• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Chinese Forum Xbox720 specs: 8CoreCPU,8GB,HD8800GPU,W8,640GBHDD

aegies

i was angling for some erring, hand waving, confirmation or dismissal of the ~2.5tflop GPU buzz.

answer on an anonymous postcard.

I mean, as a novice engineering wise, at a glance at the components I would say thereabouts or higher? But I'm not sure about that at all. It seems too good to be true.

I don't think IBM has a 28nm process.

It's not IBM.

ekim

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, it's moving pretty fast.
Anyone care to speculate if these specs would mean that the new xbox would be backward compatible with the 360?

Easiest way would be a dedicated SOC with 360 specs. Emulating is going to be hard. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Maybe devs can compile Durango builds of the executables so they run on the new HW? (And maybe even increase IQ in the course) could that be possible?

onQ123

I was talking about the Windows 8 part & no the rumors of 8GB of ram is not much older than that because the post was made when the rumour 1st came out what you posted was Crytek saying that they needed 8GB of ram & back then Gaf was laughing at them & saying they was crazy.

Crytek wants 8GB of RAM in next-gen consoles

See my post there? that's even older saying that next gen Xbox should be at 6GB if released in 2012.

nasos_333

599.99$ us Dollars.

Lets hope so, i dont want to give 400$ and get a mediocre system, i prefer to give 200$ more and get a super system

After it will probably last me 7 years and wont have to buy anything else hardware wise

Same happened with xbox 360, i could even play Witcher 2 there and still not have to go with PC upgrade for almost 7 years, it is incredible

Want to build a custom gaming PC for raw power, but hopefully these specs are accurate because next gen consoles would be all I need.

McHuj

Durango might use 32nm SOI, which should perform better than 28nm bulk.

That's my theory. 32nm SOI would give better power numbers, it's just a more involved and expensive manufacturing process. IBM also has plenty of embedded ram IP for 32nm SOI.

Karak

Easiest way would be a dedicated SOC with 360 specs. Emulating is going to be hard. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Maybe devs can compile Durango builds of the executables so they run on the new HW? (And maybe even increase IQ in the course) could that be possible?

From some of the emulator scene, emulation of a 360 doesn't look to be hyper difficult. And if you have all the information. It would seem to be a no brainer. Including SOLID business sense. I heard it was in, from my source, but then heard it wasn't from someone else who has been right for the most part. Very shady stuff concerning the BC.

MS Payment plan is going to do a killing on these I think.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for this quote:

Eight-core cpu, 8g memory, 8xxx graphics, windows 8 kernel specially os, 640g hard drive.
ekim posted it in the original source. I translated the TGFC site using Google Translate, but I couldn't find the quote. Was it removed or am I looking in the wrong place?

As for the mentioned specifications, I think they are not up to the mark for me to be able form a reasonable opinion. Inclusion of 8800 Series could of course be nice, but with it being certainly not COTS there's really not much to say. For the RAM, 8 gigabyte is also nice but it's the same thing as with the GPU, without knowing the type or configuration (or if it is in an SDK context only) I'm not getting very excited just because of the amount.

Of course, there are many comments on here that are much more elaborate than those from the Chinese forum, but still I don't think I'd be able to do any greater analysis of this justice with the information present-at-hand. Anyway, it's nice to see more and more information starting to "leak".

I was talking about the Windows 8 part & no the rumors of 8GB of ram is not much older than that because the post was made when the rumour 1st came out what you posted was Crytek saying that they needed 8GB of ram & back then Gaf was laughing at them & saying they was crazy.

Crytek wants 8GB of RAM in next-gen consoles

See my post there? that's even older saying that next gen Xbox should be at 6GB if released in 2012.

Still back then i don't think most people were thinking DDR3 if that is what MS going with .

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yes really, I came here for information, not for some tool to make smug 'i know more than you' comments.

you'll last long here. no need to be a dick, especially towards people offering up info that shouldnt be public.

as to your question - read between the lines. that particular poster has virtually said its 8. others have echoed that.

McLovin

8800 on a console? With thats what I had on my last pc, but since its a console w/ optimization next gen games will look sick! Most games will probably be 1080p with a solid 30fps frame-rate(could easily do 60 with current gen stuff).

ekim

Rösti;46197602 said:
I'm looking for this quote:

ekim posted it in the original source. I translated the TGFC site using Google Translate, but I couldn't find the quote. Was it removed or am I looking in the wrong place?

As for the mentioned specifications, I think they are not up to the mark for me to be able form a reasonable opinion. Inclusion of 8800 Series could of course be nice, but with it being certainly not COTS there's really not much to say. For the RAM, 8 gigabyte is also nice but it's the same thing as with the GPU, without knowing the type or configuration (or if it is in an SDK context only) I'm not getting very excited just because of the amount.

Of course, there are many comments on here that are much more elaborate than those from the Chinese forum, but still I don't think I'd be able to do any greater analysis of this justice with the information present-at-hand. Anyway, it's nice to see more and more information starting to "leak".

It's on the first page, post #5. I accidentally linked the second page. But you will also find it quoted on the second page, second post.

8800 on a console? With thats what I had on my last pc, but since its a console w/ optimization next gen games will look sick! Most games will probably be 1080p with a solid 30fps frame-rate(could easily do 60 with current gen stuff).

Notsureif...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ram wise? Or everything?

Is it normal for MS to deliver devkits that overpower by a significant margin the final product?

alpha kit specs posted last page - sounds like the current kit performs at least as well overall.

Karak

Ram wise? Or everything?

Is it normal for MS to deliver devkits that overpower by a significant margin the final product?

He posted them a bit below that post.

It is normal for kits to be delivered that can hit a particular performance point taking into account that custom silicon will remove some of the brute force needed by early dev kits.

Oh man, isn't that terrible in terms of BW?

It's gonna need a good amount of EDRAm.

I think the last quote I saw for edram required for something was actually far smaller than most assume. Somewhere around 300mb(though that is big for edram compared to the 360). I could be wrong but I thought someone on Beyond 3d did a nice calculation.

What about bandwidth. I mean it's cool it's got 8GB of ram, but what about bandwidth? Unified or discrete? Will it be Xbox 1 all over again in which the GPU is bandwidth starved because of the CPU, will we have eDRAM again? How much?

lol @ people shocked the next gen specs are high. Yeah, welcome to new console hardware. You must be new here
Maybe they're Nintendo fans?

KOBE10.gif

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It's on the first page, post #5. I accidentally linked the second page. But you will also find it quoted on the second page, second post.
Ok. Thanks. I did search the whole thread on that forum though.

Deuterium

I realize the thread is moving fast...but would it hurt so much to at least scan through the first few pages?

pestul

Hmm, why are 'devs' spilling the beans in this thread so much compared to others? Is Durango's coming out party imminent or what? CES does have until Friday. Thanks btw, those rumored specs are delicious.

*Sigh* Too much gamer logic.

Specs are awesome... $599! OMG... teh FAILZ! UBER EXPENSIVE.

In reality: Xbox 360 launched with cutting edge hardware for $299.

Karak

Hmm, why are 'devs' spilling the beans in this thread so much compared to others? Is Durango's coming out party imminent or what? CES does have until Friday. Thanks btw, those specs are monstrous.

As I said in the other thread. Some peeps getting peep shows pre-during-post CES and will begin leaking.

ekim

Hmm, why are 'devs' spilling the beans in this thread so much compared to others? Is Durango's coming out party imminent or what? CES does have until Friday. Thanks btw, those specs are monstrous.

Planted leak by MS to keep the steam box hype low. Idk

Top Bottom