• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go grey early or go bald late

Arulan

0h6vkTv.gif

massoluk

Banned
Seriously, it was my dream to grow up and have that sexy grey hair.

Like my peers and family freaked out at a single white hair, I'm like "COOL"

Don't understand why people are choosing grey hair.
If you choose going bald you have a full head of hair until you are 50. Sounds like a way better choice to me.

But again, I'd rather go grey early and keep my hair entirely over knowing that I only have 50 years worth of hair.

So for me, grey forever sounds even better.

I got my first grey hair when I was 17, now mid 30s I'm very grey and my hair has been slowly thinning for the past 10 years or so. By the time I'm 50 I'm gonna look like Larry David.

Azzurri

Don't understand why people are choosing grey hair.
If you choose going bald you have a full head of hair until you are 50. Sounds like a way better choice to me.

But gray hair looks good, especially if you have a full head of it. Even at 50+ if you're a good looking man with gray hair, you still can pull women in there late 20's on.

who gives a shit its just hair. I've had a shaved head and I'm now greying both are whatever. I'm planning on rocking a shaved head in a few years again anyways.

Ive had grey hair all my life, so thats fine. But theres no quick fix for balding. As someone going through that right now, I'd kill to have my afro back. Even with grey hair.

Not sure if you can tell from my profile pic, but I've already got a natural skunk stripe expanding. Got my first gray at 13. And no, it doesn't dye well at all.

I obviously would rather take the sexy silver fox look in my 30s, since I've already embraced it. But tbh bald isn't really a bad look either, I've been bald before (by choice) and it was kind of different but fun.

I feel like the important thing is just to embrace whatever you have going on. If you're thinning real bad or balding on top, fuck it, just buzz it off, rock the chrome dome.

Bald is not getting enough love. It's ironic too because most men go bald before or rather than going grey. The majority of men in general go bald. I guess people want what they don't have. I say you be who are and make it work. Confidence trumps hair color and volume. I've been going bald since I was a teenager. Not ideal at the time but it happens. I know can't even imagine having hair. I've built such a good reputation with my look than I'm far too attached. Bald dudes are superior anyways. They can't be bothers by trivial things such as hair brushes.

Grug

My hair is thinning considerably at 36 and apart from having to take extra care with sun protection, I could not care in the absolute slightest.

kevin1025

Banned
I'd rather go grey. I currently have a few greys on the very edges, and I'm also going bald (only at the top back... for now...), and I'm not 30 for another few months. There's no hope for me.

Linkark07

Banned
Grey without a doubt. I don't mind that at all. Going bald... well, that is something I'm afraid might happen to me in the future.

At 40, my beard is 60% grey. I also have a full head of thick, luxurious hair... that I have to shave every week. Hair is so god-damned annoying. I get hot here in Atlanta. I originally shaved my head to show solidarity with my mother who had leukemia. I never grew it back. The minute you feel the wind on your scalp, it's over.

No brainer... I don't mind the grey, but if I didn't have to shave my head, I'd take the perma-color. I assume my beard wouldn't go bald, right? I require the beard to give the illusion that I have a chin.

I've already got an incredible amount of greys. They sort of came all of a sudden in my mid 20s. I was dyeing it 5 years back, but it really felt wrong and stupid to hide it. It was a pointless fight anyway, and I hated feeling so vain.

Now I don't give a fuck, and oh well. Although this gets easier too, because that's the natural feeling of getting older anyway.

fleck0

Unless you go bald early with that sleek grey hair this is a pretty obvious choice. Up your 'Would you Rather' game OP.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
this is a no brainer. i would have rather gone grey in the second grade than balding. alopecia is a bitch

Top Bottom