG

They thankfully edited Samurai Cop down a bit even from the VOD version from last year. They cut out the frying pan torture scene (what is she making with all that oil anyways?). the uncut version of the film has a lot of sex, including a sex scene with Z'dar which no one wants to see.

Okay, I was wondering. I haven't seen the VOD, but it just seemed weird that a movie as over the top as Samurai Cop didn't have more sex in it. Don't get me wrong, what WAS there was horrifying, (Joe's thong will give me nightmares) but I was honestly surprised that there wasn't more.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Never watched any of these but the premise sounds fun. Netflix UK has season 1 of the old stuff from 1988, and now the new season.

Start with the new season or should I watch any of the old stuff?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Never watched any of these but the premise sounds fun. Netflix UK has season 1 of the old stuff from 1988, and now the new season.

Pretty sure the old stuff isn't a season, but a "collection". Bunch of episodes from throughout the series' 10-year original run, if it's the same thing we have on US Netflix. There's some pretty good stuff in there, I'd definitely recommend checking it out so you can get a feel for what the show is. Though whether to watch the old stuff first or the new, I can't really say.

It's not season 1, its 20 episodes, a selection of episodes from the whole series.

Sliver

Hard to say really. Check out Puma Man or Timechasers from the old series, you'll know if it's for you or not,

Saw the pilot a few days ago via Kickstarter and wasn't awfully impressed. I'm still not sold on Baron as Servo and the Mads just aren't doing it for me (and I normally love everything Patton does).

But episode 2 is such an improvement over the "pilot" that I'm hopeful things will continually improve all-around.

Sliver

Saw the pilot a few days ago via Kickstarter and wasn't awfully impressed. I'm still not sold on Baron as Servo and the Mads just aren't doing it for me (and I normally love everything Patton does).

But episode 2 is such an improvement over the "pilot" that I'm hopeful things will continually improve all-around.

Really dislike this certain way he delivers jokes. Says it really fast and mumbly, and emphasizes the last word. Its not constant, but enough to annoy me.

Krowley

I'm watching episode 1 right now...

So far it's hit and miss but I'm becoming optimistic. There are moments where they capture the right vibe and it settles into something resembling the awesomeness of the original show.

I think this first movie was kind of a lackluster choice. It has its moments but it doesn't give them a huge amount to work with.

Getting used to the new robot voices has probably been the biggest hurdle for me. Particularly Servo. There's nothing actually wrong with the voices. They just sound different and I've had to re-calibrate for it.

rec0ded1

Finished up episode 1. Could be that I'm older but jokes felt more rapid fire. Only one robot's voice threw me off a bit
gypsy
. Looking forward to watching the rest.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
Just finished the first pilot and didn't really enjoy it much but all of you kept praising episodes 2 and beyond I don't mind giving these more chances.

There were a handful of good jokes but yeah deliveries and some of the references feel forced and not well linked with the scenes.

The different voices don't really bother me, got used to that quick I just want great jokes and reasons to laugh out loud.

Rifftrax still feels like the true evolution to mst3k but no harm in having this around too, more the merrier.

First episode is rough. Really rough. I hoping it's going to get better but a lot of lines feel really basic. The robots don't bug me that much but I'm still kinda eh , hopefully they grow on me.

Still 13 episodes to go.

zigg

Anyone else notice you can't download this one to your device for offline viewing with the Netflix app?

Wonder why. It can't be for view counts—you can't actually watch files outside the app, so there's nothing stopping Netflix from getting their analytics.

opoth

Banned
Anyone else notice you can't download this one to your device for offline viewing with the Netflix app?

Wonder why. It can't be for view counts—you can't actually watch files outside the app, so there's nothing stopping Netflix from getting their analytics.

Probably to add perceived value to Kickstarter contributors.

There may have also been rights complications based on the movies (downloading vs streaming) that they didn't feel like negotiating, but I mostly lean toward it being something to keep it a feature reserved for those who contributed. (we received digital copies of each episode)

Mathieran

Banned
Watched the first episode and it was funny. The new cast is gonna take some getting used to though. I miss the original Tom Servo, he had a great voice.

I enjoyed the kaiju rap though.

mclem

I wasn't really all that excited after the impressions of episode one here so I just skipped it and went to 2

Loving it so far

Don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the first epsiode, except perhaps the cast still needing to find their rhythm

So far, so good. On episode 3, and it's classic MST3k with...modernization. Which is weird but still good to see.

All that's lacking is Jonah's Space Mutiny or Manos.

Also, it is just me or are the robots/Jonah a lot more active in the theater in this rendition?

Sanjuro

There is nothing wrong with the first episode. It just suffers from what internet folk hate the most. Change.

Also, Joel > Mike.

Also, I HATE TOM SERVO'S NEW VOICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom