• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Auctopus

Watched a bit of Exec's stream last night where he was demonstrating the disalignment of bullet placement when using certain attachments. Crazy that that's been left unchecked for so long.

I don't agree barbed wire being the ideal choice over c4 with bandit. Also what's the benefit of using shields with Castle?
But then you can create your own shock wire

Also yeah I started getting in to this on ps4 about 2 months ago but I've been banned lol, bought all the ops and I'm around level 30 but haven't stepped foot in ranked yet because I feel like I still don't know the maps well enough and I don't wanna go in without a party.

But yeah shields with frost is always fun because you can force people to step in your bear trap lol

Psn is Psychoward23 if anyone here still plays, I've got a mic and am in US EST.

Edit: also yeah the net code in this game is bafflingly bad

andycapps

Watched a bit of Exec's stream last night where he was demonstrating the disalignment of bullet placement when using certain attachments. Crazy that that's been left unchecked for so long.
Yeah he's been talking about it for a long time. Sometimes it's stealth fixed in a patch and is broken again later. Think the biggest offender now is the L85.

Auctopus

What's the gist of it? Does he have some of the stream saved?

Video Link

The Gist: Bullets come out of the sight in Rainbow 6 unlike games like Battlefield where the bullets come out of the gun barrel.

However, bullets aren't landing where people are aiming. Most notably on SAS' L5 Assault Rifle. There's some blatant examples in the video.

The video also details useful (annoying) knowledge about client/server side consistency issues.

andycapps

What's the gist of it? Does he have some of the stream saved?
He's had several videos on it. Here's one.

https://youtu.be/5-Ks_pNiYNc

Auctions, that's a slightly different issue but still one that he's brought up as well. What you're talking about is regarding pixel peeks and where the bullet comes out of. For Siege, the person shooting sees it come out of the sight, everyone else sees it coming from the barrel and likely being blocked by a doorframe or whatever you're pixel peeping.

The sight bug is related to most bullets coming out as you expect but every 5 or so one will be off. With ACOG the bullets should hit the top of the arrow, but on some guns the bullets hit just below that.

CrayToes

I would honestly rather not even bother learning about all that shit ^.

This game will fuck you over, repeatedly. You just have to live with it.

Auctopus

Oh yeah, Andy's is the right video. I just grabbed the recent one that I thought sounded right.

Yeah, as CrayToes says - the game just isn't sound so no matter how much practical/technical knowledge you have, at some point the game is just gonna fuck you over because it doesn't do what it's supposed to.

I would honestly rather not even bother learning about all that shit ^.

This game will fuck you over, repeatedly. You just have to live with it.

Oh yeah, Andy's is the right video. I just grabbed the recent one that I thought sounded right.

Yeah, as CrayToes says - the game just isn't sound so no matter how much practical/technical knowledge you have, at some point the game is just gonna fuck you over because it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
Yeah that's true lol. I thought it was just gonna be like a simple thing like don't use x attachments on y gun or whatever. As I said just a few posts before the game is a mess, doesn't help that the community (not the reddit/gaf community but the day to day people in voice) is some of the worst I've experienced. Really Ubi should just thank god everyday they made a game in a niche that's pretty uncontested right now.

Auctopus

Did they nerf buck? Can't do shit with him lately..

His gadget doesn't work properly if that's what you mean? Sometimes it won't create a hole of the correct size and sometimes it won't even blow out a hatch in one shot.

It's been needed to be fixed for a few weeks now.

andycapps

Btw it was supposed to say auctopus but it got auto corrected. ;p

I don't agree barbed wire being the ideal choice over c4 with bandit. Also what's the benefit of using shields with Castle?

You get 3 barb wire with Bandit over the usual 2 with every other defender, making it a potential round winner when placed correctly.

There's some great pixel peeks you can make with the deployable shield.
There was also a very effective shield strategy used in the pro league last week. Can't remember the team that used it, but they used two shields and placed them together in a way that blocked the attacking team from walking through a choke point on the map Kafe. Outside of that, shields are kinda useless for the most part.

Auctopus

6z6Bbbh.jpg

Win 20 rounds in ONE week with ONE operator to get a charm. It's gonna be a mess, look forward to getting TK'd for picking JTF2.

Hey guys, just picked the Year 2 version up from a fellow gaffer the other day on X1. Do the booster packs ever go on sale? I used the 24 hour one you get from Ubi but it's worn off and the grind is real. Any suggestions. Me and my brother play terrorist hunt online a lot. Brings me back to the old RB6 days.

Hey guys, just picked the Year 2 version up from a fellow gaffer the other day on X1. Do the booster packs ever go on sale? I used the 24 hour one you get from Ubi but it's worn off and the grind is real. Any suggestions. Me and my brother play terrorist hunt online a lot. Brings me back to the old RB6 days.

Sometimes, not very often though.

Also whats up with high pings all over ranked these days? Never been this bad in previous seasons.

andycapps

Play ranked multiplayer and you'll get a lot more points.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omg. The matchmaking in this game is still fucking garbage. Wtf. I'm tired of wasting time searching for players and matches not starting. FFS.

I've been trying to get back into the game the last few days, and the servers are doing their level-best to keep me away. It takes me upwards of 20 minutes of false starts to actually get into a game, and then when I do there is a 50/50 chance that the server kicks us all out halfway through. It killed a ranked game 5 rounds in, and an hour later it still tells me that I need to reconnect or I'll receive an abandon penalty, and when I try to it kicks me to an empty lobby that will search indefinitely. I can't believe they are well into season 2 and have still not ironed out the basic issues that have plagued the game since the beginning. I'm going back to Titanfall 2.

I'm going back to Titanfall 2.
Sadly whenever I go to Titanfall 2 from this game I end up coming back within an hour. It's just so much more engaging despite the disastrous flaws. I guess we're less than 3 weeks away from new operators and supposedly that elusive one step matchmaking patch. Please magically fix everything. Please please please.

I have pretty much stopped playing the game because of server and netcode issues. Really sad too, hella fun game but not when you can't even get into a match.

Auctopus

Matchmaking in Casual is much better for me now but it's so sweaty.

I guess it'll make me a better player in the long-run but it was always fun trying stupid plays when people weren't being serious. 3/4 Casual matches I get in are just try-hards now.

Keihart

I wish there were more servers on Latin America, i hate playing on the Brazilian servers, not only seems like everyone is playing on dialup with their pings being trash even with being on the same region as the servers but it seems like everyone just speaks portuguese and nothing else and really enjoy having background noise on the mic and shouting.

i hate generalizing, but damn i've come to hate Brazilian gamers online and their servers through the years.

thenexus6

God some people do my head in, we are up 4 v 1 on defence, but all my team mates get itchy trigger fingers and rush out. All die - we lose the game.

Auctopus

I know I whined earlier on this page but after 4 casual games in a row where the other team had 2+ Diamond players, Casual is now officially harder than Ranked. There's nothing Casual about it.

Sadly whenever I go to Titanfall 2 from this game I end up coming back within an hour. It's just so much more engaging despite the disastrous flaws. I guess we're less than 3 weeks away from new operators and supposedly that elusive one step matchmaking patch. Please magically fix everything. Please please please.

Good news. I didn't know a matchmaking fix was coming soon. I don't actually care about any of the in-game bugs, but the endless lobby metagame gets frustrating.

Ha

Haha

Ha

Not really into this new matchmaking update. If i wanted to play ranked, i'd play ranked. Really wish they'd have just given us a second casual queue so we'd have the option.

Auctopus

Not really into this new matchmaking update. If i wanted to play ranked, i'd play ranked. Really wish they'd have just given us a second casual queue so we'd have the option.

Yeah, after playing a couple dozen matches in Casual since the change, I can say I really don't like it. The opponents are more difficult than in Ranked, I'm matched up against Plat II and above most times. I used to really like solo queuing in Casual before but they've completely removed that relaxed element of the game.

On the sub-reddit, Epi has said that the change is temporary whilst they tune the matchmaking further (then why did you change it in the first place?). People in Silver/Bronze seem to like the change as it means they get stomped less (which is fair) but they're saying that their queue times have gone way up. However, due to the disproportion in skill within the Gold rank (way too many people are ranked between Gold IV and Plat III), anyone from Gold IV and above seems to be matched up with anything up to Diamond now.

To me, Casual should just be pot-luck in match-making. I don't care if my team in Casual is a mix of Plats to Coppers - that's what the mode is for. Ubi should save their "tweaking" for Ranked, a mode that they still consider "Beta".

Frost is one of my favorite OPs to play and I don't like most charms but I like her challenge one buuuuut I don't have a lot of free time this weekend and don't feel like playing a lot of Siege. And 20 round wins is a lot, plus I figure everyone's gonna be insta locking Buck and Frost. Oh well.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
got most the base operators I want unlocked, unlocked valkyrie now going to save up for another dlc one, should it be buck, hibana or jackal? or a diff dlc one?

got most the base operators I want unlocked, unlocked valkyrie now going to save up for another dlc one, should it be buck, hibana or jackal? or a diff dlc one?

Hibana is probably the best out of those as far as team utility but they're all really good operators with a lot of killing potential. Buck might be the best floorbanger in the game if you want to really learn the ins and outs of the maps he's a great pick for that. Opening up a ceiling or floor and surprising the enemy is just too fun.

Hibana is probably the best out of those as far as team utility but they're all really good operators with a lot of killing potential. Buck might be the best floorbanger in the game if you want to really learn the ins and outs of the maps he's a great pick for that. Opening up a ceiling or floor and surprising the enemy is just too fun.

Hibana's gadget is still bugged, isn't it? If so, I'd avoid until that's been ironed out.

Fury451

Banned
Hibana's gadget is still bugged, isn't it? If so, I'd avoid until that's been ironed out.

It's less so. Sometimes it requires a second button press to begin the detonation sequence.

Interesting how it's issues accidentally fits with the X-Kairos being a prototype.

Between her main assault rifle, speed, and her gadget she's easily one of the best DLC operators still, even with occasional hiccups.

Auctopus

Hibana. She's useful in nearly every match and I feel like her bug doesn't happen so much (despite Ubisoft saying they have failed to fix it yet).

Jackal is fine but he's more situational than it seems. Most of the time, it's more useful to have your wits about you and sniff out enemies yourself rather than tracking. However, Jackal is a very good intimidation tool to make people move frantically when you locate them. The key to being effective with him is to not start tracking at the beginning of matches but after a couple operators have been downed. If you tracks someone immediately as you're inside, your team are rarely in the position to safely track them down.

I'd go for Hibana if I were you, it's your choice though.

The Hibana glitch does still happen, but not that much. It's really annoying when it does. Sometimes shooting another set of pellets and detonating gets them to work, but if you just shot your last batch then you're just fucked.

Even when they're not glitched it's always annoying how long it takes to press the detonate button. I'll often switch out to my weapon before it's completed its animation and not detonate because of that.

And sometimes if you start a wall and then want to finish it (which is what you should probably be doing if you are facing a Bandit juggle, get a set low, and then work up once you have denied Bandit), sometimes they'll fail to attach on the lower part, causing the higher part to make an ugly useless H shape that you can't walk through. Or you'll shoot a little too high also leaving some garbage in the middle.

Also Thermites tend to be dumb and not understand that if you are using your X-KAIROS that you are going to blow up a charge placed on an adjacent wall tile.

Using her gadget gets damn frustrating at times.

Still, it's great for drop downs. On maps like Kafe and Yacht I'm using it more for those than anything else.

And her guns are fantastic. ACOG on the main and a 1x sight on the sidearm SMG and you have a lot going for you. Having that SMG to lean on for clearing rooms quickly is a godsend.

Aside from the problems with X-KAIROS the only other drawback I can think of is that her main gun is trash for shooting open doors/windows. The SMG is ok for it but it's also a waste as it just doesn't have the ammo reserves to spend on shooting down barricades.

If it were me I'd go Hibana, Buck, and Frost in that order. Buck is good all around. Frost traps can be useful for certain defenses. And they're never bad as a stall tactic or just something to force the enemy team to make sound.

Top Bottom