• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

RootCause
(02-04-2016, 01:02 PM)
Many thanks to the Hero of Legend for giving me a code. :)
My first, and very own Mew.
minameissteve
(02-04-2016, 01:08 PM)
I'll just hand out my Italian code for anyone interested since it's incompatible with U.S. copies.

E536U8RYUCMK334W

If anyone has a U.S. code left to spare, I'd be incredibly grateful. I have no other way of getting one as I'm currently studying abroad.
Chase17
(02-04-2016, 01:17 PM)
Going to hope I can get my bro to stop at GameStop for me this weekend. My campus is nowhere near a GameStop and I have no car.
linkandzelda
(02-04-2016, 01:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr-Joker

Got my Mew on Tuesday and I have to say it's pretty lame how we UK just get the code printed on a receipt, whereas the US get that cool fancy card. :(

Better that than the shortages the US has had due to distribution of physical cards though.
Last edited by linkandzelda; 02-04-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Ricitor
(02-04-2016, 01:26 PM)

Originally Posted by minameissteve

I'll just hand out my Italian code for anyone interested since it's incompatible with U.S. copies.

E536U8RYUCMK334W

If anyone has a U.S. code left to spare, I'd be incredibly grateful. I have no other way of getting one as I'm currently studying abroad.

You have my heartfelt thanks! Just grabbed the code.
I will still have my family over in Italy attempt to get a code or two and I will share it here if they get.
Caayn
(02-04-2016, 02:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr-Joker

Got my Mew on Tuesday and I have to say it's pretty lame how we UK just get the code printed on a receipt, whereas the US get that cool fancy card. :(

Be glad that they at least have codes. The (only) participating store in my city was out of codes on the second day >.>
steadfast
(02-04-2016, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by BigTnaples

Almost forgot about this. So I just go to my Gamestop and ask the clerk for a Mew Code?

Yes.

Are there any other people abroad with a NA 3ds that don't have access to a Gamestop? I'll be stopping by more Gamestops this weekend and will try to get more codes.
Ahnez
(02-04-2016, 04:22 PM)

Originally Posted by steadfast

Yes.

Are there any other people abroad with a NA 3ds that don't have access to a Gamestop? I'll be stopping by more Gamestops this weekend and will try to get more codes.

Yes, there are

Me, for example :p
Feorax
(02-04-2016, 04:22 PM)

Yes.

I'd really appreciate it. Got a US 3DS in the UK.
Diddy Kong
(02-04-2016, 04:23 PM)
My Gamestop never got them in :( (NA)
fek
(02-04-2016, 04:35 PM)

Yes.

Yes, please! There's no distribution in my country.
Eidjinn
(02-04-2016, 04:45 PM)
Thanks, Hero of Legend!

It was my very first Mew! It's was 16 year wait!
Macka
(02-04-2016, 05:31 PM)

Me :( I'm an Aussie living in the UK with an American 3DS. The region lock is the bane of my existence.
Maintenance
(02-04-2016, 05:32 PM)

Yes.

Yes, me for an example. Would be grateful if you managed to get a code, but no problem if you can't.
PrinnyBomb
(02-04-2016, 07:30 PM)
My GameStop never received the codes, anyone have a spare?
Steeped in a Sea of Games
(02-04-2016, 07:36 PM)
Big props to DR2K, I got my Mew!

Back in the day, I had a Game Genie Mew on my Red file, but missed every opportunity since then to ever get one that I could actually hang on to and transfer from game to game. Been waiting for my chance nearly a decade. This is so awesome!

Thanks again DR2K!
Last edited by Steeped in a Sea of Games; 02-04-2016 at 07:39 PM.
GiantBreadbug
(02-04-2016, 07:38 PM)
I have two spare US codes. PM me and I'll try to get back to you with them in a few hours.

Edit: They've been claimed. If I manage to get anymore I'll let y'all know.
Last edited by GiantBreadbug; 02-04-2016 at 08:21 PM.
minameissteve
(02-04-2016, 08:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Ricitor

You have my heartfelt thanks! Just grabbed the code.
I will still have my family over in Italy attempt to get a code or two and I will share it here if they get.

No problem! I'm glad to hear my visit didn't go to waste. Since I'll be in Rome for the next few months, I may make a few visits to grab the different codes for anyone that needs them.

Yes.

If you have any extra, could you send one my way?
Ragnaros
Banned
(02-04-2016, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by GiantBreadbug

I have two spare US codes. PM me and I'll try to get back to you with them in a few hours.

Big thank you GiantBreadbug
aadiboy
(02-04-2016, 10:48 PM)
If anyone could spare me an extra NA code I would be very grateful!!!
The_White_Rose
(02-04-2016, 10:58 PM)

Yes.

Yes if you can get one. I would be grateful
Galdius
(02-04-2016, 10:59 PM)

Yes.

I would really like one since those codes aren't distributed here in Brazil.
Madao
(02-04-2016, 11:04 PM)

Yes.

i'm in that unfortunate boat. just 1 code will be good to me if it's possible.
Kaleo
(02-04-2016, 11:48 PM)

Yes.

Another Brazilian here, sadly we don't have these codes. I would like one US code, if possible. Thanks in advance for your kindness.
RayearthRob
(02-04-2016, 11:53 PM)

Yes.

Hey, brazilian here. :(
I would love one code too.

