• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They're getting paid to watch movies, not to play games!

Fuck this shit. I'm cooking right now and got nothing to watch and I've been through all of the BOTW episodes at least twice.

I need them to drop an episode now!

Watch a movie from Best of the Worst, then see how many of their jokes you accidentally repeat.

And try not to look completely awkward when you realize you didn't just make up that joke yourself. They'll never know.

It looks like "Best of the Worst" is 4 years old now.

The RLM website has it listed January 18, 2013, but the YouTube video is listed January 22, 2013. Maybe the video was unlisted until then?

We started off with "Russian Terminator," "Ninja Vengeance," and "Never Too Young To Die." The last is actually getting a Blu-ray release soon, making it the only one you can get easily for a reasonable price. The other two are fairly overpriced on Amazon.

"Russian Terminator" gave us the line "You have a problem. You're gonna die." Which they referenced at the end of "Space Cop."

But I haven't watched either of those movies god dammit.

I'm sure la La land is fantastic but nothing I've seen of it appeals to me. Bye bye man though should be fun to listen it its really bad

"Bye Bye Man is the closest thing that we have seen to a Best of the Worst movie on Half in the Bag" - Jay.

Yikes...

"He has more bag's under his eyes than an... airliner?" - Mike

You tried Mike, and I still laughed.

I loved their back and forth afterwards.

Great HitB, I actually want to watch both films now.

I'm surprised that, since they mentioned the lawyer's number is one away from Mr. Plinkett's, they didn't end up calling Mr. Plinkett instead and revealing their entire plan.

I wonder if it was referencing the scene they were talking about in Bye Bye Man where it was like they were setting up for a joke, but didn't because it wasn't supposed to be a 'funny' movie.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm surprised that, since they mentioned the lawyer's number is one away from Mr. Plinkett's, they didn't end up calling Mr. Plinkett instead and revealing their entire plan.

I wonder if it was referencing the scene they were talking about in Bye Bye Man where it was like they were setting up for a joke, but didn't because it wasn't supposed to be a 'funny' movie.
I'm sure it was. lol

I think it was probably more like the dumb "I can't see well in the dark" scene if it's referencing anything at all. It's a subversive non-joke.

Anyway, I would absolutely go see "Scratch scratch, WHo's THaT RatCH?"

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I really want to meet the guy who said "Hmmm yeah! Bye Bye Man! That's a good name!"
It probably is the only reason why anybody would talk about this movie though, so maybe whoever came up with this actually outsmarted me.

Joeku

Jack & Rich do some of the best line readings in let's plays. Just listen to their amazing Undertale play through where they both voice all the characters. Same with voicing Sonny Bonds for the Police Quest playthroughs.

Rich is trying to do his best Russian accent right now.

I never watched their Undertale playthrough. Is it good, or is it "good"?

The Undertale playthrough looks like fun. Do they play the whole thing through? Just once though, I assume?

I'm pretty sure that they didn't complete the game entirely, but they did get close to the end.

It was split between three different streams:

Undertale with wacky voices (2 parts) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKNOBf-OBhc&feature=youtu.be
Return of the Undertale (4 parts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PVKfjaJ4-o
Blundertale (More Undertale) (7 parts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF5tzxYRem8

You mean their video they interview a bunch of people on what star wars means to them? Both Jay and Mike looked super young in that. Rich just looked skinnier, but looked not much more different.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's more like

*gives bad review*

*people start going apeshit over their bad review*

*fuck with said people*

This is the exact same shit as their Ghostbusters vendetta.

They've had like 9 videos I've avoided about this movie though. How do you talk that much about a pretty okay action movie with underdeveloped characters?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
By not thinking it was that okay?

Then how do you talk that much about a less than okay action movie with underdeveloped characters? I've got to watch their videos to see what they even said now, because I'm half convinced it's the same 15 minutes over and over again.

What is there to say? You remember that story they covered sufficiently in the title crawl of the first movie? Yep, that stuff happened while they said hope a bunch in a depressing ass space movie.

Most of the other videos, besides the half in the bag, are just trolling people. They even have one where they're directly making fun of another channel. It's the podcast. And alas, they're ultimately known as one of the first reviewers people go for Star Wars reviews because of their prequel review trilogy. They don't consider themselves huge Star Wars fans, but that's who they are. And yeah ultimately they didn't like it. Plenty of people didn't.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I only watched the review tonight, but it sounds like they had an awful audience at the theater. Along with people angrily defending it, I can see why they turned to the subject of the fans with some of the other videos.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How do you talk that much about a pretty okay action movie with underdeveloped characters?

When talking about said movie generates more views they any other content they are doing?

They are making money off this like any half way intelligent person or group of persons would do.

Top Bottom