• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Gibbs

he's an old man. his masculinity was hurt by my callout. that's what happened.

like, i'm in a super serious situation regarding my mental health and then this shit happens, and all the work that i'd done has simply gone to waste. i KNOW that being a teacher is hard and students will not care about you, but going to a legal ground because of a simple paper is... wow. i simply cannot. i'll probably take some time for myself once the semester is over.

Tell him to go back to "the home" or simply tell him his time has passed.He's living on borrowed time.

All jokes aside, an old man who is a lawyer does this, and now his pride is hurt and is acting like a child? I understand if this student was in his 20s but he is old, so that doesn't give him any right and by the age he is, he should know whats right from wrong.

Could you possibly take a leave of absence sooner than later because of your mental health? I understand you want to wait it out until after but this is something serious. You put work, time, effort into everything, and letting some old guy ruin it is not right. Perhaps he is the type to try and do this to people? He sounds miserable.

Yes being a teacher is not all candy, rainbows, and sunshine, but at the same time, it's supposed to be rewarding, and supposed to be a positive thing. Let him throw legal shit, he has no grounds to stand if you can prove he plagiarized the paper. I mean, sounds like to me he has done this time and time before.

I know your mental health, but don't let some asshole ruin everything. My inbox is open if you need to talk. Remember you did nothing wrong.

WonderzL

Banned
I have a friend who is an english teacher too, and as she has told me many times, some professionals, specially teachers, have to grow a thicker skin. Students, superiors and parents are usually really good to make hell of the job.

don't let it get to you, remember that if he did that, it is most likely because he got really pissed off from you finding it, he will think it twice before doing it next time. Don't get bothered by it.

even if the school doesn't do shit, you did your part, there is not much more you can do without making it your own vendetta (which I don't suggest at all)

I totally agree with you. It's been pretty hard not to try to wear the vengeance hood. I don't want to fight this. I just want him to stop trying to penalise me, because I know if he keeps insisting he is going to court. I just did my job. Fuck.

I need a thicker skin asap.

Edit: anyway thank you. =) I need to chill and just continue to do my job. I can't let anything get in the way of what I chose to be. Of what I love doing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
hey guys, hello, I'm new here although I have been checking thread fairly often since long time ago (long time reader), I decided to stop by and may be have some posts often here. To be honest I've been fairly lonely as I haven't really being in touch with none fellow gay men and I thought may be here I could talk with all of you (In my country that is something more difficult).

Welcome~

DOWN

Banned
I have been baking a single tray of cookies from a mix for 22 minutes and the bag says 9 minutes so what did I do wrong here? They are still like near-liquid?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have been baking a single tray of cookies from a mix for 22 minutes and the bag says 9 minutes so what did I do wrong here? They are still like near-liquid?

Probably didnt do the measurements right and went extra with the liquid

Bladenic

I had a welcome party at work today and it felt nice. It might be a bit job and outstandingly shit pay but fuck it at least I have a job, I'm learning shit, and I can say I work in tv.

My gut didn't appreciate today though, rip.

Gibbs

I baked peanut butter cookies yesterday and they turned out amazing.

Did you measure everything our properly? It also could be your oven dying. Mine did something similar before the heating element went bad.

beril

So, I was bored and lonely tonight and went for beer at the student pub; ran into my crush again and tried to have a very brief conversation with him. And yeah my voice really doesn't work at all in a noisy environment and it was awkward as hell.
But maybe we've had enough small interactions now that it wouldn't be too weird for me to contact him on facebook, so he can tell me he's straight and/or not interested and I can move on.... Never been quite so obsessed on a random guy before.

Gibbs

So, I was bored and lonely tonight and went for beer at the student pub; ran into my crush again and tried to have a very brief conversation with him. And yeah my voice really doesn't work at all in a noisy environment and it was awkward as hell.
But maybe we've had enough small interactions now that it wouldn't be too weird for me to contact him on facebook, so he can tell me he's straight and/or not interested and I can move on.... Never been quite so obsessed on a random guy before.

Definitely contact him on Facebook. You could even explain whats going on with your voice perhaps if you are worried about how awkward it was. All in all, I wish you the best!

Pre-heated?

Pssh thats childs play.
Pre-heating is a must.

wiibomb

Go for it... even if you don't ask directly you can at least get a chance to know him better and may be find out.

Plus, you never know if he could be a potential friend if nothing else comes out.

DOWN

Banned
I preheated the oven which is only a year old and seems hot and didn't have to measure anything because it was a mix requiring an egg and butter stick

So they eventually made it to the end after like 30 minutes

Gibbs

I preheated the oven which is only a year old and seems hot and didn't have to measure anything because it was a mix requiring an egg and butter stick

That's odd, but sometimes the extra wait is worth it haha.

Vazra

Just saw that topic about the LGBT in Persona 5, I am annoyed with this shit. :/

Oddly enough Im surprised no one has done any write up on Nier and Nier Automata positive representation of LGBT characters and gender identity. Not going into spoilers but its basically natural in the game and the characters are not living stereotypes. The game questions quite a few things about it which is rather interesting. I would do a write up but sadly I feel I wouldn't do it proper justice to it.

Oddly enough Im surprised no one has done any write up on Nier and Nier Automata positive representation of LGBT characters and gender identity. Not going into spoilers but its basically natural in the game and the characters are not living stereotypes. The game questions quite a few things about it which is rather interesting. I would do a write up but sadly I feel I wouldn't do it proper justice to it.
Yep. Yoko Taro's casual approach to it is the best.

A gay character is just another character. A transgender character is just another character. They might even be a protagonist! There's no special attention paid to their sexual or gender identities that isn't already paid to the non-queer characters, and whatever narrative impact those characteristics have is just another facet of who the characters are rather than their singularly defining trait.

They're given the same depth and likability and aren't the stereotypical martyr or best friend figures typically portrayed in media, which makes the by-the-numbers gay sex scenes in Mass Effect and the like that create some illusion of inclusion seem utterly pedestrian.

Golnei

Oddly enough Im surprised no one has done any written on Nier and Nier Automata positive representation of LGBT characters and gender identity. Not going into spoilers but its basically natural in the game and the characters are not living stereotypes. The game questions quite a few things about it which is rather interesting. I would do a write up but sadly I feel I wouldn't do it proper justice to it.

What's there is handled well enough, but I'd only say it stands out as a good example of incorporating LGBT characters as a whole against the massively lowered bar of the genre. It does what it set out to well enough, but it doesn't really do too much - its approach should be the standard, not some kind of exception. But that's more of a problem with the industry than with this one game.

Gender as it relates to artificial lifeforms ties in more to the game's depiction of the machines' interpretations of relationships, and is one aspect where they could have gone further on the android side of things - what gender identity means to these artificial lifeforms created in the image of mankind is left unstated, while we do see the effects of the machines replicating human gender identities and relationship structures.

A transgender character is just another character. They might even be a protagonist! There's no special attention paid to their sexual or gender identities that isn't already paid to the non-queer characters, and whatever narrative impact those characteristics have is just another facet of who the characters are rather than their singularly defining trait.

I'm hesitant to be too enthusiastic about all of his work; in particular the treatment of Kaine is still something I'm divided on. While she's quite well-written for the most part and a character I do quite like, her fetishisation undermines her portrayal considerably, with the half-hearted justification of her costume ranking next to Quiet's. And while the costume can be ignored in the game itself, the needlessly eroticised aspects of her depiction in supplemental media (the corpsefucking and post-murder-spree masturbation ones, in particular) do the exact opposite of normalising her.

Vazra

Yep. Yoko Taro's casual approach to it is the best.

A gay character is just another character. A transgender character is just another character. They might even be a protagonist! There's no special attention paid to their sexual or gender identities that isn't already paid to the non-queer characters, and whatever narrative impact those characteristics have is just another facet of who the characters are rather than their singularly defining trait.

They're given the same depth and likability and aren't the stereotypical martyr or best friend figures typically portrayed in media, which makes the by-the-numbers gay sex scenes in Mass Effect and the like that create some illusion of inclusion seem utterly pedestrian.

The funny thing is that even some characters actually make an approach to talk about gender identity but its more in a curious way than actually trashing it. Some characters identifying as male but have a female voice plus many other subtle things that may go over the head of people if they dont look for those things.

did you close the oven door? unless you made one giant cookie which probably why it took that long ;P

Bladenic

Is this a frat fraternity or a business/whatever fraternity?

Cuz I can't see how/why an actual fraternity would ask a fresh pledge to design T-shirts.

beril

So yea my crush was straight; but he was very nice about it. A bit disappointed obviously but mostly relieved that I can stop being a crazy stalker person now

Gisele

Banned
I designed our sorority shirt back in 2010. To be fair, I introduced myself to them as an artist and had loads of my sketches illustrations pinned up on my wall.

It's fun seeing your friends in something you've made.

Bladenic

down post a pic of your cookies

Oh, well, that's cool too~ are you like an assistant or cameraman or

gurl do not let them haze you

I work in promotions. I actually put the CW promos together too. It takes like 3 seconds since it's stuff CW gives us but still it's cool.

Symphonia

Banned
So I'm now officially in my first gay relationship. He's pretty awesome. Exactly like me personality-wise, only hotter. He's a few years younger than me, though, which bothers some in his family - but fuck them, right?

I received an invitation from the Governor of Victoria to attend the reception at her official residence for IDAHOBIT, the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia.

The invitation is for a guest as well so I'll be taking my dad, and he's happy with that. :)

The Governor is the non-elected (official, technical) head of state, appointed by the Queen on the advice of the Premier who is (basically) the elected one.

beril

So I'm now officially in my first gay relationship. He's pretty awesome. Exactly like me personality-wise, only hotter. He's a few years younger than me, though, which bothers some in his family - but fuck them, right?

Congrats!
If it's just a few years it seems weird that it'd bother anyone, unless he's really young.

Vazduh

Congrats, Symphonia!

Pics?

So yea my crush was straight; but he was very nice about it. A bit disappointed obviously but mostly relieved that I can stop being a crazy stalker person now

That really sucks. But at least you can move on now.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah there's nothing weird about tha t
, I tell myself as I keep lusting over 21 year-olds while into my thirties
Ah, well, if I'm going to Hell, at least I can find comfort in knowing I'm going to Hell for finding myself a hot slab of twinky ass.

Crayons

Banned
gurl do not let them haze you

i want them to :(

I designed our sorority shirt back in 2010. To be fair, I introduced myself to them as an artist and had loads of my sketches illustrations pinned up on my wall.

It's fun seeing your friends in something you've made.

I'm looking forward to designing it. I just think its funny how they all decided that I would be the best guy to make it

Congrats!

Kevyt

I received an invitation from the Governor of Victoria to attend the reception at her official residence for IDAHOBIT, the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia.

The invitation is for a guest as well so I'll be taking my dad, and he's happy with that. :)

The Governor is the non-elected (official, technical) head of state, appointed by the Queen on the advice of the Premier who is (basically) the elected one.

Yay, congratulations! Taking your dad with you is very sweet. I'm sure he's very supportive and very proud of you and the work you have done for your community. :D

DOWN

Banned
I'll take a pic of the cookies when I get back home. They taste meh but I can't cook so whatever. I did it just so I could eat a few scoops of the raw dough at the beginning anyway

------

My boyfriend is 7 years older than me. He's 31 and I'm 24. Started dating when I was 22 and he was 29.

wiibomb

of all the polemic topics I've seen, the age is not one I have really talked...

which would be limit for you on the age of your partner?

Messiek

Hey everyone,
With Zelda, Horizon and now Persona, that's all I've been doing lately.
It's been a while, how are you doing? :)
giphy.gif

(My intro in case some of you don't remember me )

Top Bottom