• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

CSX

I don't think I'll ever be good enough to block hellsweeps on reaction, that shit is impossible. I fought the same Heihachi in ranked like 15 times in a row last night and I got hit by 99% of his hellsweeps. Feels bad man.

hellsweeps are too fast to be blocked on reaction unless they are doing a big delayed crouch dash into it which no one does. If you're talking about Heihachi's specific hellsweep, even if you get hit by the first kick, you can duck and block the next sweep. However he can mix it up with a mid instead

rulerk1

why does Akuma have a fundsohi but not Heihachi? No chef outfit for Law? The bears? What are these customization lol? Only King can really pull off the dumbs masks tbh
tbh

GrayFoxPL

Can anyone explain what's going when the opponent's bars are crossed out for the first few seconds when accepting a match. Whenever it's crossed out, the player always accepts and it syncs up real quick.

I wish this was the case for every match. 8/10 times people refuse to play for some reason.

Dunno how it is on PC and others but for me crossed out bars mean not possible connection. If crossed out bars don't turn into "live" bars once timer hits 7-6 it'll never connect for me.

GrayFoxPL

Btw. If someone is on PS4 EU add me maybe?

PSN: GrayFoxPL

I finally fought against amazing Akuma who had him really down, 70% of health bar gone with meter, but I had to go and didn't remember his name. Such a shame.

AAK

Can anyone explain what's going when the opponent's bars are crossed out for the first few seconds when accepting a match. Whenever it's crossed out, the player always accepts and it syncs up real quick.

I wish this was the case for every match. 8/10 times people refuse to play for some reason.

I believe it's a bug. Your name was shown on his warm up lobby and he accepted before his name appeared on your warm up lobby.

I know this because I no longer use Player match lobbies. The load times are mind numbing to the point there is no desire to ever touch the mode. If I want to play against someone, I join them in a Party Chat and we try to pair in Quick Match so we can do infinite rematches to save the 2-3 minutes you waste going back and forth between lobby->character-select->synching-screen->loading-screen->match every time. So while we are chatting while waiting to get paired in the warm up lobby I would tell the person on the other side I accepted the match request. On his end he didn't receive it yet, but when my name did appear, I had a cross out on my bars.

MechaX

Ended up having some good matches, even if I got bodied by a Xiao player for most of it, but I do have to wonder:

For what purpose would someone with almost 900 wins still be at a Beginner Rank but still doing Player Matches?

CSX

Ended up having some good matches, even if I got bodied by a Xiao player for most of it, but I do have to wonder:

For what purpose would someone with almost 900 wins still be at a Beginner Rank but still doing Player Matches?

That means the player has never tried Ranked Matches. Only stuck to Player Matches and lobbies

maomaoIYP

Ranked can be stressful I guess, and sometimes you just want to press buttons for a bit before going to bed.

karasu

PfM0nxo.jpg

Moving up. I'm trying to learn Ling now though. Who should I watch to learn a really agressive Ling?

mooncakes

I've been playing Eliza lately and there seems to be a strange occurance where lots of people don't know how to fight her and rage quit. I'm not even a good player, please stay and deathmatch me.

same for me when I play Eliza most of the time.. Its almost always one and done. Every time when I wakeup ex DP to close out the match, they always leave lol

I think I know why I can't play Tekken characters..I need my DPs since I use it as a crutch so much. The players are so aggressive in this game. It keeps them on check while letting me steal a turn.

Jer

Won a silly little con tourney yesterday. Not some huge accomplishment, but nice to see I can still at least win at a casual level in the post Julia era.

Are there any good Leo players to watch, especially aggressive ones, to try to pick some stuff up? Haven't seen her placing that well in tournies, so not sure if there's a top player to follow.

GrayFoxPL

Everyone in the orange ranks runs. No wonder everyone is stuck here. You wait 15 minutes for a match, you win 1 and they run.

15 minutes? Something's wrong, I don't have to wait that long even with 65% "connection lost" tries.

