• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder, this pic was discovered yesterday:

breach.jpg

Did Edgar Rice Burroughs help with character design?

Arnie

Dark Souls isn't a loot game. There are no variations in stats and weapons can be found in the same exact spot every single playthrough. It's a dungeon crawler and RPG.

When I think of loot games I think more of Torchlight, Borderlands, Diablo.

Aye, admittedly I haven't played Dark Souls, and my knowledge of the 'franchise' is garnered from a 30 minute session with Demon Souls. By loot I meant items that are obtainable and offer character customisation, and in that respect it looks like I was correct judging from the new materials.

lockload

Not zero.

Didnt it say in the contract that its next gen exclusive to xbox 720 for a year?

The contract was revealed as part of court case from what i remember http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/21/activision-bungie-contract-reveals-four-game-plan-code-named-de/

According to the documents, Bungie has agreed to create four "sci-fantasy, action shooter games" in a project code-named "Destiny" (for which Bungie filed trademarks last year). The first will be an Xbox exclusive (360 with the option for its successor) in fall 2013 (versions for other systems would follow one year later) with followup games on Xbox successor, PS3 successor, and PC in 2015, 2017, and 2019. Four DLC expansions, code-named "Comet," are included in the deal, due fall 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020.

Activision wouldn't touch something even remotely similar with a ten-foot pole. Lets not kid ourselves.

In terms of ball breaking challenge and theme.... no, definately not.

In terms of innovative online interactions, i don't see why not. We know the themes of Destiny are more T rated.

Challenge is an open question and honestly, it's one of my biggest concerns about destiny. Halo does a great job of opening up lots of rewarding difficulty paths, mostly through skulls, and meaningful challenge settings. Bungie obviously believes they have a possible massive success here, can they make sure to carve out an area for the fans who loved the challenge of Halo legendary?

to lazy to go through the thread, but it looks like it's exclusive.

It says at the bottom of the material "registered trademark of Microsoft Corp."

Apologize if already pointed out.

Dark Souls isn't a loot game. There are no variations in stats and weapons can be found in the same exact spot every single playthrough. It's a dungeon crawler and RPG.

When I think of loot games I think more of Torchlight, Borderlands, Diablo.

Dark Souls isn't a loot game, but it is a (mostly) open-world game with fully integrated co-op and competitive multiplayer modes, which is I think part of what Bungie is trying to shoot for with Destiny.

Moobabe

Conceptually you might be able to reserve a game and then get whatever platform you want when it comes out.

Not sure how retailers handle this kind of thing though. It's been a long time since I've pre-ordered, and I've never done it with a game that might be cross-gen.

You can just put down deposits on X platform. For something like Skylanders and Disney Infinity people could pre-order X, Y, Z character with no knowledge of what they would be; they just play an order on however many characters they wanted.

sixghost

Aye, admittedly I haven't played Dark Souls, and my knowledge of the 'franchise' is garnered from a 30 minute session with Demon Souls. By loot I meant items that are obtainable and offer character customisation, and in that respect it looks like I was correct judging from the new materials.

Doesn't that describe every single video game these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom