• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC performance thread

Sheytan

4770k @ 4.5 ghz
Titan Pascal
32GB

Everything on highest setting, rendering 85%, hdao and fxaa at 4k

The games drops to like 34 fps during intense scenes (the horde attack in the plaza)

Deadly

anyone trying to run below minimum? I've got a friend with a toaster who probably can't run this, but would like to try. Seems like the worst GPU posted in here so far is a 970, lol. Probably will have to wait until tomorrow for open beta, I guess.
I have
i7 4770k
gtx950 2gb

I lowered shadows, texture at high, disabled HBAO, AA is FXAA, 1080p. It runs at like 50-60 fps avg I'd say.

Not necessarily. That's what VSYNC does. If you dip below your monitor's refresh rate, your framerate will be throttled to the next refresh rate your monitor can do reliably to prevent screen tearing.

I shouldn't have said bugged but more or less it shouldn't be on by default. Their in game fps counter was saying I was at 144hz even though I clearly wasn't. It wasn't until i turned it off I could tell what my actual fps was at.

Okay. Starting the game fullscreen@1440p gives me an Unsupported Resolution error on my TV. Starting with the game essentially minimized by pressing the Windows key before the game starts fixes this. No idea why this happens. Needs to be fixed. And haven't got HDR to work again. Odd.
Also it said my NAT was strict. I check it via the Xbox settings and it says Open. Nothings changed here, eh Bungie?

GTX 1080
i7-5820k
16GB DDR4 @ 2133mhz
installed on an SSD

1080p 144hz g-sync (v-sync off) - highest settings but SMAA instead of MSAA.

Getting a very nice framerate, need to turn on an overlay to check what i'm getting, but it's definitely over 60FPS, felt like a good 100+ FPS which isn't surprising with the rig I have.

EDIT: Did a bit of the strike and turned on my frame counter, i was getting an average of about 90-100. Would spike to high 120s and lowest drop i saw was 77.

Thank god for g-sync.

Deepo

Edit: getting some reports that it doesn't work for everyone, so probably not OP material.

How to get 4K res in fullscreen when using scaling on the desktop:

Find the exe in the game directory, right click and select properties, go to compatibility options, and uncheck the checkbox relating to High DPI scaling. Fixed it for me.

FHIZ

7700k, 1080ti, 1440p gsync (vsync off), 16gb ram 3200mhz

I instantly set the game to ultra and was getting an FPS that maxed around 60. Okay, maybe ultra is a little overkill. Went down to high, and I was maxing out my monitor's refresh rate at 144, but the game's internal FPS counter said I was going higher, and it seemed to cap out around 200. I don't think the frame rate remained that high once I got to the fight in the opening mission where you join up with other players, but it was still pretty up there.

A little more screwing around and I was getting 70-80 at 4k in the calmer parts.

The anti aliasing technique is what really effects things it seems. Even on high, I still saw a decent amount of jaggies, but the way everything was moving so smoothly, I hardly cared.

I had this game digitally pre ordered on the PS4 before I set out to build this computer because I figured, hey PS4 exclusive content and all that. But fuck it, this is too good.Playing this after the PS4 beta feels like a completely different game.

MrBS

Maxed settings with no AA and I'm seeing regular dips to 50fps with my 1080ti/7700k at 4K, now to drop a couple settings or reduce the render %, probably go render, no way am I giving up that 3D AO.

Wallach

Here's my pseudo benchmark run on the 1080 Ti / i7-4790k:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sAQskipQLE

Watching the playback it looks like the 60 FPS playback doesn't always play perfectly with the actual framerate. In-game I never saw anything noticeable, and I'm super sensitive to shifts and frame timing. Very pleased with the performance provided it holds in the later areas. Just want some better AA implementation and some remixed audio at this point.

Edit - looks like it actually bottomed out at 77 at a couple points for a moment during the heaviest point blank action. Guessing that low of a min is just Shadowplay's bit of overhead coming into play.

Edit 2 - Here are the default detected settings used in the video (other than VSync which I turned off, and FOV moved up to 90):

i8jT4tz.jpg

JfUroKd.jpg

Chakan

I'm very impressed with this game's optimization. It runs soooo smooth.

Congrats Bungie for achieving this. Honestly I don't see myself playing on console again after testing this game on my PC.

i7 4790K 4Ghz, GTX 970, 16GB, SSD 256GB, Win 10 Pro. 1080P@60fps with everything maxed except AA (I left this option as FXAA).

Deepo

Devs should really start to embed DPI awareness manifests in games. It's not that hard :p

Yeah, that really should be expected by now, since desktop scaling is just going to see more and more use. I just see people asking the question in some of the other Destiny 2 threads, so I thought it would be good info for the OP.

Hopefully they fix it before the release.

ViciousDS

Banned
Nope, thanks for that didn't see there was one that came out last Friday! Should hopefully stabilize performance but since it's a beta I don't mind if it takes them a little to iron out performance, still plays like a dream at the moment.

Edit: nope same performance, latest Mobo bios too so just gotta hope it's smoother for launch

Edit2: dammit, turned off vsync and now I'm getting 100+ easy few if any drops shoulda tried that first. Only problem is framerate is going all the way up to 200fps, any way to put a hard cap frame limit while still having vsync off.

Riva tuner and lock frames to whatever you want

My 1080Ti and 7700k run this game maxed at 1440p/120fps easily locked. The optimization is amazing.

If anyone is wondering why I run 120hz it's because my second monitor is a BenQ XL2420T and it maxes at 120hz. Parity.

Firequake

Neo Member
Protip:

If you get unstable framerate disable v-sync and use borderless fullscreen instead, you won't get imput lag/shuttering
Also do not enable msaa, is bugged

Okay. My final input. HDR DOES work. But you have to have it off in the OS. It works when on in the game and NOT on in the OS (as it should I believe and as it did before the Creators Update). So with 4K@90%, SMAA, HDAO and everything at highest settings I hit 60fps 90% of the time. Not too shabby. Only issue is starting the game in 1440p and I get a resolution error on my TV (starting minimized fixes this). Definitely a controller issue but could easily be my DS4 and DS4Windows which can be a bit unreliable I hear.
I was going to post some pictures but with HDR enabled they always come out black.

Oh and this is with -
1080ti
7700k@4.5ghz
32GB@3000mhz
SSD

Wordstar

Neo Member
The game seriously scales awesomly... and performes realy good on lower tier hardware.
Im currently waiting for my budget gtx 1050 to arrive tommorow and im on a i3 3200mhz

I started the game with my intel onchip graphics just to get a look at the settings menu (wich is pretty detailed in settinga)
Then I started playing the game using the intel onchip graphics card on low settings at 720p. Propably had around 15 fps but it was enough to have a lot of fun shooting down the first enemys.

My impressions are that probably a 750ti could pull of 1080p at low settings

Kambing

Okay. My final input. HDR DOES work. But you have to have it off in the OS. It works when on in the game and NOT on in the OS (as it should I believe and as it did before the Creators Update). So with 4K@90%, SMAA, HDAO and everything at highest settings I hit 60fps 90% of the time. Not too shabby. Only issue is starting the game in 1440p and I get a resolution error on my TV (starting minimized fixes this). Definitely a controller issue but could easily be my DS4 and DS4Windows which can be a bit unreliable I hear.
I was going to post some pictures but with HDR enabled they always come out black.

Oh and this is with -
1080ti
7700k@4.5ghz
32GB@3000mhz
SSD

What about the NVIDIA color space settings, what are yours at to get HDR working? I have mine at limited RGB.

ISee

Some 4k (95% resolution!) gameplay on a single GTX 1080 (mix of medium-high settings).
There are still some drops, here and there. Nothing mindblowing, but noticeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKyr1UudoM&t

1440p runs on ultra settings very well (FXAA), I didn't notice any drops below 60.

I made a quick video in the most demanding part of the mission.

https://streamable.com/bfco5

3570k @ 4.3GHz, GTX 970, 16GB RAM, high preset with 16xAF @ 1080p

a 970 is able to do that? WOW. I'm impressed. The PS4Pro must really be CPU limited.

Korezo

Tried the game in my 4k oled in HDR.

2600k, 980ti 4k was 40-60 in beginning area.

1080p was 100fps+ 90% of the times.

Also tried pad and came out on top lol..

just installed and booted.

I can't even choose a class

what's going on?

It seems to be related to MSI afterburner, i had it closed now and it's working perfectly.

Which is weird since early today when the beta launched i played around 1 hour with Afterburner on and everything worked fine.

jaybe00

Neo Member
How CPU dependent is the game? Any key settings that can be dialled back to make frame rate around 60fps? I've got an i3 2100 and the min spec is i3 3250, both 2 cores and 4 threads although this i3 3250 is a faster clock. Just curious if they left some room with the min requirements. Thanks!

Moldiver

At high I get 110fps, at highest I get 60fps....anyone knows what setting may be causing the drop?

Edit

AA seems to be it.

Top Bottom