Thank you so much!
Elaugaufein
(02-05-2016, 06:32 AM)
They can't have given many of these out in Australia. Hit up another EB store for a friend today (one that usually happily gives multiples) and they ran out last night.
Hegarol
(02-05-2016, 06:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Elaugaufein

They can't have given many of these out in Australia. Hit up another EB store for a friend today (one that usually happily gives multiples) and they ran out last night.

I am soo glad we are past that in Germany. Every Gamestop gets 100-200 codes at first and can always order me. We never ran out of codes with Hoopa so I hope it will be the same with Mew.
chaobreaker
(02-05-2016, 06:55 AM)
If anyone can pass down a NA code to a dude who really can't afford the extravagant Toronto bus fare to get the code that would be greatly appreciated.
JoeM86
(02-05-2016, 06:59 AM)
I still don't understand why places get code cards and don't run a system like GAME here does. They print it on receipts and so they can never run out
El Sabroso
(02-05-2016, 07:04 AM)
i wish mexico had mew distribution but not :(
Tesseract
Banned
(02-05-2016, 07:17 AM)
Has Nintendo ever played with the idea of hiding different Pokemon in different areas of the world, kind of like geocaching
Pokemaniac
(02-05-2016, 07:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Tesseract

Has Nintendo ever played with the idea of hiding different Pokemon in different areas of the world, kind of like geocaching

This is more or less what Pokemon Go is.
RedShift
(02-05-2016, 07:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Tesseract

Isn't that pretty much what Pokemon GO is going to be?

Plus there was that Google Maps April Fools day thing.
KarasuEXE
(02-05-2016, 01:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Galdius

I would really like one since those codes aren't distributed here in Brazil.

Originally Posted by TriForce Hero

No Brazil distribution this time?

Originally Posted by Ezalc

My game is NA, so if anybody would be kind enough to help I'd appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Syntsui

Can't wait for this to come to Brazil!!!! LOL

Originally Posted by RayearthRob

Hey, brazilian here. :(
I would love one code too.

Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Kaleo

Another Brazilian here, sadly we don't have these codes. I would like one US code, if possible. Thanks in advance for your kindness.

For all the brazilians needing a code, I ask you this question:

Originally Posted by KarasuEXE

Para os brasileiros querendo o Mew desse evento da Nintendo: se importariam se talvez fosse um clonado? 👀

Would you mind if it was a maybe cloned Mew?
theexxs
(02-05-2016, 03:03 PM)
It really sucks being left out of events like these. We have no choice but to wait for some kind people to share codes with us.

And to the poster above me, whats the difference between a cloned Pokemon? It's there a way to identify a cloned Pokemon?
Ahnez
(02-05-2016, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by GiantBreadbug

Thanks <3
KarasuEXE
(02-05-2016, 04:42 PM)

Originally Posted by theexxs

And to the poster above me, whats the difference between a cloned Pokemon? It's there a way to identify a cloned Pokemon?

Cloned Pokémon are exact copies of the original. From Bulbapedia:

The cloning glitch in Generation VI works [...] by breaking off a trade between two nearby Nintendo 3DS systems connected via infrared connection. Depending on the timing, the first Pokémon may be cloned, the trade may complete, or the Pokémon will be erased. However, the chance of a Pokémon being erased is small and this method is not known to pose any harm to the player's save data.
Hegarol
(02-05-2016, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by KarasuEXE

Cloned Pokémon are exact copies of the original. From Bulbapedia:

The cloning glitch in Generation VI works [...] by breaking off a trade between two nearby Nintendo 3DS systems connected via infrared connection. Depending on the timing, the first Pokémon may be cloned, the trade may complete, or the Pokémon will be erased. However, the chance of a Pokémon being erased is small and this method is not known to pose any harm to the player's save data.

Which means technically you end up with two clones and not one clone and one original. ;)
Japanmanx3
(02-05-2016, 08:36 PM)
I got two extra US Gamestop Mew Codes. Next two posters that don't already have it get one a piece.
Hansel
(02-05-2016, 08:38 PM)
Me please!
balladofwindfishes
(02-05-2016, 08:38 PM)
May I?
theexxs
(02-05-2016, 08:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Hegarol

Which means technically you end up with two clones and not one clone and one original. ;)

But my question is, have these "cloned" Pokemon been identified as such un official competitions, or there's no way to identify them as clones?
Japanmanx3
(02-05-2016, 08:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Hansel

Me please!

Originally Posted by balladofwindfishes

May I?

Check your PM's.
Hegarol
(02-05-2016, 09:32 PM)

Originally Posted by theexxs

But my question is, have these "cloned" Pokemon been identified as such un official competitions, or there's no way to identify them as clones?

Since the pokemon is not altered in the cloning process, the only way to identify a clone is to know that there is another exact copy.
Hedge
(02-05-2016, 09:35 PM)
Does anyone from EU have an extra code? Can't get them here in Denmark. :(
BlakeofT
(02-05-2016, 09:43 PM)
Quote me if you need a US code.

Not at home so I'll PM you when I get there.

Edit: I only have two extras and they've been claimed.
Last edited by BlakeofT; 02-05-2016 at 09:51 PM.
colinp
(02-05-2016, 09:46 PM)

Originally Posted by BlakeofT

Me! Thanks!
TheOmegaSpartan
(02-05-2016, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by BlakeofT

Me. Por favor.
Hero of Legend
(02-05-2016, 09:52 PM)
I tried to clone Mew, but all I got was this thing:

Poppincaps
(02-05-2016, 10:06 PM)
Pretty excited about this. I have all the Pokemon completely legitly except for the event Pokemon which I Pokegenned a while ago. It's nice that I'll be able to get them all legitly.