• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve starts Team Fortress 2 ARG - [Teaser Comic Unlocked]

Dakota47

That comic was hilarious. I was chuckling throughout. My gf asked why, but it's kinda hard to explain even the concept of an ARG to her.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Whatever you say, Mr President.

Ah this arg is awesome so far. I haven't played TF2 in ages, picked it up again tonight to check out that chinatown inspired map, I loved the look of it.

blamite

Wow, thi sis really making me wish I could actually participate in this ARG in some way. :lol

That comic is so great though, I just love the idea of a scourge of eagles stealing hats and babies.

jgminto

"CURSE YOU DEMON BIRD! I'LL SMOTHER YOU BOTH!"

"I was raised by that eagle as if I was her own. Frail. Helpless I was fed grubs and mice.
Accepted alongside her other children. Kept warm at night, nestled in her feathery breast. And when I was strong enough, brothers...I ate her and all her children."

lol. Valve is so good!

"CURSE YOU DEMON BIRD! I'LL SMOTHER YOU BOTH!"

"I was raised by that eagle as if I was her own. Frail. Helpless I was fed grubs and mice.
Accepted alongside her other children. Kept warm at night, nestled in her feathery breast. And when I was strong enough, brothers...I ate her and all her children."

lol. Valve is so good!

"what is happening" made me lose it a little bit.

Randdalf

Apparently it was crafting those items together that triggered the alert? I don't think crafting it any more will do anything.

The "Smother you both" panel killed me for a while.

So I wonder if we're sort of at the TF2 Endgame. Not that the game will stop so to speak (way too much in hat sales to do that), but this is the final part of the "story," with
Redmond and Blutarch dead
, a final uneasy alliance against the robot invasion. I'd hoped they'd do something like that one day, but I figured it would be against the Announcer finally going rogue.

Xater

So alliance against robots is happening? Maybe it really is some kind of horde mode or at least something cooperative?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Great comic.

2012 may end up being the most awesome year in TF2 history.

Jintor

So someone crafted it and activated it for everybody? Awesome. Goddamnit Valve, why are you so amazing. I forgive you your legal shenannigans until I'm bothered by them again.

Dmax3901

So someone crafted it and activated it for everybody? Awesome. Goddamnit Valve, why are you so amazing. I forgive you your legal shenannigans until I'm bothered by them again.

I decided to check out the IRC chat at the ARG wiki in the few minutes leading up the discovery of the recipe, was pretty exhilirating. Everyone went frantic saying who has what ingredients then someone posted the link to the comic, so we never worked out who actually triggered it.

Dakota47

By the way, I want to compliment Valve with their timing. Due to moving house I haven't been able to play online for the last couple of months. My gaming rig will come online again about the time when this update will be released.

markot

Banned
Well from the comic Grey seems focused on Saxton.

And people were talking about a horde mode type of thing...

That said, 'protecting saxton' just sounds wrong >.> as long as its in a 'dont let him get mad' type of thing.

Top Bottom