• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

rpbtz

Thinking about ordering both volumes of the Brigador soundtrack, it's £55 odd including shipping to the UK. I'm concerned about additional import charges though, I was hit with them for Witcher 3 but not Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Is it based on price or the weight of the parcel? I was told I could request having both volumes sent in the same package, but I'm not sure if I should.

It depends on the value of the package. Sometimes you can request a seller to reduce the value written on the package to a lower amount to reduce the risk of having it get caught in customs. Don't know what the maximum import rates before customs are for the UK, though.

Thinking about ordering both volumes of the Brigador soundtrack, it's £55 odd including shipping to the UK. I'm concerned about additional import charges though, I was hit with them for Witcher 3 but not Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Is it based on price or the weight of the parcel? I was told I could request having both volumes sent in the same package, but I'm not sure if I should.

If it is over £15 value it can be processed through customs.

I recently bought something for £15.20 and I paid the 20% VAT and then I got charged £8 handling fee.

Spwn

That sucks, guess once we leave the EU we can look forward to custom charges from everywhere!!1 :(

Hmm, this will be interesting for you guys considering Data Discs releases (at least Altered Beast) among others are often send from Germany.

SugarDave

It depends on the value of the package. Sometimes you can request a seller to reduce the value written on the package to a lower amount to reduce the risk of having it get caught in customs. Don't know what the maximum import rates before customs are for the UK, though.

If it is over £15 value it can be processed through customs.

I recently bought something for £15.20 and I paid the 20% VAT and then I got charged £8 handling fee.

Okay, thanks. I suppose it's just a roll of the dice then. I'll try requesting that they reduce the value if I do end up ordering it.

cptodin

Just fyi that's illegal if you weren't aware.
I had cases in which the label showed less but customs held back the package anyway and I had to present my actual bill and had to pay customs according to that -.-
Which really sucked for the MAVS groupon vinyl tier which was 100$

rpbtz

I had cases in which the label showed less but customs held back the package anyway and I had to present my actual bill and had to pay customs according to that -.-

I know, but many labels do it automatically anyway because it's still better to risk getting caught doing this than losing customers overseas.

hank_tree

If it was groupon then the bill would just be an email, right? You could have just modified it before sending it to customs?

cptodin

If it was groupon then the bill would just be an email, right? You could have just modified it before sending it to customs?

I actually had to print it and physically present it to them. And again yes, I could have done that but that would be highly illegal

rpbtz

Small PSA: If anyone still wants to grab the Sonic Mania limited edition there's a little less than 2 hours left to do so before preorders close. This is only for the limited edition - blue and black versions will still stay up.

I just received Shenmue LP which is my first ever 12"... I don't even have anything to play it on (yet). Anyway, upon unwrapping the thing, I was very disappointed to find that it has a splodge on it which looks burned :( - I am hoping I get a replacement.

Dan-o

It looks like just a color pellet that didn't get fully mixed in. Functionally, it's probably fine... and adds some uniqueness to your copy, but if you don't like it, yeah... ask for a replacement.

rpbtz

Black Screen Records to release VA-11 HALL-A: http://blackscreenrecords.limitedrun.com/products/597476-garoad-va-11-hall-a-official-soundtrack
v600_Va11HALLA_Mockup_Front_Colored_BlackScreen.png

It looks like just a color pellet that didn't get fully mixed in. Functionally, it's probably fine... and adds some uniqueness to your copy, but if you don't like it, yeah... ask for a replacement.

Ok I got a reply from Data-Discs... basically it is a polite version of "deal with it".

Haven't played this game but have listened to the soundtrack quite a bit- sort of scratches that PSO itch. Might have to snag this one.

Ouch, $46 to the states, including shipping. How quickly do Black Screen releases have the amazon pages go up? I remember that Downwell had an amazon listing that was drastically cheaper than their site

Came back from vacation to Ninja Gaiden, Super CVIV, Altered Beast, and Strafe in my garage.

