• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT2| Unlimited Crowns, Limited Skooma

Gurnlei

One Tamriel and housing are probably my two most hyped updates since launch. Can't wait to play with friends hassle free.

Well I'm pretty much done with this game. As someone who started pretty recently and hasn't achieved max level there is now no natural sense of progression and the game is way, way harder than it was pre-update. What's the one complaint that most people had about Elder Scrolls games of late? Scaling enemies. I get that ESO basically still had scaling enemies they were just scaled to location rather than level, but it still felt a lot better before.

ESO already had tedious quests and now they just take longer no matter your level. There are now more people floating around quest areas which is good, I guess, but it's now pretty obvious that the content was not designed for having 5 people at once running through an area like it is in GW2.

Jeremy

What the hell is this update? I haven't even downloaded it yet or kept up with it but I can't wrap my mind around how it's going to affect the game.

I am gonna go against the grain and say that I like this update. I see other players all the time, so things are more lived in. I like that the enemies aren't all just one-shot kills anymore. I like that I can level anywhere as opposed to only certain places.

lazygecko

Spreading out the playerbase by equalizing the zones is good, but I wonder if that also risks diluting it too much. Maybe it would be a good idea to add extra incentives to specific areas through a weekly rotation or something (unless they already did that).

Spreading out the playerbase by equalizing the zones is good, but I wonder if that also risks diluting it too much. Maybe it would be a good idea to add extra incentives to specific areas through a weekly rotation or something (unless they already did that).

There are 3 different sets that only spawn in a particular zone. Each zone has its own sets.

MattyG

Banned
So how is One Tamriel?

One of my main issues with the game is that no matter how many quests I did, I felt like I was always grinding super hard just to stay properly levelled.

lazygecko

Huh. I ran the launcher to update my game, but the launcher just suddenly decided to... delete itself. Now I have no way of updating my client without flat out reinstalling the entire game :-/. Checked my avast quarantine section as well and it wasn't listed there.

I found one other person with a similar issue on the official forums, and says he figured it out but naturally didn't explain how...

So how is One Tamriel?

One of my main issues with the game is that no matter how many quests I did, I felt like I was always grinding super hard just to stay properly levelled.

The enemies give you more xp and are a bit more difficult to fight. I find it way more fun.

Truant

Read about the changes to the combat system and general TES "feel" changes for the console version in Polygon, and the new Vice podcast.

Are all these upgrades found in the PC version as well? I haven't played since launch week.

lem0n

Do you reckon now is a decent time to dive in? I can get this game on XB1 for quite cheap and I'd sure love to go exploring.

It's weird seeing people talking about how the game is in as good a state as ever, populated, running smoothly etc., and yet there's basically no activity in this thread. :p This one page spanning over a month, even as a major patch that changed a ton of stuff was just released. EDIT: At least it's better than the previous page though!

Same situation as another forum I go to, everyone says ESO is in a good place but there's almost no discussion for some reason.

Anyway I just got the gold edition in the recent Steam sale, I'd like to join the gaf guild if I can, if it's active, I don't know what it takes to do that. I'm @unclesporky, character Khopi.

Volimar

It's weird seeing people talking about how the game is in as good a state as ever, populated, running smoothly etc., and yet there's basically no activity in this thread. :p This one page spanning over a month, even as a major patch that changed a ton of stuff was just released. EDIT: At least it's better than the previous page though!

Same situation as another forum I go to, everyone says ESO is in a good place but there's almost no discussion for some reason.

Anyway I just got the gold edition in the recent Steam sale, I'd like to join the gaf guild if I can, if it's active, I don't know what it takes to do that. I'm @unclesporky, character Khopi.

There's another thread for the consoles, but yeah this is pretty dead. The game itself is seeing activity like I haven't seen in a while. It's a good sign. BTW, I threw a bunch of crafting motifs in the GAF bank if people need em. No extra halloween ones yet though.

lazygecko

Really liking the new Skinchanger sets from the holiday event. Light, medium, and heavy sets all look awesome. I just grinded the hell out of my dual wielding orc sorcerer, which is pretty much modeled after my WoW enhancement shaman, to get it past level 50, then crafted a nice set of medium armor. The whole wolf theme goes along perfectly with the race and class/build. Only problem is I was an idiot and forgot I could also have made the crafted axes part of the second stat bonus set, so I wasted a whole bunch of tempered alloys making them orange quality.

skinchangerkpky9.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I recently made a DW sorc as well, but am only like level 8. I guess I should just keep on following the questing path? I've heard that actually grinding mobs is faster in many situations and I'm not averse to giving that a try.
I've had a hard time really getting into this game but if I can get a character to 20+ I think I might be more inclined to stick with it.

I'm in Ebonheart area if that matters.

I recently made a DW sorc as well, but am only like level 8. I guess I should just keep on following the questing path? I've heard that actually grinding mobs is faster in many situations and I'm not averse to giving that a try.
I've had a hard time really getting into this game but if I can get a character to 20+ I think I might be more inclined to stick with it.

I'm in Ebonheart area if that matters.

EU or NA?

I found that the Ebonheart pact storyline was pretty great. The DLCs are amazing though, especially Wrothgar.

lazygecko

2.7 PTS patch notes

I have been playing actively again for a few weeks now and have been having more fun than ever with the game. The One Tamriel overhaul did exactly what I hoped it would do, not just in opening up the world but more importantly also distributing the playerbase so that there's always other players to find and do stuff with in all of the zones, which solves one of my biggest MMO pet peeves where the playerbase eventually just congregates around the endgame and leaving the leveling content as a wasteland. This is level scaling done right, where its main purpose is to make sure that players can always interact meaningfully with eachother regardless of their progression.

Does anyone know the download size of the PC version?

I decided to give it a go and the download started at 40 GB remaining and it now says there are only 25 GB remaining (meaning I've downloaded 15 GB already), however, it says it's only 8% complete overall which makes no sense if it was really only 40 GB in total.

I haven't been able to find any official info/answers to such a basic question that should be readily available somewhere on the official site.

Dineren

Banned
Does anyone know the download size of the PC version?

I decided to give it a go and the download started at 40 GB remaining and it now says there are only 25 GB remaining (meaning I've downloaded 15 GB already), however, it says it's only 8% complete overall which makes no sense if it was really only 40 GB in total.

I haven't been able to find any official info/answers to such a basic question that should be readily available somewhere on the official site.

I just installed it on Steam the other day and I think it was around 70GB.

Somnia

Maybe someone in here can help me.

I built a new computer last year, but never went back to ESO after I did so. I just recently re-installed it, or tried and can't. I keep getting a "windows firewall blocks javaw.exe" pop up. I've tried reinstalling java, turning off windows firewall, setting permissions for java, etc. and it won't stop happening.

Any ideas?

I use Chrome if that matters at all and am on Windows 10.

So i had an itch to install this game again. I quit a month or so after release before the first content update. I was lvl 37 before and had a good time, but lost interest. I just started a new character and got up to lvl 5. Its still pretty and the mechanics are fairly solid. Just wondering what shape the game is now and if it is deep enough to be worth playing now. Also need to wrap my head around the DLC+sub+Expansion

So i had an itch to install this game again. I quit a month or so after release before the first content update. I was lvl 37 before and had a good time, but lost interest. I just started a new character and got up to lvl 5. Its still pretty and the mechanics are fairly solid. Just wondering what shape the game is now and if it is deep enough to be worth playing now. Also need to wrap my head around the DLC+sub+Expansion

The game is in pretty fantastic shape as far as content goes. The 4 main DLCs in the gold edition are all great, though the Imperial City won't interest you all that much if you hate PvP areas. With the One Tamriel update, the game always seems more populated, as you can see and interact with players of every faction.

I am a subscriber as it gives me access to the extra Argonian dungeons and 4 main DLCs as well as the crafting bag, which is amazing if you are a crafter like me. Other than that, it isnt necessary.

Morrowind is an expansion coming out later this year in the summer and will add a whole new tutorial area as well as a new class and the whole of Vvardenfell. If it is anything like Orsinium it will be an excellent addition to the game. Seriously, if you can only get one DLC, get Orsinium. It has so much to do and is a great story.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There is no guild. There's 3 platforms that the game exists on, each with 2 megaservers so there's no way to set up a single GAF guild.

I just sent out some guild invites to those that requested them for the NA PC server. Feel free to hit me up @XTVengeance if you need anything, as I log on for a bit most days.

Aracarn

If anyone has experience with these two classes, I've been struggling to pick between a Magicka Nightblade and a Magicka Templar. I have both at around level 30, but I'm going to burn out if I keep leveling them both. I've read that the Templar is the more dynamic class towards the end of the game, but I play better with the Nightblade (e.g., I can solo Forgotten Crypts on the Nighblade, but I get killed a lot on my Templar).

Any recommendations on which class is more worthwhile in the long run for solo play?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
will morrowind have its own main story? i played through the existing main story recently and stupidly decided to delete my main character. i'm taking a break right now but i really hope i don't need to play through the main story again. i am hoping morrowind has a new one and i can just play that then ignore the old one.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
will morrowind have its own main story? i played through the existing main story recently and stupidly decided to delete my main character. i'm taking a break right now but i really hope i don't need to play through the main story again. i am hoping morrowind has a new one and i can just play that then ignore the old one.

Yeah you can roll a new character on Morrowind. Or you can roll a new character in any of the factions and just go there.

Top Bottom