• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadbelly

Banned
Speaking of Harry Potter, I was watching 'Who Do You Think You Are?' the other day and JK Rowling was on it. I like watching that show. It's really interesting finding out about celebrities ancestry for some reason. Sometimes it is really surprising. For instance when Brooke Shields was on it, she found out she was directly related to King Henry IV.

Here's the Rowling one if you want to watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6399QxJiPM

AcridMeat

Banned
So at PAX Prime a bunch of friends of mine from the PA community go on the Harry Potter themed bar crawl. We're Ravenclaw.

Actually a friend and I didn't make it into the actual crawl so we were the loners peering over the gates of Hogwartz.
Drinking the hell out of some G&Ts

Sup?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If I were a Harry Potter character, I'd probably be Gandalf. The way he sacrificed himself to teach Luke the stakes of the war was seriously noble.
u2sFs.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ginny doesn't have much of a personality or her own will to be honest. She is constantly set to "potential love interest" and doesn't break much outside of that.

Anyway, finally finished the Mistborn trilogy the other day (I'm allergic to excessively long books so it takes me awhile.) Great great ending.

I did not expect THAT to happen to THAT particular character though.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
D:

I'm glad I didn't go looking up anything about the books then. I can't wait to get home so I can read my copy of The Alloy of Law (which is the only one I have a physical copy of.) I heard it wasn't as good, but it should be interesting at least.

Also, not as long.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The ending was indeed mindblowing. Honestly thought it would be Spook who took the mantle.

He does in a way though.

It did seem like he was on the way to that, but the budding love interest made me decide otherwise. I didn't expect both Vin and Elend to
die
though. But at least they seemed okay with it.

Emitan

I keep reading the "Lesser known PS1 games you loved back in the day" thread title as "Lissar known PS1 games you loved back in the day"

Maybe I should go to bed. Or hope Lissar posts all the PS1 games she knows.

leadbelly

Banned
I do wonder if anyone bothers to watch the things I post. Most of the time it never gets mentioned. People just carry on as if my post wasn't there. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom