• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

paper Mario port to DS in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neomoto

Hmm, would have prefered a new one but since I never played the original I guess it's fine :) Which one should I get GAF? Get the VC one or wait for this?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Neomoto said:
Hmm, would have prefered a new one but since I never played the original I guess it's fine :) Which one should I get GAF? Get the VC one or wait for this?

We haven't even seen the scans yet, how do we know

Neomoto

grandjedi6 said:
We haven't even seen the scans yet, how do we know
No I meant because since it's a port, to go for the game on a big screen or as a portable game? (if the game would be ported correctly)

Neomoto said:
No I meant because since it's a port, to go for the game on a big screen or as a portable game? (if the game would be ported correctly)

You`ll probably end up preferring the original N64/VC version on a TV, I can`t imagine enjoying PM as much on a handheld.

If you have a Wii, get PM right now! One of the best RPGs ever :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I thought it was a new PM game, but a port... I just bought and played it on VC. Oh well, may be good for those who never played it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It would be weird to announce a remake in CoroCoro, since generally game announcements are followed by manga related to that game and it would be strange to remake this game since AFAIK CoroCoro already ran a Paper Mario manga back when it first came out.

Hm.

Might pay some attention to this. Although like I said, I really don't think I'm in a position to care about any games coming out in July.

I'm intrigued. Never did get around to playing the N64 one, so this could be a nice trip back, though I'd rather have a new title than a port on the system. Ah well, seems nice enough anyway.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stumpokapow said:
It would be weird to announce a remake in CoroCoro, since generally game announcements are followed by manga related to that game and it would be strange to remake this game since AFAIK CoroCoro already ran a Paper Mario manga back when it first came out.
I don't see why that would make it strange or weird at all.

The only thing that's strange here is Nintendo putting it on the DS not that long after the VC version launched. A cheap port would not really benefit them, especially in the long run.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jj984jj said:
I don't see why that would make it strange or weird at all.

The only thing that's strange here is Nintendo putting it on the DS not that long after the VC version launched. A cheap port would not really benefit them, especially in the long run.

CoroCoro does not announce games as a rule. When they announce games, it's in union with a Manga series that they are going to run. They announce Pokemon, they run a new Pokemon series. They announce Sonic, they run a new Sonic series. They announce Kirby, they run a new Kirby series.

They've already run a Paper Mario series. Either:
a) They're going to re-run an old series
b) They're going to do ANOTHER Paper Mario series
or
c) They're announcing a game unaccompanied, which is not something they usually do.

Meh, if I wanted to play it portably I'd rather play it on the PSP so the screen resolution wouldn't have to be compromised. I'm not really in the business of buying downgraded versions of games I already own. Too bad the PSP N64 emulator guy seems to have given up, PM actually runs at a pretty decent speed on the PSP but it crashes randomly every few minutes or so.

800px-Port_wine.jpg
?

I'll be flamed for saying that I never really liked Paper Mario.

The battles were pretty fun, I suppose, but the game just felt sooooooooooooo slow.

I wish they'd just release Super Mario RPG on something. Straight port, remake, whatever.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Chris Michael said:
I'm glad it's not an original game, PM2 and SPM were BULLSHIT.

They clearly can't make a better PM so it's good they decided to go the port route. :) :) :) :)

Paper Mario 2 was excellent--just underneath the first in terms of quality.

Haunted

Thread title change to "Paper Mario 64 coming to DS" please.

I was all ready to :O :O :O and kermit .gif around before I read the OP.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Ugh, I can't imagine doing some of the attacks on a D-Pad. They'll probably add touchscreen or microphone-based attacks.
emot-froggonk.gif

Or using, like... the touch screen to select partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom