• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

LeBron gets bashed too much, and if he gets a ring, he'll be criticized a lot less which will be nice. Every superstar has asshole qualities, every player in the NBA has weaknesses, it would be nice if people stopped creating fake weaknesses and qualities to hate LeBron, so go Heat.

I do really dislike Wade tho...

you would totally trade al jefferson for wade though

you know it

Vahagn

Lebron is not the "Franchise Player" in Miami?

Honestly, how are you even making this argument right now.

There has never been anything like the Decision in all of basketball history. Ever.

If this was robbery, KG going to the Celtics would be like someone stealing your car. Lebron's decision is Bernie Madoff esque.

LuchaShaq

Banned

There has never been anything like the Decision in all of basketball history. Ever.

If this was robbery, KG going to the Celtics would be like someone stealing your car. Lebron's decision is Bernie Madoff esque.

If you don't want to lose someone to free agency trade them first. You don't own players as much as fans wish they did, he's the only reason anyone has given a shit about the entire state of Ohio in decades. He owed them literally nothing.

No reason for 90% of the media/fans to turn to skip bayless level trolls just because the venue for announcing his choice to leave was hilarious/bad.

Vahagn

If you don't want to lose someone to free agency trade them first. You don't own players, he's the only reason anyone has given a shit about the entire state of Ohio in decades. He owed them literally nothing.

No reason for 90% of the media/fans to turn to skip bayless level trolls just because the venue for announcing his choice to leave was hilarious/bad.

Whoosh, way over your head

Shurs

The Decision (which I've already said was a dick-move) was a mistake.

That doesn't mean that Lebron is not the franchise player in Miami.

SamuraiX-

The list of LeBron's asshole and bitchmade qualities rivals or exceeds that of any player who has ever played in the NBA.

There's really not much more to it than that besides the fact that his game is ugly as all shit and his basketball skills are falsely glorified because of the stats he puts up.

The list of LeBron's asshole and bitchmade qualities rivals or exceeds that of any player who has ever played in the NBA.

There's really not much more to it than that besides the fact that his game is ugly as all shit and his basketball skills are falsely glorified because of the stats he puts up.

How is he more bitchmade or more of an asshole than basically every single superstar in the NBA?

effzee

Yes all those stats he puts up without skill.

Hmmm

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

it's been Wade who has been bitchmade this playoffs..

Vahagn

The Decision (which I've already said was a dick-move) was a mistake.

That doesn't mean that Lebron is not the franchise player in Miami.

The Decision isn't just the television special. It's everything that's part of the decision. The circus, the complete assholery to his coach/teammates/owner/GM,

and the leaving your best-record-in-the-league franchise that you quit on in game 5 of a 2-2 series after promising them a ring, to join the single best player comparable to you in your generation entering your prime

If Magic Left the Lakers to join the Celtics after losing in 1984, or Bird left the Celtics to join the Lakers after losing in 1985. Or Wilt and Russell teamed up. Or Jordan and Drexler teamed up. Or Kobe and Iverson teamed up.

in their prime

That's the only comparable type of situation. And Lebron left his franchise to join Wade's franchise. Say what you want about Lebron being the franchise player because he's better, but he's not the franchise player. That's not how it works. If Bynum puts up better numbers than Kobe next year he won't be the franchise player.

That's still Wade's team and Wade's city. Wade was the franchise player when Shaq came on board, and he's still the franchise player now.

But the real travesty is you comparing KG toiling away in Minny for a decade + with no help and then finally being traded mid-contract to the Celtics in the tail end of his prime to Lebron leaving to join Miami/Wade while entering his prime. There's no comparison.

Lebron hasn't even come close to people like MJ when it comes to being an asshole. And dat dat Skip Bayless level confirmation bias you all show is fucking hilarious. Dude had to put up 2 GOAT performances to get his team in the finals but his stats a "falsely glorified". Bleh.

Anyway gimme Heat in 6.

Vag wtf are you going on about???

Good god man. Lebron has gotten endorsed as the man from everybody from Wade to the Ownership. Let it go dude.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So apparently Utah is the least racist state in the U.S. or something.

i'll be accepting your apologies now.
Can't be racist towards a minority group if you don't have, well, any minorities.

Shurs

But the real travesty is you comparing KG toiling away in Minny for a decade + with no help and then finally being traded mid-contract to the Celtics in the tail end of his prime to Lebron leaving to join Miami/Wade while entering his prime. There's no comparison.

