• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Right before D2 releases, I'm gonna dismantle everything in my vault. Cabal can't destroy it if it not there. :)

Realized I still never got a Jade Rabbit or Queeenbreaker's Bow.

Bungie said:
"There will be a ton of loot! Play Destiny 2 at gamescom, earn an emblem that will be waiting for you when the game launches."
DH6JieCXcAAFZ82.jpg

Sigh... These things always bum me out, mostly because it makes my collecting itch clash with my "I'm not gonna pay the absurd ebay prices" mentality.

Edit: At least the wording on the card gives some insight about the way the vault works in D2, having the emblem kiosk integrated into it (and probably others too).

Cornbread78

Like I edited to above....

nvm, formed Discord for PC audience: (Quote to reveal)

Just in case people want separate PC from Console DGAF for beta and full release.

Why are you trying to tear people apart!?! Is this some kid of "master race" taunting?

How could you young wolf!?!!!!

Tovarisc

Why are you trying to tear people apart!?! Is this some kid of "master race" taunting?

... What? Why you make PC audience PM beg for Discord invites? Why are you doing artificial gating and vetting DGAF members to ones you like?

Works both ways if you want turn this into shitshow.

Also I have hundreds of hours in Destiny 1 so yeee... not my first Destiny rodeo.

I didn't say that I made it to be only place for PC DGAF. I made it just in case we want split platforms because how Bungie already separates them.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Because when I asked nobody gave me a link or even replied. Its normal to include a link in the OT unless you want to purposefully gate the community members for it, which is whatever, but then you are also the ones responsible for "tearing things apart".

PayaV87

So guys, help me.

I like everything I read about Destiny, I purchased on launch the base game, played a little, and haven't touched it since. There were other games to play.

I don't want to buy Destiny 2 now, because I'm afraid that this will happen again.
Is it a sane thing to pop in the disc now, and play? Will I get to progress far enough to be able to play it?

I have zero DLC, no Taken King, nothing. I don't intend to purchase them at all.
What will happen if I try to play the game now?

Tovarisc

So guys, help me.

I like everything I read about Destiny, I purchased on launch the base game, played a little, and haven't touched it since. There were other games to play.

I don't want to buy Destiny 2 now, because I'm afraid that this will happen again.
Is it a sane thing to pop in the disc now, and play? Will I get to progress far enough to be able to play it?

I have zero DLC, no Taken King, nothing. I don't intend to purchase them at all.

If you don't own any of DLC's then you are limited to vanilla content so not really much worth there, imo. If you want to you could level, gear and then clear VoG at least once with DGAF group because it's absolute highlight of Destiny 1.

Cornbread78

... What? Why you make PC audience PM beg for Discord invites? Why are you doing artificial gating and vetting DGAF members to ones you like?

Works both ways if you want turn this into shitshow.

Also I have hundreds of hours in Destiny 1 so yeee... not my first Destiny rodeo.

I didn't say that I made it to be only place for PC DGAF. I made it just in case we want split platforms because how Bungie already separates them.

Because when I asked nobody gave me a link or even replied. Its normal to include a link in the OT unless you want to purposefully gate the community members for it, which is whatever, but then you are also the ones responsible for "tearing things apart".

Calm down....
giphy.gif

I don't even have Disord" :(

... What? Why you make PC audience PM beg for Discord invites?

What? Everyone in the Discord had to ask for an invite— XBox, PC, PS4, everyone. (Or they found the posts several months ago that had quote-to-reveal invites— as I said, I don't know why it's not in the OP, but there you go; I was just trying to save some time before one of the admins saw your post).

Cornbread78

So guys, help me.

I'd say it's worth it to play through the story from the start and run through some strikes and yeah, VoG is quite the experience in and of itself. It may take some time to get a party together for it, but it's definitely worth it!

Tovarisc

Calm down....
giphy.gif

I don't even have Disord" :(

tbh it bothers / triggers me when people start throwing "lol pcmasterpuristrace" 'jokes' around because seen that bs used in serious way and with serious tone and meaning so much. Such childish way to paint PC players, just like it's stupid to attack those who prefer consoles as primary platform.

What? Everyone in the Discord had to ask for an invite— XBox, PC, PS4, everyone. (Or they found the posts several months ago that had quote-to-reveal invites— as I said, I don't know why it's not in the OP, but there you go; I was just trying to save some time before one of the admins saw your post).

I will hit up Hawkian about this Discord stuff tomorrow or today.

Tovarisc

We are going to put the Discord join link in D2 OT and didn't think we needed it this early. Quote to get it

PC peeps will need place like Discord to easily and efficiently form fireteams for Strike and PvP. Otherwise it's a lots of LFG spam in PC Beta OT and is just slow way of doing it like DGAF should know :b

PC peeps will need place like Discord to easily and efficiently form fireteams for Strike and PvP. Otherwise it's a lots of LFG spam in PC Beta OT and is just slow way of doing it like DGAF should know :b

We have a pc channel in the destinygaf discord, along with pc tags. I also made a bot that will auto roll you to "Destiny 2" when you play it on PC and unrole you when you turn off the game, so you can easily see and talk to everyone who is currently playing. Not to mention a PC roll as well.

Edit: the dgaf bot is currently off but I'll turn it on in a few hours so you can role yourselves and whatnot

Tovarisc

I closed down server and purged it of members.

I don't want to create any drama and apparently it was already topic of shit talk on DGAF Discord so hearing loud and clear it isn't wanted addition to DGAF.

Untitled1.png

darthbob

Looks like Bungie.net got a bit of a re-design, not really digging how slow the page scrolls but at least it isn't like tumblr and their infinite scrolling.

Looks like Bungie.net got a bit of a re-design, not really digging how slow the page scrolls but at least it isn't like tumblr and their infinite scrolling.

Man, I'm not a fan of this at all. Feels bloated and laggy.
Why does clicking your avatar or notifications need to load a bulky sidebar? You can't even keep browsing with the rest of the window while the sidebar's there...
I really don't like it when sites move from a more simple and responsive design to this slow and "flash-y" stuff.

Edit:
On a positive note, the 13+ min EDZ video looks great.

Since we're getting a whole slot for Elemental primaries, its' interesting to see some of the evolution of those. This is from the start of Year 2:

HKZiUYr.png

7KLVRuz.png

"Damage colors" isn't a term I've heard since, but I like it.

What I think is the most fascinating part of the evolution of elemental primaries is that in D1, they were mostly a sign of prestige. They didn't really do anything outside of Burns and that was one activity/week.

D2 is making elements a lot more useful. For starters, Kinetic does more damage to non-shielded, but also Elemental bullets cause matched element shields to explode and elemental damage does bonus damage to supers.

I like that is' not just "We added elements to your primaries" but also "those elements are actually useful now."

Juan

Man, I'm not a fan of this at all. Feels bloated and laggy.
Why does clicking your avatar or notifications need to load a bulky sidebar? You can't even keep browsing with the rest of the window while the sidebar's there...
I really don't like it when sites move from a more simple and responsive design to this slow and "flash-y" stuff.

I really hate this redesign... And on top of this, you no more can see your online friends using Bungie.net... This really really sucks. I was always using Bungie.net for this feature because it was way faster than Xbox.com.

Midas

Jäger. :lol

I switched to German once, only to discover that all the weapons were actually translated. Hawkmoon wasn't called Hawkmoon but something else, extremely weird to translate weapon names like that. Well, you Germans... You dub everything, so what can you expect. :)

Top Bottom