• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

Fou-Lu

I finished the first chapter a while ago but hadn't really gotten around to playing the second. I've finally started to get into it and I am really enjoying myself so far. I am constantly reminded that this series has amazing characters and even more amazing music. I am also reminded that there is an insane amount of missable content, but luckily most of it is easy to find. The only thing that's a bit tough is not missing out on Bracer Points.

I am about to head to the school where it seems the 'ghost' might be headed in chapter 1. I chose Agate as my buddy, sorry Scherazard, Agate is much more interesting. I am very happy to currently have my favourite character, Olivier in my party, but based on the first chapter I doubt it will last long. Combat seems tougher in this one than the first, but I am not sure if I am imagining it. It is a bit frustrating to have to rebuild my arts from scratch, but I am managing.

I look forward to delving deeper into the game, I hope it lives up to the hype as being even better than the first.

Psxphile

You'll be happy to know that party members will stick with you a lot longer in Second Chapter. Unless their name is Anelace. :x

Enjoy the ride.

Linkark07

Banned
It is an excellent game; no regrets buying it when it was released on PC.

And good choice picking Agate, dude is a beast
and broken if you know what to do.
. He and Kloe were basically the two characters I had in my party through all the game.

TheChaos0

I can't see myself taking either Agate or Kloe out of my party either unless forced to.

I ended up with both of them in my party in the end. Kloe and Agate are beast. Though to be honest I've used all the party members and they were all around the same level.

Thoraxes

I pretty much never used Kloe unless it was a part where she was forced in. It made party composition fun to play around with.

Einhander

It exceeds expectations compared to FC.

Btw, when is TC coming out here? XSEED has been quiet on its localization progress.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure it's better than FC. It does some things better and others worse.

But if you're enjoying the early chapters, it only gets better later.

Btw, when is TC coming out here? XSEED has been quiet on its localization progress.

It was announced for 2017. Seems like they are unofficially aiming for earlier in the year.

Aeana

I wouldn't expect to hear anything about that for a while.
We're still waiting for an update on Xanadu Next.

Fou-Lu

I knew what to expect with the earlier chapters having played FC, so I get enjoyment out of the little things. I do still hope the end game goes batshit crazy again. Hopefully more so.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the early chapters in SC were kind of bad compared to FC. FC was building a narrative and a world while SC felt like episodes of a Saturday morning cartoon, with every chapter having the exact same predictable structure. Thankfully once it got away from that it got a lot better.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My favorite Trails game. You're in for a ride, OP.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm just about to complete this. It's been phenomenal.

Don't worry about the early difficulty OP, the game becomes fairly easy after a while. At least, it seemed that way to me.

Fou-Lu

Chapter 3 here I am! Imagining I have quite a ways to go though. I find myself hoping Joshua returns to the party for the final stretch and is as broken as he was in FC. For now Kloe is more broken than I thought possible at so early a point.

Nyoro SF

Remember the best way to build characters is with extremes. Maxing out a stat is better than balancing them all.

Glad you're having fun. :)

Fou-Lu

Is there a way to get into the Sewer right now so I can kill the monster before continuing the main story? There's a guy blocking the entrance, but I feel like there was more than one entrance before. Maybe I am misremembering.

epmode

Is there a way to get into the Sewer right now so I can kill the monster before continuing the main story? There's a guy blocking the entrance, but I feel like there was more than one entrance before. Maybe I am misremembering.

If you're talking about Grancel, there are two entrances to the sewers. I can't remember where they are offhand.

Fou-Lu

Yeah okay, I'll wander around and find it. EDIT: Found it!

Also, is there a way to grind really quickly in SC like the Shining Poms in FC?

There are two entrances. One besides the arena on Grancel East and one behind the cafe on Grancel West. I don't remember what happens exactly where you are, but if both of those are blocked then perhaps you need to continue the story a bit.

Yeah okay, I'll wander around and find it. EDIT: Found it!

Also, is there a way to grind really quickly in SC like the Shining Poms in FC?

It's still Shining Poms. Only instead of appearing randomly on the field, they appear randomly in battles with specific enemies.

I ran into one in the sewers and killed it right after making that post. :p

How common are they?

Boo all these belated info of mine.

Generally as common as the shining poms in FC, I feel.

Though I very often found them accompanying the normal poms in Esmelas Tower.

Fou-Lu

Chapter 3 complete. Things just got Xenogears. I miss some BP along the way somewhere though... Am I going to miss out on a secret ending or something?

Nyoro SF

Chapter 3 complete. Things just got Xenogears. I miss some BP along the way somewhere though... Am I going to miss out on a secret ending or something?

Nah. BP only helps with freebie items given to you by the Guild and a few lines of dialogue. Feel free to enjoy at your own pace.

Fou-Lu

Can I still reach A rank? I really want Estelle to be an A rank Bracer when I finish this.

Also, random question. Is there a world map available somewhere that shows all the different kingdoms and stuff?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Can I still reach A rank? I really want Estelle to be an A rank Bracer when I finish this.

Also, random question. Is there a world map available somewhere that shows all the different kingdoms and stuff?

A rank is very strict IIRC. Requires very close to max BP, you can only be a few off and still get it.

And this thread has a couple maps in the OP. One official map that has a lot covered up, and a drawing showing the known countries.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I played with Scherazad, sorry Agate. But yeah I found the game to be an utterly transfixing experience, I didn't want to put it down once I started. The first game took a while to sink its claws into me, but going through the first one really made the impact of the second game all the more stronger. And yeah, I did find the game a lot tougher than the first... some drawn-out and extra challenging boss fights where you are swamped with enemies, a few of them I had to use the item to fill my S-Gauge and S-Break them to stand any hope of survival. Even some of the 'monster in the treasure chest' battles were rough.

Probably the best game of 2015, even if I played it early this year (you will appreciate what I followed it up with... BOF4). Can't wait for #3!

I want to buy this game, but I'm still playing Dragon Quest VII, then Pokemon Moon is coming out, then Persona 5 comes out early next year! Knowing me, if this goes on sale during christmas steam sales, I'll probably still buy it (and the first game so I can replay it).

Fou-Lu

I am loving how Chapter 4 starts with playing as Joshua. He has been doing some lifting or something, level 72?!

Fou-Lu

I just beat the fourth chapter. My previous session I had been listening to podcasts in the background so I didn't have the music on. Having the music back reminded me how much of the vibes in this game are from the music. So good. I have also become addicted to fishing because of the fishing sidequest in Rolent.

one of these days I'll continue playing this

I got past the training section in the prologue then realized I still had like 100+ hours in the game and got discouraged to continue because I didn't want to put the investment then. And I don't know if I can put it now. One of these days I will but I gotta push myself to do so.

I loved the first, but this one seems so overwhelming in size.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I got past the training section in the prologue then realized I still had like 100+ hours in the game and got discouraged to continue because I didn't want to put the investment then. And I don't know if I can put it now. One of these days I will but I gotta push myself to do so.

It's longer than FC, but not that much longer. Shouldn't take 100+ hours unless you are going for max BP and seeking out every single bit of NPC dialogue.

King_Moc

Banned

I finished it last week. Game time was 55 hours. It's only a little longer than the first one.

Fou-Lu

I'm only at 27 hours and I think I am a good portion of the way into Chapter 5. And I have been combing the game hard for chests and quests.

Top Bottom