And just today got notifications that my shipment on the SL9 DS vinyls couldn't be delivered. Followed by small refunds equal to the shipping cost. Hm.

LaneDS

Ouch, $46 to the states, including shipping. How quickly do Black Screen releases have the amazon pages go up? I remember that Downwell had an amazon listing that was drastically cheaper than their site

Woof, yeah. Gonna give the soundtrack a few more listens and decide if I $47 want it or not.

Do we know what this sounds like?

Also: Got a shipping notification for Contra from Mondo. Guess those non-SDCC editions were also ready-to-go.
No samples yet but it's a remaster of the original release. Which was awesome. So this will be better! They did the same thing for Mega Man, and the remaster blew the original out of the water.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
This Dark Souls release is so weird. Like, I feel this should have been a bigger... thing.

I'm pretty new to vinyl, and super new to game music vinyl. I would like to get into it, but the prices are too much for me. I'm now looking at ordering Streets of Rage 1 & 2 from Data Discs. The records are 20 and 25 pounds, respectively, and shipping to Finland is 17 pounds. 17 pounds for two records!!! So I'm looking at paying 62 pounds or well over 70 euros for two records (well one of them is a double LP but still). I think this is too much :( I might bite the bullet this time, because I would really, really like to listen to these particular soundtracks on vinyl.

Well, my question is, do you guys know if any shops (preferably in Europe) sell these records for cheaper, or at least with cheaper shipping costs? Or how do you cope with these insane prices? I know I should probably get a job and all :)

rpbtz

Well, my question is, do you guys know if any shops (preferably in Europe) sell these records for cheaper, or at least with cheaper shipping costs? Or how do you cope with these insane prices? I know I should probably get a job and all :)

The records you're seeing right now are brand new represses of SOR 1 & 2, so I'm guessing that you won't see many European stores or distros selling them, yet. They are scheduled to begin shipping in August, so I'm guessing stores like Bleep, Boomkat, Juno and others will stock them by then. I doubt they'll be much cheaper, though.

Might be worth looking for some non-UK distros as UK shipping to mainland Europe often is pretty expensive. Don't know who might be stocking it, though.

The records you're seeing right now are brand new represses of SOR 1 & 2, so I'm guessing that you won't see many European stores or distros selling them, yet. They are scheduled to begin shipping in August, so I'm guessing stores like Bleep, Boomkat, Juno and others will stock them by then. I doubt they'll be much cheaper, though.

Might be worth looking for some non-UK distros as UK shipping to mainland Europe often is pretty expensive. Don't know who might be stocking it, though.

Thanks for the information. I guess part of the problem is that many smaller shops tend to send only tracked packages, which are a lot more expensive than untracked. They probably have their reasons for doing so, but it still feels like I'm paying for nothing.

Vinyl VGM is not for the faint of heart and light of wallet :D

Check:
Juno.co.uk
hhv.de
Amazon.co.uk / .de
discogs german sellers

Atleast Mondo/Deathwaltz (contra, castlevania etc.) records can be bought often at these and avoid customs payments. But usually the cost of the album+shipping is the same as ordering from the source unfortunately.

ds8k

No samples yet but it's a remaster of the original release. Which was awesome. So this will be better! They did the same thing for Mega Man, and the remaster blew the original out of the water.

Can confirm - the Mega Man record they put out sounds fantastic.

I'm seeing them live in a couple weeks. I wonder if they'll have any of these with them...

Can confirm - the Mega Man record they put out sounds fantastic.

I'm seeing them live in a couple weeks. I wonder if they'll have any of these with them...
I'm going on Sunday, though I already preordered the vinyl and CD. Will report back regarding the merch situation.

Meaning... they cancelled your entire order? Did they say why?

Nope, it's showing as in-transit again, so maybe it just shipped late, or my local mail carrier was inconsistent, as usual. Despite SL9's working on their messaging, they've always been really good about delivery.

Top Bottom