The only reason I brought Garnett up is because KG is now thought of as a winner, thanks to his one chip in 2008. For years before that he was seen, much like Lebron, as someone with a wonderful all-around game who too often deferred to his less talented teammates in the big moments late in the game.

It had nothing to do with how he got to Boston.

The Decision isn't just the television special. It's everything that's part of the decision. The circus, the complete assholery to his coach/teammates/owner/GM,

and the leaving your best-record-in-the-league franchise that you quit on in game 5 of a 2-2 series after promising them a ring, to join the single best player comparable to you in your generation entering your prime

If Magic Left the Lakers to join the Celtics after losing in 1984, or Bird left the Celtics to join the Lakers after losing in 1985. Or Wilt and Russell teamed up. Or Jordan and Drexler teamed up. Or Kobe and Iverson teamed up.

in their prime

That's the only comparable type of situation. And Lebron left his franchise to join Wade's franchise. Say what you want about Lebron being the franchise player because he's better, but he's not the franchise player. That's not how it works. If Bynum puts up better numbers than Kobe next year he won't be the franchise player.

That's still Wade's team and Wade's city. Wade was the franchise player when Shaq came on board, and he's still the franchise player now.

I was going to type out something but

No

Vahagn

The only reason I brought Garnett up is because KG is now thought of as a winner, thanks to his one chip in 2008. For years before that he was seen, much like Lebron, as someone with a wonderful all-around game who too often deferred to his less talented teammates in the big moments late in the game.

It had nothing to do with how he got to Boston.

That's totally true, and people still view him that way. How many "KG is the best power forward ever" conversations do you ever hear?

And yes, being thought of as a winner happens when you win. It's kind of the definition. I've said before and I'll say again, If Bron wins a chip and doesn't have Wade dragging him to one in the Finals like he almost did last year, I'll consider him a winner and a champion.

What Miami fans will do though is think that now that Bron has one ring, he should be fairly compared to the all time greats with 5-6 rings - and there I'll disagree...till he wins 5-6 rings.

What Miami fans will do though is think that now that Bron has one ring, he should be fairly compared to the all time greats with 5-6 rings - and there I'll disagree...till he wins 5-6 rings.

so basically we have to go through five years of this shit with you

great

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
they're using the 2-3-2 format?

Urgh.

The team without HCA should never at any point in the series have more home games than the team with HCA.

A 5 g ame series turns the team without HCA into the team with HCA.

2-2-1-1-1 4ever.

qcf x2

idc if he wins i just enjoy watching him play. what i don't get is why do people seem to revel in another human being's failures. i sure can't be happy watching someone fail at something they put forth so much effort to have the opportunity or w/e. u know what i mean

go thunder

lol, well played.

This is the series the NBA wanted at the start of the year, ..........coincidentally. ;) (sorry, I should try to forget about last night's boxing traveshamockery). It's also a pretty interesting series, so I'm excited to see how it goes down.

As for Lebron, ...if he gets a ring then no, of course it won't stop the criticisms, because he ensured that one ring would not be enough (by, you know, saying so on camera). But at the same time, it'd be nice if it did. What would Heat fans say? Anything that isn't "go Heat" here is met with a string of illogical statements that always, always, always include the word "hater." If that stops, they will spontaneously combust, and that ain't cool.

So. Thunder in 7?

Derrick01

Banned
Thunder in 6.

Worst part about rooting for the Heat to lose is that Bosh doesn't get a ring. I like Bosh.

The rest of those soft flopping whiny douchebag assholes can fuck off though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So basically if Miami steals a gaame in OKC OKC has their backs against the wall while on the road.

If both teams win at home OKC 's back is against he wall for games 6 and 7, while miami's back is against the wall only for game 7.

If both teams steal a game on the road , unless Miami's teal is in game 6, situation is the same as above.

If OKC steams a game in miami and wins games 1 and 2 miami's back is always against the wall after the OKC road win.

The only situation Miami is really at a disadvantage is if they go down 3-0 or 3-1.

My biggest gripe with Bron was his dismissive guarantee of rattling off multiple chips. His CLE teams were good and beat good teams, their failings can be pinned to shit coaching or Bron giving up, I don't really care. It should have showed him how hard winning a chip is, Dallas did a little it seems, it did seem to shut him up a bit and turned Wade into a cliche asshole from an 80s movie.

Shurs

they're using the 2-3-2 format?

Urgh.

The team without HCA should never at any point in the series have more home games than the team with HCA.

A 5 g ame series turns the team without HCA into the team with HCA.

2-2-1-1-1 4ever.

You're acting like this is a new thing.

Top Bottom