• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Can't wait for the Ls on Wednesday.

Still can't decide whether to keep these. I had returned the Solar reds since they were so bright lol.

The iniki's are really cool. My only hesitation with them is how they will age because of the suede. If you're hesitating, keep em! You may end up regretting it later! You can't go wrong on that shoe, it's dope.

Does anyone have a rough idea how many Flyknit Vapormax will be released tomorrow? I can't handle this many Ls in one weekend!
I don't think you should have too much trouble getting them. They're a divisive silhouette, they're available at a ton of stores and they're super expensive, so as long as you're on your game you should be good.

Kal

I don't think you should have too much trouble getting them. They're a divisive silhouette, they're available at a ton of stores and they're super expensive, so as long as you're on your game you should be good.

Thanks - hoping to get the triple blacks! They look amazing!

Thanks - hoping to get the triple blacks! They look amazing!
0mw1I8e.gif

The blacks are probably limited...

I thought you meant the two platinums.

Fjordson

How do the EQTs feel comfort wise compared to Ultraboost?

Are they as hyped as well? They look better to me.
They're definitely gaining a lot of hype. Compared to ultra boosts, it depends. I wouldn't say they're as hyped as like certain collabs or limited releases like triple blacks, but it definitely seems like they're going faster than just regular UB's. Though part of that is Adidas keeping them somewhat limited so far. The white ones that just came out only had 3500 pairs on Adidas US.

Comfort wise they're equal to ultra boosts to me. I like the snug fit uppper on ultra boosts a little more (the EQT is looser because of the separate tongue and non-primeknit sections) but the EQT has more boost and an Ortholite insole so it feels a little better from the bottom. Overall it's great comfort-wise.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Im so upset right now. Bought yeezys online,

Package delivered. left in parcel locker. But i have no key in my box to the parcel locker.

And the shipper didnt use insurance.

Reckoner

Comfy and pretty versatile depending on the CW. What pair are you looking to get?

The M998 DPHO Black/Light Grey. There's also a 997 pair available of an identical cw.

These caught my eye exactly for looking versatile. Between the 997 and 998 which ones do you think are better?

Kal

0mw1I8e.gif

The blacks are probably limited...

I thought you meant the two platinums.

Haha! Yeah took another L on the triple blacks; couldn't get them online and I called up NikeLab in Shoreditch and they said there was a massive queue and limited numbers. Managed to get the Platinum/White tho :)

Acrylic7

Black Vapormax didn't even show up on snkrs app and the OG was only sold out in my size from the literal fucking start as if they didn't even bother to make the shoe in 13 lol. Got the Platinum though.

Today's stats-
2 L's and a w... I guess.

Black Vapormax didn't even show up on snkrs app and the OG was only sold out in my size from the literal fucking start as if they didn't even bother to make the shoe in 13 lol. Got the Platinum though.

Today's stats-
2 L's and a w... I guess.

Did you try for the Masters yesterday? They had 0 size 13s!

soultron

Banned
Vapormax looks so cool but I feel with the way I dress I could never do them justice. Skipping. They've been selling slower than most hyped releases, from what I can tell, so I'm guessing the aggressive midsole is similarly scaring a few people off.

Took double L's today. Somehow managed to find the Kith naked sneakers. They had a 10.5 (im an 11) and damn the large inner brick with the added support felt uncomfortable. They are really dope shoes...couldnt make the purchase.

Then tried to find a pair of the United Arrow City Socks, they only had a 1/2 size up (11.5), and I was floating in them...Sad

mpWG2eil.jpg

Took double L's today. Somehow managed to find the Kith naked sneakers. They had a 10.5 (im an 11) and damn the large inner brick with the added support felt uncomfortable. They are really dope shoes...couldnt make the purchase.

Then tried to find a pair of the United Arrow City Socks, they only had a 1/2 size up (11.5), and I was floating in them...Sad

mpWG2eil.jpg
I definitely get why people may not like the larger support brick in the CS2s. Was really unsure how I'd feel about it until my R2s came... Thankfully, I find them perfectly comfortable after walking around in them. It is almost like it's molded to my foot.

That's unfortunate that you had to take a volunteered L because of it. :/

I definitely get why people may not like the larger support brick in the CS2s. Was really unsure how I'd feel about it until my R2s came... Thankfully, I find them perfectly comfortable after walking around in them. It is almost like it's molded to my foot.

That's unfortunate that you had to take a volunteered L because of it. :/

Thats actually really good to know! Now that I think of it more, it is most likely the added support around the arch of the foot where that brick is, instead of my wide-ish foot actually digging into the brick. So they may actually be totally fine.
But low key, I think i didnt want to spend the 210 euros haha. So it was my subconscious making excuses ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saw a dude here at Costco wearing zebras. Tbh, I don't like how they look in person as in the heel as area, through the clear sole, there was a yellow-looking patch near the heel tab.

I fear that the TW yeezys are gonna have that same problem so olives for me whenever they drop.

Thats actually really good to know! Now that I think of it more, it is most likely the added support around the arch of the foot where that brick is, instead of my wide-ish foot actually digging into the brick. So they may actually be totally fine.
But low key, I think i didnt want to spend the 210 euros haha. So it was my subconscious making excuses ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Hahaha subconscious saving you some cash, definitely. I've seen others saying how they can feel the brick, but I think it's the arch support that they are mistaking for the brick? They definitely felt differently at first before breaking them in a bit, but after wearing them again today, I gotta say they are the most comfortable NMD I've worn.

Saw a dude here at Costco wearing zebras. Tbh, I don't like how they look in person as in the heel as area, through the clear sole, there was a yellow-looking patch near the heel tab.

I fear that the TW yeezys are gonna have that same problem so olives for me whenever they drop.
I think the zebras have slightly yellowish soles by design, part of the reason I wasn't interested myself. The TWs are actually clear, but yeah, they will probably not be as clear over time.

Hundreds on shoes now living on free food samples.

If it makes you feel better, dude was shopping with mom so clearly you come to Costco anyways if ya gotta eat.

I think the zebras have slightly yellowish soles by design, part of the reason I wasn't interested myself. The TWs are actually clear, but yeah, they will probably not be as clear over time.

Yeah, as I didn't really care about them in the first place. Thought in person would look better than the photos but nope, still got that slight yellow sole. I honestly wish the yeezys didn't go with translucent soles for the most part, but sometimes it works though most times, it doesn't really work at all...

I might buy some feebras, you can't tell unless you have a backlight

🤣

I need them Royals. If I strike out, I'm just gonna let price stabilize before I bite the bullet. Hopefully it gets to around 300. That's how much I paid for the Breds in '13 lol.

Adidas NMD Tri Color Stripes Black

Hard to find, yes. But they don't go for too much more in the aftermarket. I've been meaning to cop a pair for myself.

hmm... I'll check the 2 sneaker places near campus tmrw, i doubt it'll have this or the united arrow ones but hey, worth a shot. I'd like one of em but I don't care enough to buy em second hand or whatever, like i said before, I'm not a sneaker head lol

Top Bottom