• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible news of interest for Persona fans coming this Friday [up: P4G Animation]

duckroll

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv176153249

To prepare fans for the opening of the second Persona 3 movie in June, there will be a recap of the first movie and a preview of the second movie streamed on Niconico Douga this Friday on May 2nd at 11:30pm.

The streaming program is divided into two parts - the first part will be the recap and preview screening, while the second part will feature a number of "well known guests" who will be presenting "the latest news for the series" as well as "a major new project announcement".

Now, before anyone gets too excited, I will state that it is likely that this is strictly about the Persona 3 anime, and the news and major announcement are directly related to the film series. Having said that though, I think that most Atlus and Persona fans in particular would probably be somewhat interested in whatever they announce anyway, since it would still be related to Persona. But it also won't surprise me if Atlus has some tie-in plans to announce something game related as well, like maybe yet another Persona 3 port/remake which people have been asking for since they announced the Persona 3 anime films.

Disclaimer: I do not actually know what they will be announcing, this is not any sort of "tease" or whatever. I saw the news and thought it would be interesting to share, don't read too much into it and get excited just because of that.

FluxWaveZ

Heck, at this point, every week has news of interest for Persona fans. I guess I'd hope it's a remake of P3 so I could stop hearing about people wanting it, but not too sure I'd be into playing something like that myself.

I suppose it could also be the announcement of P3M #3, though.

duckroll

Persona 3 (insert shade of blue)

Maybe they're just going to do a quick movie sequel thing.

The movies aren't over yet. The second one coming out in June will only cover the events in Summer, maybe up to the halfway point of the game. I don't think it's very likely they will announce something like that even if they planned it, until all the movies are over.

I'd put my money on "strictly Persona 3 movie related," which basically means I don't care since I'll never get to see it with English subs. Unless I pay $60 per installment, I guess.

We really don't need another version of Persona 3.
I don't know--a fourth version does seem like overkill, but Persona 3's current problem is that there is no one definitive Persona 3. Both FES and Portable are gimped in relation to each other in some way.

Village

Persona 3 Violet blue " we changed a things in the story so we could use characters in future things because now looking back on it we regret doing that thing we did because we use characters for things and money. Also we made ken not a shit " edition

kewlmyc

Even if it is only about the P3 movies, I'll still be excited since P3 is my favorite videogame. Bring it on.

Seems like it's not available to stream in my region. Profound sadness.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Even if it is only about the P3 movies, I'll still be excited since P3 is my favorite videogame. Bring it on.

Seems like it's not available to stream in my region. Profound sadness.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a game announcement, it'd be nice, but I definitely wouldn't put money on it.

Ken

7Nnyl.png

GooeyHeat

Clearly it's:
Persona 2 duology will be completely remade to have social links and other sim elements.
Persona: Soul Hackers and Persona: Nocturne to follow suit.

Top Bottom