But I hear you. I mostly regret when I score good connection and the match is close, 5 rounds, anyone could win and my opponent doesn't appreciate that we had good connection, small lag and equal level and just runs after 1 match.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also this game has way more "smurfs" or rerankers then Tag2 ever had. Ridiculous amounts. The auto ranking system may have worked in the arcades but not online. Eg. if earlier a reranker would play 4 characters from beginner to, say, vanquisher then switched to new account then the amount of matches from that first account would still be respectable, but now he plays just one character up to that rank and switches to new account because the other 3 characters are too high already.

I've seen such huge number obvious fake accounts on T7 I sometimes wonder if I haven't played the same guy 10 times already on different aliases. "Lars&Bryan3", "Only Alisa2", "LaserSpammer4", keyboard rolls like: "trsdfghjkl" - Shit's everywhere.

sasuke_91

15 minutes? Something's wrong, I don't have to wait that long even with 65% "connection lost" tries.

But I hear you. I mostly regret when I score good connection and the match is close, 5 rounds, anyone could win and my opponent doesn't appreciate that we had good connection, small lag and equal level and just runs after 1 match.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also this game has way more "smurfs" or rerankers then Tag2 ever had. Ridiculous amounts. The auto ranking system may have worked in the arcades but not online. Eg. if earlier a reranker would play 4 characters from beginner to, say, vanquisher then switched to new account then the amount of matches from that first account would still be respectable, but now he plays just one character up to that rank and switches to new account because the other 3 characters are too high already.

I've seen such huge number obvious fake accounts on T7 I sometimes wonder if I haven't played the same guy 10 times already on different aliases. "Lars&Bryan3", "Only Alisa2", "LaserSpammer4", keyboard rolls like: "trsdfghjkl" - Shit's everywhere.

Finding an opponent takes a lot more time the higher your rank. The pool of players gets smaller, so it's only natural.

I haven't run into a single reranker yet I think. I don't get too many rage quitters either. Maybe it's because I play at different times?

GrayFoxPL

Finding an opponent takes a lot more time the higher your rank. The pool of players gets smaller, so it's only natural.

I haven't run into a single reranker yet I think. I don't get too many rage quitters either. Maybe it's because I play at different times?

Is the orange from Warrior or other orange? (Edit. Ahh, no, sorry.) I have 5-6 dudes in Warrior, so not far, but I can find those up to Vanquisher decently quick but that is during day, dunno.

Rerankers. Maybe you just didn't realize but trust me I smell them from across the planet. :D The nicknames reveal the most. Identical playstyles reveal the rest.

I get many rage quitters including the pointless ones that quit during winpose for the sole purpose of game stalling for 3-4 minutes for you. Some kind of last "fuck you". But ragequitters aren't the worst and desyncs of nobody's fault obviously happen in this game. The lag switchers are the trash, so obvious because they turn 4 connection bar to slideshow once they're losing.

How are you doing?

I guess you are pretty far in ranks by now. Stay strong.

GrayFoxPL

Warrior's the first -yellow- rank, not orange.

Speaking of, i got Alisa to warrior today. Huzzah!

You're right, sorry.

Hope to play her soon!

I don't know how people doing but I saw some people setting up rank match to play deathmatch with friends. Maybe just declining matches until they hit the person?

I've been playing Eliza lately and there seems to be a strange occurance where lots of people don't know how to fight her and rage quit. I'm not even a good player, please stay and deathmatch me.
what was a lot of fun was before they hid player characters in ranked everyone just dodged you for playing Eliza...at least now I can get 1 match per person.

Also I'm kinda salty about the lack of online features compared to Tag 2. I killed an Asuka with a chicken to win the match and I wanted to save that replay only to find unlike Tag 2 you can't :(. Also went to check where my Shaheen ranked among other Shaheens but you can't do that like Tag 2.

GrayFoxPL

what was a lot of fun was before they hid player characters in ranked everyone just dodged you for playing Eliza...at least now I can get 1 match per person.

