• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

RK128

Checked with some mods, and ... you know, new news...

latest

RK128

people are starting to post about the easter egg...

Some people will be able to make the connection.

I saw that post too :(. The surprise will be ruined.....but hopefully no one gets banned from discussing the easter egg in the thread; people likely don't know an embargo is on that information.

people are starting to post about the easter egg...

Some people will be able to make the connection.

Even people trying g to put it under spoiler tags which still makes it super obvious crash is in u4 for anyone who can put 2 and 2 together . Lol

Unless someone thinks Crash might be in doom

The thing is even if I ''figured'' that it was a real spoiler I would have been spoiled by figuring it out! The whole thing is implying at it.

Sorry, my friend. I thought the voice actor thing was threadworthy and did my best to not mention anything that would incite discussion of the easter egg in my OP.

Sorry, my friend. I thought the voice actor thing was threadworthy and did my best to not mention anything that would incite discussion of the easter egg in my OP.

The thread itself didn't spoil it, it was few posts in there that heavily imply it. I did read the spoiler tagged post and that is on me but just the existence of spoiler tags in a thread like this+a thread about UC4 Easter Egg floating about it would not have been hard to do 1+1.

The thread itself didn't spoil it, it was few posts in there that heavily imply it. I did read the spoiler tagged post and that is on me but just the existence of spoiler tags in a thread like this+a thread about UC4 Easter Egg floating about it would not have been hard to do 1+1.

Yeah, I put a warning in here to curb some of it, but I guess it didn't occur to me that anybody outside this thread that knows about it through a Non-GAF link wouldn't be privy to that.

FelipeMGM

You know what? Im starting to think that Uncharted was delayed to May to be close as possible to E3 lol. No way they could remain silent from March 18 until June 13 with a bomb like this in the game

FelipeMGM

GG anyone with half a brain who hasn't been spoiled and walk into that new ''case'' thread

Yeah, that sucks. We managed to keep this low key as possible for a week in here, and it was working just fine, but it was inevitable this situation would get out of our control. This thread has almost 200k views.

I-hate-u

Why am I feeling that we are indeed getting a Crash game announced, but as a project spearheaded by Activision? Maybe ND are in the know, and Sony is doing the marketing rights for the game, hence this easter egg.

Why am I feeling that we are indeed getting a Crash game announced, but as a project spearheaded by Activision? Maybe ND are in the know, and Sony is doing the marketing rights for the game, hence this easter egg.

I don't care if it's done by Activision or Peter fuckin Molyneux as long as it turns out ok.

If this were the case, we definitely would have seen Activisions name in the credits.

Isn't it though?

I'd like to reiterate that all of this means Naughty Dog has pushed more console content for the Crash Bandicoot license during Activision's 7+ year ownership of the IP than Activision itself has by a large margin, and Naughty Dog's contributions total a grand sum of "around 5 minutes".

Z3M0G

I have not read any post in this thread... but it is torture to have it dangling in my face on the front page every day...

Maybe ND has the rights to the first PS1 games since they made them?

Sony has publishing contracts for the first four, but they don't have any rights to use the games. They publish them on the store because they are the official lifetime publisher for the first five Crash games. It's still
(was?)
an Activision product. If you need tangible evidence, you can look to Naughty Dog's art book, which required Activision to be credited despite all the art being from Crash 1-3 and CTR.

FelipeMGM

Sony has publishing contracts for the first four, but they don't have any rights to use the games. They publish them on the store because they are the official lifetime publisher for the first five Crash games. It's still
(was?)
an Activision product. If you need tangible evidence, you can look to Naughty Dog's art book, which required Activision to be credited despite all the art being from Crash 1-3 and CTR.

Also, since it looks almost everything there in the level has been remade or created for this, technically that is not Crash 1. So yeah, they need either the rights or the license to use that

Elena: Did you ever seen a wumba before?
Nate: No, but it is
an apple

*cough* wumpa *cough*

Also, since it looks almost everything there in the level has been remade or created for this, technically that is not Crash 1. So yeah, they need either the rights or the license to use that

Exactly. It's a close copy, but it's definitely not the original game in any form.

BetaM

Spinaround of the
wumpa treasure
from the treasure video the guy posted:

Q73c1Ci.gif

It feels like I've seen that model before, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Top Bottom