• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Cornballer said:
Interesting note from the Sepinwall review: I kind of hope that Gilligan is starting to formulate an ending of some sort (whether that's after four or more seasons). The quality is sky high for this show, and I really want them to end it with us wanting more rather than having the show overstay its welcome and running the premise too thin.

This is my biggest concern, I don't want this show to ever go downhill.
I really hope it all gets planned out and then finishes up on a predetermined schedule. 4-5 seasons would be ideal.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Equus Bellator Apex said:
Well at least Skylar is hotter this season.
you are fucking insane. Her surgeon should be shot

Also, why is everyone hating on Skyler? I don't blame her. Walt was a selfish fuck and keeps trying to hide behind his cancer and his family.
If you fuck up, own up to it. He wants her to be grateful. He needs to take a long look in the mirror and come to terms with why he really did it and start seeing a shrink.

I dug the F*cked bit. That was pretty rad. How else would she say it.

The Cousins still havent grown on me. They are just cheeseball as hell. I hope they die quick.

big_z

xbhaskarx said:
This is my biggest concern, I don't want this show to ever go downhill.
I really hope it all gets planned out and then finishes up on a predetermined schedule. 4-5 seasons would be ideal.

it's been mentioned before from show staff that the show is only intended to be 4-5 seasons max. this season is supposed to be about walts world collapsing to a point of no return. i wouldnt be surprised if season 4 is the last. of course money can change that but lets hope not.

fucking skylar, i wonder if they're setting her up to be killed off. they made jane a bitch before taking her out and skylar is pretty unlikeable right now.

i know people are expecting walt to die in the end of the series but im starting to think they might kill of skylar and walt jr and leave walt alive to live the rest of his shattered life in agony. the baby will go to hank and his wife.

Staccat0 said:
Also, why is everyone hating on Skyler? I don't blame her. Walt was a selfish fuck and keeps trying to hide behind his cancer and his family.

male fans are never rational about these things.. it's always fuck the wife, she never does anything "badass"

Another brilliant episode.

Jesse... ;_;

Skylar was awesome. WTF at you guys calling her a bitch. Walt was acting like a fucking crazy person. She doesn't know what kind of mess he has gotten himself embroiled with and what dangers that could mean for her family. I was rooting for her when she said that awesome as hell line to end the episode.

brianjones said:
male fans are never rational about these things.. it's always fuck the wife, she never does anything "badass"
This is true. It kind of reminds me of The Shield and its fans rooting for Vic "the badass" and whining about his wife (aside from the mediocre acting), while i wanted Claudette to nail his ass to the wall every episode. Neither show is intending for us to root for them as "badass" anti-heroes. They are morally reprehensible and fascinating in their actions, which makes them extremely interesting to watch. This applies to Don Draper as well.

Costanza

Banned
That episode was perfect.

- acting from Cranston/Gunn.. absolutely phenomenal
- love the way the brothers and Tuco and Gus and all that stuff are tied together now. brilliant.
- Poor Jesse :(

btw, holy crap @ the episode title... :lol

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Costanza said:
That episode was perfect.

- acting from Cranston/Gunn.. absolutely phenomenal
- love the way the brothers and Tuco and Gus and all that stuff are tied together now. brilliant.
- Poor Jesse :(

btw, holy crap @ the episode title... :lol

That look he gives at the end of the episode... perfect devastation.

got2bekidding said:
I realize that Walt turned into a bad guy, but that's because he was ignorant. What his mom did was with full comprehension of what the consequences were going to be. One thing is for sure is that Walt Jr. has crappy parents. I don't know, maybe in the end, Walt Jr. won't want to have anything to do with both of them.

You can't exactly be ignorant about the consequences of being a meth cook. Ok, maybe he didn't expect things to turn out this badly but he had to know from the moment he killed that one guy early on, things were going south, and quickly.

Also, I always thought the show was putting the blame on Jesse for the plane crash. Walt is bearing the guilt because Jesse was his responsibility, but it was Jesse's fault for getting the girl screwed up. I mean, wasn't it Jesse's stash that she found? It's not like Walt made Jesse into a junkie. Jesse was already screwed up when they first went into business together. I guess technically the blame could be placed on four people for the crash, the father, the girl, Jesse, and Walt.

From what I remember, Walt found her in the throes of a drug related seizure, and "accelerated" her demise, and did nothing to stop it.

Just something I saw last episode...that axe. Were the cousins planning to bludgeon him to death because that axe was so blunt it wouldn't cut a shit in half.

KingGondo

Banned
This show was good as always, but I'm really ready for things to pick up. Enough home drama, silent sequences with the Cousins, and Jesse calling his dead gf's phone.

I'm sure Gilligan is just setting things up, but none of these episodes have had the sizzle of last season's. The I.F.T. part was great, though. Cold-blooded.

Next episode, I want to see 1) meth cooking hijinks, 2) the return of "Heisenberg" and 3) Hank back in El Paso. I'll be happy then.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Screw Walter. im glad Skylar is striking back at that bastard. Walter basically trapped her and hes playing his son against her. Hes despicable in almost every way culminating in him playing the "good guy" :lol Cannot wait for the moment when Hank finds out about his drug business.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
KingGondo said:
This show was good as always, but I'm really ready for things to pick up. Enough home drama, silent sequences with the Cousins, and Jesse calling his dead gf's phone.

I'm sure Gilligan is just setting things up, but none of these episodes have had the sizzle of last season's. The I.F.T. part was great, though. Cold-blooded.

Next episode, I want to see 1) meth cooking hijinks, 2) the return of "Heisenberg" and 3) Hank back in El Paso. I'll be happy then.
Last season had the benefit of wrapping up an incomplete first season, so the season started off with crazy shit like the Tuco storyline. This season is plotted and paced more traditionally.

I hate when people say it needs to "pick up" though. I enjoy a quiet episode as much as I enjoy an action packed one, and really one doesn't work without the other. If you didn't have the character development leading up the climax moments in the show - it'd be a pretty shit payoff.

Hank reminds me of Vic Mackey. Both bald, big, and law enforcement officers. Only different is Vic is a crook, but Hank was pretty much like Vic when he started to go crazy and beat the living shit out of those guys. :lol

dave is ok

aztek is ok
They should rename this show 'Breaking Bald', in just one episode you have Walt, Hank, the Twins, the biker in the bar, the cop at the beginning, Mike.. probably some more I'm forgetting

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Spotless Mind said:
Another brilliant episode.

Jesse... ;_;

Skylar was awesome. WTF at you guys calling her a bitch. Walt was acting like a fucking crazy person. She doesn't know what kind of mess he has gotten himself embroiled with and what dangers that could mean for her family. I was rooting for her when she said that awesome as hell line to end the episode.

When the show is about Walt overcoming obstacles, and his main obstacle right now is Skylar, why are we supposed to be rooting for her?

KingGondo

Banned
dave is ok said:
Last season had the benefit of wrapping up an incomplete first season, so the season started off with crazy shit like the Tuco storyline. This season is plotted and paced more traditionally.

I hate when people say it needs to "pick up" though. I enjoy a quiet episode as much as I enjoy an action packed one, and really one doesn't work without the other. If you didn't have the character development leading up the climax moments in the show - it'd be a pretty shit payoff.
I'm not saying that the show is too slow, or that it's still not good, but the first two seasons were filled with awesome stuff even outside of the Tuco parts.

Don't mind some downtime or character development, but the show's been on "simmer" for the first 3 eps of season 3-I'm ready for it to start boiling. I'm just waiting for the inevitable return of Walt to "the game."

Old Lace

Prediction about Walt this season:

Am I the only one who thinks that
the dude watching Walter is going to get killed in a case of mistaken identity?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
This show is way too crazy to try and predict how a season will end. As far as the immediate future, I'm guessing
Jesse's stuff will be as good as Walts, however Jesse will still need Walt because he has no connection to Gus (he was too strung out to bother meeting him last season). This means that Gus won't need Walt as badly, however
- which could mean problems.

Also: I really want Walt to start banging the principal.

daw840

Old Lace said:
Prediction about Walt this season:

Am I the only one who thinks that
the dude watching Walter is going to get killed in a case of mistaken identity?

o_O

Never quite thought about that. That is definitely a possibility.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Finally caught last night's episode. Last night's episode was when I really got the Coen Brothers vibe finally and while some parts of the episode came off as pasty and didn't mesh well as an episode, I think the sum of them was supposed to be a set-up for things to come. I don't think Walt is going to divorce Skylar just yet but maybe use this as an outlet to cook more meth while Skylar continues to dive into her affair. I think this season will be about the destruction of his own family and with the series ending with Walt being alive and all of his family dead.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I really think some of you guys just hate women. :lol

Great episode. I loved the shot of Gus' chickens that they snuck in.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
CygnusXS said:
I really think some of you guys just hate women. :lol

Great episode. I loved the shot of Gus' chickens that they snuck in.
Oh yeah that was creepy as shit with the music =/

Great episode.

LOL at the people criticizing Skyler. All she did was fuck Ted. Infidelity pales in comparison to all of the things that Walt has done. The very fact that Walt's not a good guy is why the show is so great.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I love this show.
There are no morally "good" characters (the title is "Breaking Bad" afterall) so not only is it fresh, but it's also really hard to predict.

It definitely has a "No Country for Old Men" vibe to it, in theme, setting, and cinematography. Hell, those 2 cousins are like Chigurh-lite.

No clue what's going to happen, but I kinda hope that Walt Jr. survives all this. Poor kid's parents are lunatics.

WillyFive

dead souls said:
Great episode.

LOL at the people criticizing Skyler. All she did was fuck Ted. Infidelity pales in comparison to all of the things that Walt has done. The very fact that Walt's not a good guy is why the show is so great.

Walter did it to help his family after he was gone.

Skyler did it because she was mad.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Willy105 said:
Walter did it to help his family after he was gone.

Skyler did it because she was mad.

This entire episode was about control, losing it and regaining it.

Walter used passive aggressive assholery to weasel his way back into the house, and ultimately retake control.

Skyler used aggressive aggressive sinnery to make Walter's return to the house the most miserable experience ever... and ultimately make him realize he had no control at all.

WillyFive

OneEightZero said:
This entire episode was about control, losing it and regaining it.

Walter used passive aggressive assholery to weasel his way back into the house, and ultimately retake control.

Skyler used aggressive aggressive sinnery to make Walter's return to the house the most miserable experience ever... and ultimately make him realize he had no control at all.

He did control it. He's back home with his family.

Skyler couldn't control it. And slept with another man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom