• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Yeah, next time I'll make a big batch. My boyfriend is weird though. He HATES leftovers and will go out of his way to eat everything even if it means eating a kilo of lasagne (this happened). What a waste.

Bizarre.

Make 2 kilos of Chili Con Carne next time. I'd love to hear about him trying to eat that.

Shaneus

I'd be hesitant to kickstart it since they're on record as being anti consumer.
Rink?

Oh, guys? Diabolical Pitch is up. DIABOLICAL PITCH IS UP!!!!!!!! WOOO!!!! SUDA51 OR MITSURUGI OR NAGOSHI OR WHOEVER JAPANESE DUDE IS AWESOME DID THIS! THE GAME YUO BOUGHT A KINNECT FOR!

Yagharek

You talking about Mario in all those Capcom threads? I'm still pissed I haven't got my Shatter PS3 patch, and I bought that game to support them.

No, many more threads than capcom. Every dlc debacle shows him up cheering for more screwed customers. I don't wish I'll on him or his company, but I would never buy from them. So glad I got gripshift used, it wasn't any good either.

Shaneus

No, many more threads than capcom. Every dlc debacle shows him up cheering for more screwed customers. I don't wish I'll on him or his company, but I would never buy from them. So glad I got gripshift used, it wasn't any good either.
Link? I don't recall seeing anything otherwise. And plus, I managed to get a code for Monster Flip or whatever for iOS, so I'm not seeing any evidence that they're *not* good (not that I don't believe you, but I figured I'd have come across something like what you've mentioned in my travels. Or at least, hear about it before today).

BTW Reach any good? Not that I care. Not gonna get it as I still have ODST Smokey Sax sitting here, unplayed :(

Yagharek

Link? I don't recall seeing anything otherwise. And plus, I managed to get a code for Monster Flip or whatever for iOS, so I'm not seeing any evidence that they're *not* good (not that I don't believe you, but I figured I'd have come across something like what you've mentioned in my travels. Or at least, hear about it before today).

BTW Reach any good? Not that I care. Not gonna get it as I still have ODST Smokey Sax sitting here, unplayed :(

To be honest, finding a link would be impossible. It was likely one of the hot topic online pass threads. Maybe arkham City.

Shaneus

Ah okay, cool. Will take yer word.

Hey guys, if you have a Kinect you should buy Diabolical Pitch. It's fucking badass.

In stuck in this horrible awful loop with my lecturer. I'm supposed to find an article about "foreign news reporting". So I send him an article, and he emails back saying either: someone else picked that one, or that's an article on news reporting in a foreign country, not an article on foreign news reporting (what's the difference?). Why does it matter if someone else is doing it?!?!?! He never responded to my emails about taking a make up exam because I had a funeral during one either. /rage.

Card Boy

Banned

Yeah I know there where other threads he posted anti-consumer stuff in. I actually told him I would never buy a Sidhe again because of his posts, he probably forgot about it since I got a free iOS game off him.

Omikron

I really have missed l4d2, it is a lot of fun. Although I think there needs to be another difficulty between Advanced and Expert in some ways. We flew through Advanced and weren't particularly trying that hard.

Danoss

Has anyone read any of 'The Laundry Files' series of books by Charles Stross? I'm currently working my way through the first book 'The Atrocity Archives' and am quite enjoying it.

Imagine a world where the Cthulhu Mythos is real. A world where the Final Solution was part of the Nazi's failed attempt to open an inter-dimensional gate. In this world there is a British occult intelligence organization, 'The Laundry', which investigates and fixes such problems. An organisation that understands that invoking magic is dangerous, even deadly, so they have computers do their dirty work for them, which reduces the risk just a little bit.

The books are presented by the computer expert protagonist using the name 'Bob Howard'. It's a mixture of spy-thriller and horror, with much dry wit sprinkled within. Well worth a look.

hamchan

Magical realism eh?
I read 1Q84 and was disappointed.

I need to read that too. I've heard it's kinda weak from a lot of people. Oh well, I loved Norwegian Wood and liked the extremely weird Kafka on the Shore, so maybe i'll like this one too.

Jintor

I've actually got a backlog, though I've got a plane flight soon so I'm sure I'll be able to eat a bunch of books on the way

Deeku

No worries, I'll read all the Murakami stuff eventually.
Wide Up Bird Chronicle should be a priority. It's fantastic!
Wat really -_-
I dunno, didn't really come to mind. Plus, 1984 was one of those books that I half read for school. I don't even remember what it's about. Same goes with books like Of Mice and Men, To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, Heart of Darkness, something Virginia Wolf, Shakespeare stuff, Emma...etc

Yeah, literature is clearly not my thing lol!

Hey guys, if you have a Kinect you should buy Diabolical Pitch. It's fucking badass.
I would but apparently my room isn't big enough to play any Kinect games :(

In stuck in this horrible awful loop with my lecturer. I'm supposed to find an article about "foreign news reporting". So I send him an article, and he emails back saying either: someone else picked that one, or that's an article on news reporting in a foreign country, not an article on foreign news reporting (what's the difference?). Why does it matter if someone else is doing it?!?!?! He never responded to my emails about taking a make up exam because I had a funeral during one either. /rage.
Sounds like he will get a negative review at the end of the term.

I really have missed l4d2, it is a lot of fun. Although I think there needs to be another difficulty between Advanced and Expert in some ways. We flew through Advanced and weren't particularly trying that hard.
New Orleans run didn't go as well. Starting to get better though, swapped out the shotgun for an assault rifle right at the end that made things a lot easier and wondered why I hadn't done it before >_<

Yeah I know there where other threads he posted anti-consumer stuff in. I actually told him I would never buy a Sidhe again because of his posts, he probably forgot about it since I got a free iOS game off him.
Well, you didn't buy it did you!

jambo

We just had the most insane L4D2 session on The Parish.

It wasn't as funny as Monday night, but damned if it wasn't fucking epic.

In the end we played for 1 hour and 49 minutes and cleaved through this many zombies

gWL02h.jpg

further breakdown

GYKW7h.jpg

rSSjjh.jpg

Tasty

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
2:30am fapp, that's a bit late.

I wonder if I should ask the people who work in retail stores to dress me in their stores clothing since I have no sense of fashion.

Kinda like queer eye / hot pretty girl / hot straight guy for the straight guy. Depending on who is working there.

I dunno if it would work though D:

Has anyone with a Galaxy Nexus (codswallop) received the 4.04 update?

Still on 4.0.2 here. Mine is a yakjuxw meaning the updates are delivered by Samsung, who seem to be pretty lazy. Since the updates haven't been coming very quickly I haven't bothered to flash to a standard yakju where the updates come direct from Google.

If another update comes out (or 4.0.4 has significant changes) before Samsung rolls out 4.0.3 then I will flash it myself.

Darklord

Banned
So AusGAF. What's the best area(or street) for restaurants in Melbourne(as in IN the city)? I've got a date this Saturday and I want to take her to somewhere not fancy but upper-casual. If you know what I mean, like $25-$30 main meal range, nice atmosphere, nice food.

Then somewhere after. A bar or club. I've been to cherry bar so maybe that but she might not be into that rock scene, I dunno yet. Every place I know is too far out of the city or not applicable for that night!

Yes, I'm quite ignorant of what Melbourne has. I know places in Sydney and Brisbane easy. I need to start on Melbourne.

I wonder if I should ask the people who work in retail stores to dress me in their stores clothing since I have no sense of fashion.

Kinda like queer eye / hot pretty girl / hot straight guy for the straight guy. Depending on who is working there.

I dunno if it would work though D:
Go buy/look at a copy of GQ and copy whatever you like the look of.

All this talk of l4d online really makes me wish I had a pc.

Omikron

New Orleans run didn't go as well. Starting to get better though, swapped out the shotgun for an assault rifle right at the end that made things a lot easier and wondered why I hadn't done it before >_<

Auto-shotgun vs tank.

The only way to go.

Go buy/look at a copy of GQ and copy whatever you like the look of.

All this talk of l4d online really makes me wish I had a pc.

No PC? :-o

Salazar

So AusGAF. What's the best area(or street) for restaurants in Melbourne(as in IN the city)? I've got a date this Saturday and I want to take her to somewhere not fancy but upper-casual. If you know what I mean, like $25-$30 main meal range, nice atmosphere, nice food.

BURGER. HIT UP GRILL'D.

DON'T MAKE JINTOR'S MISTAKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom