• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Ridley327

Am I right that I don't need to have played all the other Final Fantasys? I own quite a few of them, but this will be the first one I intend to finish.

Yeah, X and X-2 are their own thing, although X-2 does have an easy-to-miss allusion to it possibly being a prequel to another game in the series.

GAF hyping me for this shit... Its weird being hyped for a game you've already completed.

Still never played X2 though.

100+ hours of gaming for £20 with the mobility of Vita is just awesome.

fwpx

pBBut5w.png

dibs!

I am so excited for next tuesday. My vita is going to be attached to my palms for weeks.

krossj

Looking forward to playing through FFX again, really enjoyed playing it the first time and I guess I'll give X-2 another try at some point.

Ryne

I loved FFX-2, and will love to play it again in HD.

Man I spent so many hours with that game. Absolutely loved the battle system, best of the series.

Utterly excited to get back to Spira! If I remember I could scan in a promo leaflet from 2002 made by Official Playstation UK Magazine for us to nostalgia over?

This time I going to focus on seeing more of the sidequests, and post game content, which I never really touched at all first time round. Plus....complete X-2, even though I've already watched the ending years ago.

Amneisac

My biggest problem seems to come right down to bass hits... or the bass, in general. Or the lack of bass in general. Hopefully it sounds better with a good sound setup. With bass this weak, I couldn't imagine playing this on Vita.

I think it'd sound better with headphones than most home systems, but we'll see.

Didn't realize this come out next week! Dark souls 2 and Titanfall this week, Next week has final fantasy X HD being release. Does anyone know if this runs 30 fps or 60 fps on ps3?

RPGCrazied

I'm ready! Hope to finish Tales of Symphonia up this week. Nearing the end I think, been awhile.

Can't wait to play these again, been a very long time.

Dinjooh

See, this is an example of a better version than the original. But when they fuck up great tunes like Enemy Attack.. I dunno.. That really sucks :(

Also, they REALLY screwed up People of the North Pole.. Where's my percussion!
I mean, it doesn't sound bad. Quite good, actually. But the original was PERFECT with the drums.

I'm gonna hold judgement on the soundtrack untill I actually play the game. I have this odd hope that most of the changes were for the good. Same with Tidus' face... It looks so bad in the videos i've seen so far, so i'm holding out hope that it'll be tolerable when playing.

Bladelaw

Oh man...the feels just from the topic title. I'm loathe to do it but I think I'm double dipping. I want as many Final Fantasies portable but my wife wants to watch this game.

The real question is will I go through and get everyone's final weapon.

squall211

Oh man...the feels just from the topic title. I'm loathe to do it but I think I'm double dipping. I want as many Final Fantasies portable but my wife wants to watch this game.

The real question is will I go through and get everyone's final weapon.

I never did get Tidus's or Khimari's final weapon. To this day I still don't understand how to get Khimari's. As for Tidus, fuck that shit. Fuck it to hell and back.

huxley00

Good deal, one of the last FF I enjoyed, thats for sure. I don't know though....I could use some advice. I think I'm just done with the whimsical Final Fantasy style. Is this worth replaying if I feel that way? Does the game hold up that well?

I never did get Tidus's or Khimari's final weapon. To this day I still don't understand how to get Khimari's. As for Tidus, fuck that shit. Fuck it to hell and back.

The last time I replayed FFX was about 3 years ago, and I ended up getting everyone's ultimate weapon except Wakka (fuck Blitzball). It was the first time I had ever gotten Lulu's ultimate weapon as well. I dread dat lightning dodge again. x_x Oddly enough, I actually got the weapon for Tidus without too much of a hassle, but I think I was just lucky on that damn chocobo race thing.

Bladelaw

I think I may be a Chocobo savant. Or got really lucky. Either way I needed every bit of power I could find to finish the Arena. I'm not sure I'm going to do that again either. Too many games on the backlog to really deep dive this again, but I'll run through the story anytime.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I've had this pre-ordered for PS3 since last June.

I have waited long enough. I can't wait until next week to get here. FFVII, XII, and X are my three favorites.

Audette

Almost finished getting a platinum trophy in Mgs2 on my Vita, so I changed my FFX/X2 preorder from PS3 to the Vita so I could game on the go.

I am hesitant to follow through with the preorder now as I realize I have no idea how smooth the port of the game is going to be. I'm really worried that it's going to be a stuttering mess of a game on the vita o_O

Hoping soon some media coverage will show up and calm my fears...I'm also hoping I can sell my FFX-2 code hahaha

Yep. It's too bad you can't really abuse it with stuff like Holy or Ultima :/

You can use it with Ultima and get up to 8 casts of it, I think, but the way it scales damage (using half the magic power instead of just halving the final damage) means that each one only does like 15k damage, as opposed to just doublecasting MP Turbo'd ultima for 99,999x2 and no next-turn delay.

SpotAnime

I got the backorder email this morning and am pretty pissed about it. My credit card company sent me a new CC due to the Target fiasco, and when I called Digital River to change my payment source they told me I had to cancel my existing pre-order and re-order it with the new credit card. Oh well, I thought, since it was still up for pre-order on the site.

Yeah, up for pre-order but not really available? I wonder how limited this actually is? Or if they sent out the emails in error, since it's not coming out until next week?

Fixed1979

I got the backorder email this morning and am pretty pissed about it. My credit card company sent me a new CC due to the Target fiasco, and when I called Digital River to change my payment source they told me I had to cancel my existing pre-order and re-order it with the new credit card. Oh well, I thought, since it was still up for pre-order on the site.

Yeah, up for pre-order but not really available? I wonder how limited this actually is? Or if they sent out the emails in error, since it's not coming out until next week?

I doubt if it was an error, they said they were shipping them early. I guess I'm more curious if we're screwed or if there's a chance more will hit the shelves in the next week or so...

Square Enix Members ‏@SQEX_Members_NA 9m
Customers who received a Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD backorder email this morning should please disregard the message. It was sent in error.

September 2011 - FFX HD is announced for the Vita

February 2012 - I buy a Vita at launch because of that announcement

March 2014 - My Vita purchase is finally justified

I really can't wait for this game. Easily one of my all time favourites and to be able to have it on the go is just perfect

September 2011 - FFX HD is announced for the Vita

February 2012 - I buy a Vita at launch because of that announcement

March 2014 - My Vita purchase is finally justified

I really can't wait for this game. Easily one of my all time favourites and to be able to have it on the go is just perfect

It's so weird how long it took for this HD remaster to release. KH 1.5 HD was announced a good bit after FFX HD was announced, and it came out last year.

Top Bottom