• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's FY2013 Sales Plans for Major Package Titles

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't have faith in Lost Planet 3. The developer they've contracted has put out nothing but pure garbage.

Bruno MB

x6MwlAN.png

Yeah, it seems a pretty nice result. However, I think a little part of those 300k is for Japan/Asia too (I'd estimate around 50k). Still, nice and it saw shortages like the Wii U SKU in some European countries (we know about UK, but it seems Italy too saw some availability problems).
Any Japan sales now would be the best price release, and thus not included in the platinum chart total. Dunno about elsewhere in Asia, depends on release date I think.

It's down the list at 1.9m. Last quarter it was 1.6m.

Meesh

At least now we know what they expect from MH4 sales. I imagine 2.8m is totally doable.
I'm hoping they exceed their goal and push for a WiiuHD release. I'm probably dreaming at this point but I'd really like a NA version, I bought 6 copies of MHU in total and I'm willing to do it all over again :)

DaBoss

Best releases aren't counted. MH3G's sat at 1.6m for six months now on Capcom's Platinum Chart, rest assurred the sudden 300k increase this quarter is thanks to it's western release.

Oh did not know that, thanks for pointing that out. That makes me happy as hell. Hope this means there is a chance MH4(G) comes to the west.

Also, this interview with a mod at Capcom-Unity done by Club 1kjho talks about sales in the west:
Q: What do you think of sales of Monster Hunter 3U in the west?

A: I think it's off to a good start. Both versions (3DS and Wii U) debuted in the top ten in NA and EU is having shortages from how well it's selling, which is good news, but the real test is the following month. Monster Hunter fan base is strong and those are almost guaranteed sales, it's the first timers that we need to find the things that made us fall in love with the series. These people need to tell their friends so they can tell more friends and so on. The Wii U is still a very new console also and since the 3DS version requires a Wii U to play online, it's a tough sell also but it's going in the right direction.

Best releases aren't counted. MH3G's sat at 1.6m for six months now on Capcom's Platinum Chart, rest assurred the sudden 300k increase this quarter is thanks to it's western release.

So you're saying that by now MH3G has sold over 1.9m + 300k(budget reprint in Japan)?
that would be decent a result to me.

cvxfreak

The Japanese sales for RE:R will be very telling. If they can pull off the type of numbers that NAMCO achieved when porting the Tales games to the PS3, then 1.2m will be easily achievable.

Up to now, when it comes to RE games multiplatform on Nintendo and Sony systems, the PS versions tend to come out ahead. The exception to this rule is the Chronicles series. Still, the RE series is very strong on PS3, stronger than even on the PS2.

If Revelations continues this, then the PS3 version (or combined versions) could hit at least 300K. The big question is how much of an impact RE6 had on the franchise.

I really hope 1.2 million do not buy LP3. Gonna be a lot of disappointed people if they do.I feel so bad for the series with the way they seem to have fucked up 3.

Wii/Wii U - 700k (2 Titles)

Hmmmm.

MH3G and MH3U? Or am I missing something?

Last known MH3G numbers: 195,213
Good catch! And no, you're not missing anything, it should all be MH3G/U. Who knows how Capcom SKU counts.

So between 3DS and Wii U, MH3G/U should be around 2.9m+.

I want to believe, but I don't think that's possible
It's totally possible, but only including digital sales imo.

Top Bottom