• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Turok 2 canned, layoffs?

Zoe said:
So what's a good "healthy" tea? I know green tea is one, but the taste doesn't really impress me.

Have you only had the packets? That stuff is bitter and nasty. For some reason most of the green tea I've had in the US is bitter.

The best tea I've had is traditional persian tea. With those little sugar rock things. Mmmmm...

Yes Boss!

Zoe said:
So what's a good "healthy" tea? I know green tea is one, but the taste doesn't really impress me.

Probably the vegetal green senchas from japan. There is one with puffed rice that is extra tasty.

Personally, I prefer the chinese greens since they aren't as grassy. Anything above that (including oolong) is either semi-fermented or fully fermented and anywhere between 5 and 15 times the caffeine of unfermented green. White is unfermented but you gotta be on your toes with steep times on that one otherwise it becomes bitter quick-like.

And, it should be said that most teas have trace effects of pesticides. Organic is starting to get out but there aren't that many estates in India or China that grow like that. I'm not sure how Japan grows their leaf but with the quantity they put out they must be using some type of pest control.

Always better to buy loose leaf as you can verify the quality. What you get in a teabag is called the fannings...literally the small particulate leave parts that drop away from the larger leaves.

For blacks, Russian Caravan and Lapsang Souchong are two of my favorites.

FightyF

Banned
I just got laid off 3 minutes ago. :lol

Not in the gaming industry, small oil/gas services company. But now I can focus on making XNA games.

BTW I hate tea I will not be joining you guys in your tea party. Tea parties of the Boston variety I'm down with, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zoe said:

Health scale:
White > green > oolong > black

Those are the four main types available in the west. Anything like "Breakfast Tea", "Earl Grey", etc are black tea blends.

White tea has less caffeine than green and more of most of the good stuff, and white/green have more of virtually everything than oolong/black. In case you ever somehow stumble upon yellow team, it comes after white and before green.

Herbal infusions often have health benefits but they vary wildly.

bengraven

I truly and honestly hope with all my heart they will find work in other companies.

Edit: there was no need for anything else other than what I said above. Best of luck all of you.

The whole chai thing is funny, since chai just means "tea" in many other languages. Like in Croatian tea is čaj, pronounced "chai". But in English it refers to a specific kind of Indian tea preparation. I guess it originally comes from the Chinese term since they were said to have been the first ones to make tea.

Mash said:
The British method of making tea is you stir the tea bag around really fast with whatever teapsoon you can find, and then when you get fed up of that you just squidge it against the side of the cup and lob it in the bin.
I like how this sentence gets increasingly British.

Yes Boss!

jetpacks was yes said:
The whole chai thing is funny, since chai just means "tea" in many other languages. Like in Croatian tea is čaj, pronounced "chai". But in English it refers to a specific kind of Indian tea preparation. I guess it originally comes from the Chinese term since they were said to have been the first ones to make tea.

Stranger still, is that a lot of folks somehow associate to an herbal tea. I usually associate to a black robust tea. I'll often mix Assam and a chai black tea mixture to mellow out the spice. Needless to say, chai should always be drunk with milk.

Also, tea tastes better with dairy that has less milk fat. Half-and-half is out entirely. Whole works (4%) but a lowfat (2%) works best.

ultim8p00

Banned
Well this fucking sucks. I liked the new Turok game and I didn't even know there was a sequel. Good luck to them.

Also, I really don't understand the dicks that say something like "Good riddance, I don't want to play shit" etc. Someone is loosing their source of income and all you care about is your gaming preferences?

On topic: Does tea increase stomach acidity?

Raistlin

Yes Boss! said:
Stranger still, is that a lot of folks somehow associate to an herbal tea.

I admittedly do that as well. An herbal 'tea' is technically any sort of infusion that actually does not contain leaves from a tea bush. It's basically an anti-tea.

I think a lot of people make the mistake either because they don't really know what's inside many 'teas' (especially if using a bag), or because they simply learned this incorrect terminology. Making matters worse, many reputable tea companies name and advertise such things using incorrect colloquialisms. They call herbal infusions teas all the time. Similarly, they call actual teas herbal. For example, I have some Yogi Chamomile that named Chamomile Tea. It's only ingredient? Organic Chamomile flower.

Basically, most people consider a tea to be herbal if some of the main flavor components are non-tea; herbal, spice, etc. It's wrong, but the industry isn't helping matters.

maryanneshearer_wideweb_470x330_0.jpg

This is my local tea shop, T2. I don't know if its an international brand of any size, but here in Melbourne, they make about 40 varieties of black, green, iced teas. Their orange pekoe is sublime, red-green vanilla is perfect for the afternoon. They also do a lapchang souchong, and bauble tea drops.

I hate FPS games and I really liked Turok. It exhudes class and calm, and I use the.. second area..(I think) as an example of everything coming together for game design students.

NotWii

Banned
Quantum Paradox?!
Turok 2 was released for the N64 ages ago, how can you cancel something that was already finished?!

marwan said:
Turok 2 canned? i guess the economy crisis is good for something! :lol

Not only did you not read the thread, but you didn't check to see whether your dumb snipe had already been used - and its poster banned.

Yagharek

Really, whats the sense in posting something like "good- I hated game x" in a thread like this? The point of it is not that the games were good/bad or you liked them. The point is that people lose jobs. The fact there are so many of these threads would have to be a bit of a worry for people in the industry, and I'm glad Im not in their position.

Dever

Banned
Shit, I liked the Turok demo. My condolences to everyone who lost their job. The games industry needs more dinosaurs!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
EschatonDX said:
CHAI MOTHERFUCKER

DO YOU DRINK IT

/samjackson
"What?"

I like all sorts of teas, but still enjoy simple black tea with milk and sugar the most. Can be any cheap sort, really, as long as it's black tea. Never had a bad black tea. Black tea.

Edit: Oh, and black tea with citrus and sugar is also nice. Just don't put milk in there, that looks disgusting.

Top Bottom