I'd love to play some Elizas. You guys in EU?

Also I'm kinda salty about the lack of online features compared to Tag 2. I killed an Asuka with a chicken to win the match and I wanted to save that replay only to find unlike Tag 2 you can't :(. Also went to check where my Shaheen ranked among other Shaheens but you can't do that like Tag 2.

I can't even confirm an invite from within the game, such an advanced feature that was in since T5dr. Dashboard only invites from outside the game are like - eh?

Private matches aren't private because some dude X from your friends friend list can just jump in uninvited, unless I'm missing something.

I always forget that share records last 15 minutes. But it eats lots of space. I think I have 2 clips for 2 gigs or something.

sasuke_91

Is the orange from Warrior or other orange? (Edit. Ahh, no, sorry.) I have 5-6 dudes in Warrior, so not far, but I can find those up to Vanquisher decently quick but that is during day, dunno.

Rerankers. Maybe you just didn't realize but trust me I smell them from across the planet. :D The nicknames reveal the most. Identical playstyles reveal the rest.

I get many rage quitters including the pointless ones that quit during winpose for the sole purpose of game stalling for 3-4 minutes for you. Some kind of last "fuck you". But ragequitters aren't the worst and desyncs of nobody's fault obviously happen in this game. The lag switchers are the trash, so obvious because they turn 4 connection bar to slideshow once they're losing.

How are you doing?

I guess you are pretty far in ranks by now. Stay strong.

Yeah, desyncs happen, but some people... ugh. I had this guy rage quit on me back in TTT2 and I asked him why he would do that. He said he couldn't handle his emotions and asked me to forgive him (lol). I told him I wouldn't, so he called me a bad sportsman. I memorized his name.
A few months later, same guy. I'm winning, he quits. I play dumb and ask him what happened and he replies with this:

I love Online multiplayer :)

I'm at Usurper at the moment. Don't feel confident enough to make the jump to Vanquisher just yet. Still need to hit practice mode with some characters.
I will try to hit orange ranks soon though. This is a huge accomplishment for me as that's the rank I wanted to reach for quite some time now.

You're right, sorry.

Hope to play her soon!

I don't know how people doing but I saw some people setting up rank match to play deathmatch with friends. Maybe just declining matches until they hit the person?

I think that's how they do that, yeah.

By the way, to you guys who played a lot of ranked in both TTT2 and T7: Do you feel like ranked is easier in T7 (in terms of how good players at certain ranks are) or do you think it's the same?
I think the players play the same way, but T7 being a bit more based on fundamentals and having less bullshit because of the lack of Tag makes it easier to progress. Infinite rematches also do their part.

GrayFoxPL

By the way, to you guys who played a lot of ranked in both TTT2 and T7: Do you feel like ranked is easier in T7 (in terms of how good players at certain ranks are) or do you think it's the same?
I think the players play the same way, but T7 being a bit more based on fundamentals and having less bullshit because of the lack of Tag makes it easier to progress. Infinite rematches also do their part.

Yeah ranked is easier in T7. All those factors you mentioned plus new character factors, I've seen bad players going far with Katarinas just because she's new.

I have also these strange encounters where low rank player plays surprisingly very solid and then I meet high ranker player that's doing crazy noob shit.

Btw. I have no idea how to fight a great, like yours, or even decent Hwoarang. Because he has a armor move that is homing and low crushes you can't use lows or crouch jabs to stop him even in flamingo. Basically kills everything.

sasuke_91

Yeah ranked is easier in T7. All those factors you mentioned plus new character factors, I've seen bad players going far with Katarinas just because she's new.

I have also these strange encounters where low rank player plays surprisingly very solid and then I meet high ranker player that's doing crazy noob shit.

Btw. I have no idea how to fight a great, like yours, or even decent Hwoarang. Because he has a armor move that is homing and low crushes you can't use lows or crouch jabs to stop him even in flamingo. Basically kills everything.

Yeah I've been killed by lots of Akumas who didn't even know how to really play Tekken. New character factor is something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Right flamingo still means death. He has an 8f high that tracks fairly well and leaves him at an advantage on block and on hit. He has a safe launcher, strong mids, just the whole arsenal to kill you + an armor move that is homing and crushes lows (and is only between -10 and -12). In that situation you have to stay patient and wait for an opportunity to step or duck jab, which should also recover fast enough so you can block his armor move.
From left flamingo, he has no move that tracks well except for his armor move. His fastest move is a 12f jab. He's nowhere near as scary in that stance as he was in TTT2, and even there his LFS was weaker than RFS.

Ranked much easier. I got to orange in less than 75 games all the way from the start with Shaheen. I remember in Tag 2 getting out of yellows initially was a pain. I think the fact that the game is less random than Tag 2 helps though. In Tag 2 you could run into some crazy UOP and he would do some stupid shit and get 80% off it. You'd play that person once and then you'd never see him again. In this game even if someone goes ham at worst you're gonna lose like 60% with the wall. The netcode might be worst but for the most part it's way easier to control people(unless they are Sayah)

GrayFoxPL

Yeah I've been killed by lots of Akumas who didn't even know how to really play Tekken. New character factor is something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Right flamingo still means death. He has an 8f high that tracks fairly well and leaves him at an advantage on block and on hit. He has a safe launcher, strong mids, just the whole arsenal to kill you + an armor move that is homing and crushes lows (and is only between -10 and -12). In that situation you have to stay patient and wait for an opportunity to step or duck jab, which should also recover fast enough so you can block his armor move.
From left flamingo, he has no move that tracks well except for his armor move. His fastest move is a 12f jab. He's nowhere near as scary in that stance as he was in TTT2, and even there his LFS was weaker than RFS.

Oh I had no idea his LFS is weaker here. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for all the info.
It's funny because right now I'm way more confident to play against Ling as Kazuya then against Hwoarang with any other character. 180 turn from Tag2. There are many Lings I kill thanks to Kaz's ff+4 that beats her every phoenix option apart of sidestep roll.

AAK

I have 300+ games in ranked and the PS4 lag is a nightmare for me vs Tag2. Trying to play defensive and reacting with movement in T7 is such a blowup in this game especially online. I struggle far more here. Maybe it would be different if I played on PC.

CSX

My crappy "Can't EWGF unless it's 5 bar connection and it's never 5 bar" Kazuya is somehow now a vindicator lmao

Pygrus

I feel like I'm just playing ranked and not really learning anything. I'm just hovering at Grand Master with Leo and I just can't seem to break through. I feel like Leo is all about conditioning your opponent, which I am apparently shit at. I really don't even know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I start getting pressured by people who know good strings and I just can't fit anything in. Then I just end up getting launched by something because I pressed a button and BAM I'm in the corner and half my health is gone.

Ughhhhh pretty tilted right now.

Dereck

This is probably it for me indefinitely, any further would be me just rushing into ranked without having learned more than 60% of the cast to a decent level. I'm satisfied with this right now.

zWdkz1O.png

Rajang

Any keyboard users here?

I actually tried it for fun yesterday because i'm waiting for my new pad to arrive, and it was not that bad actually, well except for the fact that I could hardly move. lol

I swear, every time I get a promotion match on Grand Master I get matched against a god on their smurf account. I've had like 7 of them and I get completely destroyed. Up to this point I've been super cool about not giving a shit about rank and just wanting good matches but for some reason now it's starting to make me salty. Just wanna taste that green once fam

So where TF is the soundtrack on itunes? Are they ignoring it because they still want to sell CEs?

Fuck! I just want to jam at work without having a youtube screen open in my pocket ffs.

So where TF is the soundtrack on itunes? Are they ignoring it because they still want to sell CEs?

Fuck! I just want to jam at work without having a youtube screen open in my pocket ffs.

Fated Retribution and console version don't even have a physical CD yet, and the disc that came with the CE is like 10% of the music in the game. They're dragging their feet on this.

Top Bottom