• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey for the Gods |KS| Survival against giant creatures, PC/PS4/XB1

Double posting, but the game has officially met its main funding goal of $300,000. Time for that first stretch goal: Additional animations, $325,000.

dancingwizardmouse.gif

It's a celebration bitches!

D-Man

I'm glad the game reached its goal! I just backed it for a copy of the PS4 version and I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it manages to reach at least a few of its stretch goals.

SomTervo

They made it!!!

Last night they got $3,000 in one day so it was little wonder.

Fantastic news. Really glad I backed this.

MaLDo

I'm helping out on a third-person game which is being developed in Unity, and is nearing completion. The animations are absolutely seamless and the game rarely has any hitches. The environments are also pretty large.

Can we know what game?

Logash

What does "Choose what platform if stretch goals are reached" mean? I thought the game was definitely coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

EDIT: Oh I see. They made a deal and the console versions are guaranteed now. That's cool so I can put in 25 and choose the PS4 version?

Yep. Seems they haven't actually changed the phrasing on the reward tiers since they realised porting might not take as much work as they thought (they thought they'd need to hire someone else to do it).

Smo21

Just discovered this. Looks really interesting. Not sure if this has been answered but are there only the 5 bosses or with here be other smaller enemies. As far as survival goes will you be hunting smaller prey?

Just discovered this. Looks really interesting. Not sure if this has been answered but are there only the 5 bosses or with here be other smaller enemies. As far as survival goes will you be hunting smaller prey?

The main enemies are the boss monsters, but there are some smaller enemies. The ones shown off most off are these wraith things that can appear and attack you; not sure about hunting smaller prey for survival but honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Also just realised why there's been such an upswing in funding. Not only is the campaign in its final 48 hours and all, but turns out they got Pewdiepie to do a video of him trying out the game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The main enemies are the boss monsters, but there are some smaller enemies. The ones shown off most off are these wraith things that can appear and attack you; not sure about hunting smaller prey for survival but honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Also just realised why there's been such an upswing in funding. Not only is the campaign in its final 48 hours and all, but turns out they got Pewdiepie to do a video of him trying out the game.

Yeah, that was probably a huge coup for them. Glad it's doing well, hopefully the extra funding leads to a solid game in the end.

goonergaz

so I went for the $25 option so I can get it on PS4, if I upgrade to the $50 one that includes the beta will I get the beta on PC then be able to select PS4 version when released?

so I went for the $25 option so I can get it on PS4, if I upgrade to the $50 one that includes the beta will I get the beta on PC then be able to select PS4 version when released?

Double Backer is for Steam only
Double Backer Plus is for all Platforms. (Steam/Windows/Mac, PS4, Xbox One)

goonergaz

Double Backer is for Steam only
Double Backer Plus is for all Platforms. (Steam/Windows/Mac, PS4, Xbox One)

That's not what I'm asking, I want this on PS4, I have the $25 option (backer plus) , however if I upgrade to the $50 option (legion plus) can I get access to the beta on PC and then still get the PS4 version when it comes out?

See the $25 option is 'any format' - but I'd quite like to be in the beta, but that's via steam.

edit - ah, I see the paypal description is a little clearer;

http://www.preyforthegods.com/support_now/

reward_50TIER.jpg

So I woke up to the game nearly crossing 440k. Neat. The orchestal score is pretty much guaranteed then, which given the game's inspiration, feels almost necessary. They've slotted in a stetch goal at 500k for expanded environments and the like, but it looks like additional bosses won't happen. A shame, but I suppose that means they just have to make the main five the best that they can.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's a shame there won't be more bosses in the base game, but you have to give it to them for sticking to what they think is achieveable and not promising something they wouldn't be able to deliver. Hopefully if it's successful there'll be additional bosses added after release.

goonergaz

I assumed due to the paypal site that the targets would remain and so a good chance of hitting those too? If not I guess DLC will come.

465k, nine hours to go. Maintaining this pace should see the expanded environment stretch goal met, even without PayPal being factored in (would be interesting to know what that's at in general). Jacksepticeye has covered the game too, he is hyped as hell about it.

...it only occured to me after watching the boss kill animation again that the 'Prey' in the title is indeed a thematic pun, hence also the stylising of the E into a praying figure.

I know we're not likely to hit the stretch goals for new bosses, but I hope they do them anyway. The wording made it sound like people who didn't back it would pay for them anyway ("free DLC for backers") so I hope they make them as just standard paid DLC.

I know we're not likely to hit the stretch goals for new bosses, but I hope they do them anyway. The wording made it sound like people who didn't back it would pay for them anyway ("free DLC for backers") so I hope they make them as just standard paid DLC.

That's possible. Suppose it'll depend on how much success the game sees - ie, does it make enough in sales to really fund post-release development. Not every game can be Shovel Knight after all.

Top Bottom