• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

The reaction from John and Cortana when he shows up is going to be amazing.
(actual Primordium/maybe Halo 4 spoilers)

Wow, I haven't read that book, but that sounds like some serious do not want. I prefer characters that "die" or are written out of the plot to stay that way, because 9 times out of 10, there is some cheap as shit plot device that brings them back, usually simply for the sake of bringing them back.

TheOddOne

Still chuggin' along with Primordium.

From Chapter 14 it really gets good,
The Gravemind and The Dead Forerunners parts were striking and well written

Wow, I haven't read that book, but that sounds like some serious do not want. I prefer characters that "die" or are written out of the plot to stay that way, because 9 times out of 10, there is some cheap as shit plot device that brings them back, usually simply for the sake of bringing them back.
Guilty Spark is an AI. I hope you have seen every Anniversary terminals because GS mentions that there are back Ups for every of them. The explanation is logical in this case. If Johnson or Keyes comes back, I will agree with you.

Krispy

iInkhuIxUlf4b.gif

Dem triceps.

Fuchsdh

The book was so dreadfully slow before that point though that I kind of had to stop and reread to comprehend what I was reading.

Primordium suffers from "Harry Potter 7 let's go camping for half the book" syndrome, except Rowling is more interesting writing about little of consequence. I liked Primordium a lot overall, but it really should have been structured a little differently, I think.

Trey

My final exams are about to start, wish me luck HaloGaf!

I'll be joining you on that quest in ninety minutes or so. We shall emerge triumphant.

This thread is kind of better in some ways when there is no Halo news to bitch about discuss. That's when the magic happens.

Thats pretty awesome, and im pretty impressed if one of our first looks at Halo 4 will be MLG footage. That would certainly quench a lot of my fears if it looks good.

Will be a huge improvement over previous Halo reveals. You could never tell how the game played because it would be a drunk journalist pissing an AR into walls most of the time. I want to know how many shots the BR takes, kill times for BR and DMR, time between sniper shots. Optimistic, I know.

As for theatre, a cool idea would be if each saved film had a sub menu where it would chart significant moments in a match and sign post them by the time they occurred i.e

Triple kill, 2.53 (press y to skip to)

Flag cap 1, 4.08 (press y to skip to)

Killtac, 5.30 (you get the idea)

New thread? Jesus bacheesus.

Also, my life kinda sucks right now, but you guys? You guys are alright.

Except for Elzar, he's a dick.

FyreWulff

The 'halo' seed for Minecraft looks very useful for making some Halo maps in. Some wide open areas, some big cliffs to sculpt stuff like Headlong out of, and even a couple of floating islands to start Lockout or somesuch on.

We've a little treat on Forward Unto Dawn starting today. Our first Halo 4 "big bad" speculation piece is live. We're planning on visiting some more potential candidates over the next few weeks.

Stay tuned!
Sitting back and reading now.

The book was so dreadfully slow before that point though that I kind of had to stop and reread to comprehend what I was reading.

Primordium suffers from "Harry Potter 7 let's go camping for half the book" syndrome, except Rowling is more interesting writing about little of consequence. I liked Primordium a lot overall, but it really should have been structured a little differently, I think.
Well, the camping scenes in HP7 weren't half the book – not even a hundred pages I don't think – and it was interrupted frequently with interesting stuff. By the time Harry and Hermonie get to Godric's Hallow, you're pretty much done with it.

They're similar in that they really slow down the story, and I do agree that the camping scenes in HP7 were more fun to read about.

Fuchsdh

Sitting back and reading now.

Well, the camping scenes in HP7 weren't half the book – not even a hundred pages I don't think – and it was interrupted frequently with interesting stuff. By the time Harry and Hermonie get to Godric's Hallow, you're pretty much done with it.

They're similar in that they really slow down the story, and I do agree that the camping scenes in HP7 were more fun to read about.

Well yeah, hyperbole alert. The walking parts in Primordium weren't that extensive either, but they certainly *felt* long, and unlike the Forerunner-oriented Cryptum the human characters in Primordium weren't doing anything players hadnt, really.

Well yeah, hyperbole alert. The walking parts in Primordium weren't that extensive either, but they certainly *felt* long, and unlike the Forerunner-oriented Cryptum the human characters in Primordium weren't doing anything players hadnt, really.
The walking parts in Primordium are about as long as they feel. I remember looking back when they were finally over and it was about a hundred pages or so. Definitely a third or a fourth of the book – ridiculous.

TheOddOne

Any constructive criticism on HaloGAF Radio for us?
The pacing could be a little better, parts where nobody knew who was going first was distracting. The first episode though flowed more effectively.

That's about it, like it a lot and will keep listening :)

Homeboyd

Have you read what you have to do for the weekly? That's reason for the payout.
But then you should consider whether it's worthy of being a weekly. I don't think you should look at the payout and say "well this one is really easy if you glitch Nightfall, let's cut the payout"... You should say "well since this particular challenge can be exploited very easily, let's just cut it from the weekly rotation."

I'll certainly do the challenge, and it can be fun if done the right way... But I'd prefer it being cut rather than the payout being cut.

Was thinking about doing a total reworking of the payouts for each challenge as they've appeared recently. Some were just never touched when they did the "recent" increase in payouts. Not sure how difficult it is to do the actual updates, but I would imagine a decent proposal would be a good start to consider whether it's worth their time. Would likely require some help from Wu or GB1. :)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Have you read what you have to do for the weekly? That's reason for the payout.

Yeah, I get that, but the overall baseline for weeklies should be bumped up while still using the "more difficulty = more points" scale.

Set the bottom rung for weeklies at 50,000 credits, and go up from there or something. I really enjoyed when other games like Gears would have crazy weekends (like 12x XP) etc, as a lead-up to the next game.

kylej

Banned
I would try keeping the podcast lean, at least right now. Try one at an hour or so, maybe even 45 minutes of really good content.

Maybe when the E3 stuff drops, then you have a bunch of people on and do a big roundtable for a couple hours. Heck, you could probably even do a Skype livestream after the days events ala Halo Council's stuff or Giant Bomb at E3 if the news is big enough.

Top Bottom