• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV and KOF XIV both getting Japanese arcade releases

JayEH

Next year is SF's 20th anniversary. Makes it even more baffling to release it when they did.

The menus are horrifically bad. Everything is static and just feels dead.

they seem fine to me. maybe they could be flashier but it gets the job done.

entremet

I've already commented about this earlier, but still, great news. Very great news to hear for both games! That means that they would get even more tons of support.

Yeah, it's big news because that also means that Japanese players can finally get away from the atrocious SF IV series altogether.

Atrocious? lol.

I get that many didn't care for the game, but let's give it some respect. Game revitalized the scene and was a streaming staple for years.

Atrocious? lol.

I get that many didn't care for the game, but let's give it some respect. Game revitalized the scene and was a streaming staple for years.

I know, though the only reason why it had gotten the tons of support that it did, is because it had been 9 years since Street Fighter went on hiatus after SF III: 3rd Strike.

Most old-school SF fans like myself (consisting of mostly SF II: Champion Edition, Super Turbo, Alpha 2/Zero 2, Alpha 3/Zero 3 & 3rd Strike) absolutely hated the SF IV series, though.

Neoxon

I'm mainly curious about how much the arcade release of SFV will be modified compared to the base PC version.

There were actually found references to an arcade mode in the files of the game, it's obviously happening in Season 2 or earlier, hopefully people will shut up about it once it comes out.
Pretty interesting attitude to have about this considering that even Capcom seems to understand now that releasing the game without it was a mistake. "Hopefully' they'll finish their games before releasing them at full price in the future.

Top Bottom