• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice dated in Japan for 3/7/2013, includes limited edition Vita

kiri

I think you need to do further research, because that statement is ridiculous.
Goodbye with this mess. Inaccurate false mess I might add
KDRWm.gif
>_> Uh no.
You have a bright future here.
Hahaha. Nothing like DMC, this is like Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter having a baby.
translation: I have seen or read nothing of this game.

What a post.

Hm, no. Wait.
Posted late at night before I was about to sleep, yeah, I could have probably worded that better. Anyway, about my comment, what I was trying to put across was that it just felt like another action-RPG in a Hell-ish world with some interesting monster designs. Bar the sacrificing mechanic, I haven't read anything else that peaks my interest too much in this game. For the information of those who said, I have read up on this game previously, with these links being watched recently;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQQrHcSv3Cg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z2ed2JJYTk

But compared to the doom and gloom of this Dante's Inferno trailer; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdqY2a9iRXw bar the spells being cast, I don't see so much difference between them.

I'm happy to be proven wrong if someone cares to link me to somewhere that really shows off the game.

Inafune's blog this morning:

"March 7th. It seems like it is so far away, but I'm sure as soon as the new year comes it will be right there.

I'm so excited to see the reaction of players to this game that I can't stand it. People in-company who have played this for the first time say it is superb. They always give off such a positive reaction.

As for the more difficult-to-please users, the general public, I am very excited to be able to see their reaction toward this game from the upcoming demo.

I want you guys to be excited for this new gameplay sensation as well as the story composition.

As for people who think this will just be another "hunting game", I hope to betray your expectations -- in a good way.

I want you to enjoy a game which somehow feels familiar but is completely new.

Please wait just a bit longer until March 7th. While enjoying the demo, of course."

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The double pack is a very smart move for a new IP of this genre,the big upcoming demo is also a very smart move to get the players ready and hyped....but the release date is suicidal and stupid as all hell.

Kyon

Banned
The double pack is a very smart move for a new IP of this genre,the big upcoming demo is also a very smart move to get the players ready and hyped....but the release date is suicidal and stupid as all hell.

Spring is when games sell though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Did Inafune say anything about when the demo was going to be up?

Persona86

Banned
I would always prefer a Vita without a design on it, because worst case scenario, you end up hating the game, and the design will remind you of it every time you use it haha.

Love the colour thou.

Hm, no. Wait.
Posted late at night before I was about to sleep, yeah, I could have probably worded that better. Anyway, about my comment, what I was trying to put across was that it just felt like another action-RPG in a Hell-ish world with some interesting monster designs.

I'm happy to be proven wrong if someone cares to link me to somewhere that really shows off the game.
DmC and Dante's Inferno aren't action RPGs.

gryz

Banned
ooh this lines up nicely with my april trip to Japan, unless the special vitas are all sold out by then

Mondriaan

Ghost mode sounds cool — wonder how it fits in with what we know so far.

Maybe it's tied to the save vs sacrifice choice all the remaining players make. The afterlife modes seem to be monster and ghost.

It would make a sort of thematic sense that characters can't be brought back to life, though.

Shinriji

The JP Awards site has a interview with the producer of Winning Eleven, and it says why there isn't a Vita version this year. He says that was a huge pressure of lauching WE this year (probably the main console versions), and if they launch the Vita version, it would be a simple PSP port. As the Vita has high specs and techsavy owners, they feels like they want to do a proper work with the Vita version.

Now it's a smiley face with a beard.

Can't unsee. Damn you.

SCEJ seems to be going all out for this game, don't think they have ever pushed a game like they seem to be doing with this, especially not their own game/IP.

- Special Edition console, and the console looks sexy enough
- Double pack is a really great idea to push co-op play and I hadn't thought of that as a promotion. You go halfsies with a friend and each of you get about Y19,980 discount on day 1. I just hope the Limited availability for these two is not something like 10K, but more like 100k+
- Big demo, if the demo is good it'll get people hooked on it and look forward to release and set a good word of mouth as well
- I think the delay was to include extra features to be more in line with what the MH crowd wants? That's a smart idea if so
- All that needs to happen now is a big marketing push, don't know how marketing works in Japan, but I think they need to push this down people's throats, like MS did with Gears/Halo and EA did with BF3 in the US

Regarding the release date, I think it's ok, 1 month after DQVIIR and possibly 1 month before MH4. Of course, Capcom/Nintendo can spoil the party and release MH4 the same week.

This game is looking good, maybe it'll go on to sell 500K in Japan, which would be a major plus and, IIRC, the most successful new IP since the PS1 days and the most successful game since GT4 for SCEJ if that happens.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the game is for me. I hated the MH demo with a passion on PSP and this looks too similar for me to even care, there are differences like this doesn't have gears and MH does, but still, I'll play the demo, hate it, and just see if it has a chance of being as successful as, say, God Eater (the most successful MH clone in JP IIRC sales > 500k).

EDIT: Realized the vita sales in Japan are worse than I thought. 500K is unrealistic IMO. 250k/300k is more in line with reality. Still a good number though.

raven777

some information on the demo

-its a part of the full game.
-there will be 3 bosses
-you will be able to use the save data from the demo in the actual game.
-you can play ad-hoc, wifi multiplayer with the demo
-you can experience some parts of the story. The female partner Nimue will be in the demo as well.

Sid

some information on the demo

-its a part of the full game.
-there will be 3 bosses
-you will be able to use the save data from the demo in the actual game.
-you can play ad-hoc, wifi multiplayer with the demo
-you can experience some parts of the story. The female partner Nimue will be in the demo as well.
Sounds cool,how many bosses will the game have?

Whoa demo? I'm assuming JP store only.

I recall something about the memory cards only working for 1 region. I have Persona 4 Golden on my 4GB. How can I get this demo?

You'll need a card to use for the JP region. You can backup a memory card to PS3 or PC, wipe it, and use it for JP, but it is a bit of a pain in the ass (takes time). A 4gb wouldn't be awful though. If you are really interested in the game, it is probably worth doing.

Takao

Banned
The JP Awards site has a interview with the producer of Winning Eleven, and it says why there isn't a Vita version this year. He says that was a huge pressure of lauching WE this year (probably the main console versions), and if they launch the Vita version, it would be a simple PSP port. As the Vita has high specs and techsavy owners, they feels like they want to do a proper work with the Vita version.

lol

Bullza2o

You'll need a card to use for the JP region. You can backup a memory card to PS3 or PC, wipe it, and use it for JP, but it is a bit of a pain in the ass (takes time). A 4gb wouldn't be awful though. If you are really interested in the game, it is probably worth doing.

Ah I've done several backups and to think I need to do that plus reformat my Vita every time sounds like a hassle.

And I'm very hesitant to buy another memory card. Oh well I'll still try it.

expel

another gameplay footage showing Cyclops and using union magic that puts a temporary barrier that slows down the monster's movement
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19536641

crinale

It looks like the "field" spell must be cast by multiple players in the party (see red lines between them). Once the opponent come right in the middle of triangle, you can trigger the spell and literally trap him inside the field.

zroid

Banned
The red Vita is nice, but the pink on the rear does not blend in well at all, imo. I think it's pretty bad. :\

If the whole system were pink, I'd prefer that.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is it bad that I got kinda bored watching that and thought the graphics were horrible and bland? Can anyone give me some comparisons pics between it and MH3G 3DS?

Imo the graphics are very good but not as good as someone says, but comparing those to mh 3ds is incredibly ridiculous, and imo ss is not even a mh clone.

ACESmkII

The more I see of this game the more hyped I get. I already Pre-ordered it from GameStop and I'm sure the march date they have is placeholder, but I want to believe.

Just to be clear if I download the demo with my Jp psn account when it is released, I then have to wipe my Vita and log in with that account to play it?

Sid

The more I see of this game the more hyped I get. I already Pre-ordered it from GameStop and I'm sure the march date they have is placeholder, but I want to believe.

Just to be clear if I download the demo with my Jp psn account when it is released, I then have to wipe my Vita and log in with that account to play it?
Yup

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm really looking forward to see all the stories behind the monsters and why they bacame like this. The lore and graphical style reminds me of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, which are two games i really enjoyed.

Is it bad that I got kinda bored watching that and thought the graphics were horrible and bland? Can anyone give me some comparisons pics between it and MH3G 3DS?
Did you have interest in the game to begin with? If yes, then maybe it can be a bit bad for you (since you then lost interest a game you first wanted to play). If you had no interest in the game to begin with, then it shouldnt matter much in my opinion.

Top Bottom