• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chille

Holy shit, the meg ryan outfit from fanfest and Yuna.
I look forward to NA fanfest, havent been in america for 5 years.

katagai

They better sell that zantetsuken emote in the cash shop, because no way in hell am I paying $130+ for an Odin statue just to get it.

Squishy3

HA HA HA HA
i'm on discord with my group and we all did the laugh as it showed up

Anyone know how to obtain the red Fenrir mount? Seen a dude walk around with it earlier.
You might have seen someone with the dark knight mount is the only thing I could guess

COd8GBVVAAA0stR.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They better sell that zantetsuken emote in the cash shop, because no way in hell am I paying $130+ for an Odin statue just to get it.

Not happening, they went out of their way at some point to say that merchandise tie-ins will stay limited to that.

Alright thanks! I do want that Tidus outfit. Will I get anything in-game for buying that $130 statue?

Zantetsuken emote

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Be ready to never have it then. None of the other exclusive stuff tied to physical items is on the cash shop.

Allard

That unofficial translation seem to say platoons would be useable in dungeons as a type of content, 1 player, 3 platoon mates, and if you can have at least 8 at a time that should make for some nice side/vanity content while waiting on other content (Wonder how bad the instance servers are going to be with tons of people soloing in there to level...). I wonder if they will be like retainer in the sense we can create them like a new character or if we 'recruit' them and they will already exist out in the wild. I kinda hope its the later or a mix of both.

I just read a few hours ago that wow went through 14 months of basically no content patches. I think back to 3.0 to 3.1 and getting bummed, how on earth did people stuck through that while paying every month.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I just read a few hours ago that wow went through 14 months of basically no content patches. I think back to 3.0 to 3.1 and getting bummed, how on earth did people stuck through that while paying every month.

They did not, they unsubbed and went to play other games.

So silly question but what would be the best way to learn the story of the game? I always skipped cutscenes and text because of a few silly reasons but a friend always wants to talk about it and I barely know what is going on 80% of the time.

New 235 gear?
Ohwelluhhhh
NEW TOMES?
OH SHIT.

New tomes, aka, do the same thing you were already doing but with a new tome name

Don't quote me cause i've only heard this from friends, but WoW basically gets all the content we get from x.0 to x.5 (imagine 3.0 to 3.5 all being one update) at the start. Also heard that because it all comes out at once, it's all made to be relevant unlike FFXIV patches pushing stuff into the realm of irrelevancy

Auto attack change is pretty big and I'm so happy for it. Just gotta make sure to make mechanics that take that in consideration.

That said, now I miss old BRD more than ever.

Ataxia

Does that mean we'd have to deselect bosses during gazes and stuff? Like in Thordan. Though I suppose auto-attacks wouldn't matter there. It's just a matter of looking away

I dunno. Targeting is clumsy with a controller, IMO. I don't wanna have to fight that in the middle of a trial because of some mechanic

Guess Who

Banned
Auto attack change is pretty big and I'm so happy for it. Just gotta make sure to make mechanics that take that in consideration.

That said, now I miss old BRD more than ever.

Yeah, my reaction to that news was basically "I am a level 60 bard and what the fuck is an autoattack"

Does that mean we'd have to deselect bosses during gazes and stuff? Like in Thordan. Though I suppose auto-attacks wouldn't matter there. It's just a matter of looking away

I dunno. Targeting is clumsy with a controller, IMO. I don't wanna have to fight that in the middle of a trial because of some mechanic

Won't affect gaze-like mechanics, but it would affect stuff like Blighted Bouquet in T6.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Rising 2014: "Thank you for playing - Naoki Yoshida"
Rising 2015: "Welcome to the dev office!"
Rising 2016:
History revisionism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom