• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

torontoml

Regarding cars to sell- I think you are better off learning the look of Oracles, Ballers, an Felons. Those are more common than gang cars. Oracles and Ballers har two variants, both worth same as the other. Oracles are 8, Ballers 9. A normal Felon is 9, but a Felon GTA (convertible and two door) is worth 9.5k. Still go for gang cars, but I've looked for 30 min before for a gang car, with no luck. Often the streets are filled Oracles, Ballers, and Felons.
Seeing as you kept playing after I stopped baron, is there anyway that I can make significant cash regularly? I used to stack up on ballers and sell them off, but with a 45 min limit I can't do that anymore.

Hip Hop

I'm really liking the online portion, but I'm not doing this twice. It's holding me back a lot since PC will get my permanent play time after it comes out.

Wish we could transfer X1 to PC even though my data came from the 360.

haven't really played much MP yet but the new character customization is really good... the characters I made looked so much better than those messes I made last year lol happy about that and being able to have a character that looks the way i want it more closely.

I wanted to make a character based off of the film Heat named Waingro but apparently the last 4 letters are banned. Thinking of a GTA themed atlernative like Wayne Grow... or just making a Wei Shen (so I guess he was in GTA while in the US before returning to HK for SD).

Strider

I just applied to the PS4 clan. My PSN/social club ID is "Tstrider"

I've been doing SP stuff but will jump online soon.

Varvor

Wait, there is Neogaf PS4 clan? Where do I apply?

Edit: Looked it up in OT. Applied as well for PS4. Gamer tag: SGamar

Dabanton

Yeah, it is much improved with that, but still not great given that to do PvE jobs, you couldn't choose with missions you wanted to do, you had to call Simeon or someone else and say "I want a job!" and then see what job they give you. THey could either give you a great job that's a lot of fun ... Like the one trying to steal the jet off the beach and land it in the Sandy Shores airfield while your friends clear it out... Or they give you the job where you have to drive down to the docks for 10 minutes, shoot 5 guys, and drive away with the drugs. ANd more often than not, you'd end up having to do that one or one like it. I kind of understand how they don't want people to chose their own missions because you'd have a huge number of people who are only grinding and trying to max out their cash/XP, or whatever, but for someone like me and my friends... Where we have maybe a few hours to play a game on a Friday night or Saturday morning, we don't want to have to "get lucky" to get a fun mission... We might just want to play fun coop missions with friends, and in GTA Online you just can't do that.

You know you can choose what missions you want to do...

Press start in GTA:O go to 'online' select 'jobs' and you can set yourself up as host.

Select any job, death-match or race you want to do. Invite your friends or crew members and off you go.

MisterHero

The online player characters look nice. Unfortunately it may be a long time before I join in.

Regarding cars to sell- I think you are better off learning the look of Oracles, Ballers, an Felons. Those are more common than gang cars. Oracles and Ballers har two variants, both worth same as the other. Oracles are 8, Ballers 9. A normal Felon is 9, but a Felon GTA (convertible and two door) is worth 9.5k. Still go for gang cars, but I've looked for 30 min before for a gang car, with no luck. Often the streets are filled Oracles, Ballers, and Felons.
Here's a cool tip for cool people

1) Spawning a Gang Car. If you can't find one, there are things you can do:
-Have someone with a gang car spawn one for you
-There's a car party in southeast Los Santos that spawns standard versions of the cars. Both hardtop/convertible Tornadoes, Buccaneers, Manana, Peyotes, etc.

2) STORE/Insure the first car. The trick is repeatable after you do this.
Having one of those cars is important because...

3) Drive around EITHER
a) Vagos/Ballers/Chamberlain Familes territory, or
b) the junkyard in southeast Cypress Flats. Cars in Cypress Flats are not surrounded by hostile NPCs.

4) Gang Peyotes pay ~$13k. Tornadoes ~$12k.

Seeing as you kept playing after I stopped baron, is there anyway that I can make significant cash regularly? I used to stack up on ballers and sell them off, but with a 45 min limit I can't do that anymore.
Toro! Welcome back man. Selling gang cars and doing the Simeon texts are a quick ~20k or so when you join. After that, there are a few decent missions, and quik parachutes for some cash. Hit me up when you are on!
The online player characters look nice. Unfortunately it may be a long time before I join in.

Here's a cool tip for cool people

1) Spawning a Gang Car. If you can't find one, there are things you can do:
-Have someone with a gang car spawn one for you
-There's a car party in southeast Los Santos that spawns standard versions of the cars. Both hardtop/convertible Tornadoes, Buccaneers, Manana, Peyotes, etc.

2) STORE/Insure the first car. The trick is repeatable after you do this.
Having one of those cars is important because...

3) Drive around EITHER
a) Vagos/Ballers/Chamberlain Familes territory, or
b) the junkyard in southeast Cypress Flats. Cars in Cypress Flats are not surrounded by hostile NPCs.

4) Gang Peyotes pay ~$13k. Tornadoes ~$12k.
That's definitely awesome advice! However...I haven't been able to get this to work on the ps4 version yet D: I bought the 10 car garage by Simeon's dock delivery a while back because of that. Id leave the garage with my peyote/tornado, and would find one waiting for me in that spot almost every time. It was awesome. I think the extra ps4 power put a stop to that, among other things like the recurring armored trucks.

Personal cars you're supposed to be able to sell whenever, the time limit is supposed to apply to cars you're selling off the street. Since trackers get placed on cars you store in your garage I assume that then makes them count for no time limit although there still may be bugs with the whole process.

The gang peyote sells for 12,940 I believe.

Sigh this is the situation I am in right now:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/2971912

It should transfer everything for your online character, what's missing?

When I did the transfer, I did see it say something like 'transferring special edition content'.

But I don't have the original blimp (Maybe they only give you one blimp?).

And I don't think I have the big garage that Franklin had to put in cars.

Tigress

Man, they foiled one of my sure fire ways of making money, stealing gang cars. On PS3 I knew what time of day and exactly where they would spawn so I could reliablely get 2-3 per night of the ones worth 12+k. Apparently they fixed that.

Man, they foiled one of my sure fire ways of making money, stealing gang cars. On PS3 I knew what time of day and exactly where they would spawn so I could reliablely get 2-3 per night of the ones worth 12+k. Apparently they fixed that.
Yea :( :( :( Felon GTs are the next easiest bet, aside from driving around looking for them gangs. And looking. And looking. I've yet to see one online, but I haven't been able to put a ton o time in obline.

Mistel

Banned
When I did the transfer, I did see it say something like 'transferring special edition content'.

But I don't have the original blimp (Maybe they only give you one blimp?).

And I don't think I have the big garage that Franklin had to put in cars.
Single player content is not transfered between consoles only the online stuff.

torontoml

Toro! Welcome back man. Selling gang cars and doing the Simeon texts are a quick ~20k or so when you join. After that, there are a few decent missions, and quik parachutes for some cash. Hit me up when you are on!
s
Will do man, I'll be on tomorrow night till early morning since I'm going from days to nights at work.

Never really got into the online the first time around. Gonna try and play at least some of it. I applied for the crew my psn is Siddhartha__

Ricitor

Well transfer went smoothly enough. Might actually give this mode a real shot this time.

Applied for the GAF Crew.
PSN: Ricitor

Moozo

Parts of this are still so janky. Like booting you back to single player because it failed to put you in a session. What?

My PS4 time will come in about 30 days or so when I pick up the bundle I hope. Maybe sooner due to a possible Canadian Black Friday deal. Looking foward to running with the crew again. I'm still on the PS3 verison atm for cash/armored trucks.

That's definitely awesome advice! However...I haven't been able to get this to work on the ps4 version yet D: I bought the 10 car garage by Simeon's dock delivery a while back because of that. Id leave the garage with my peyote/tornado, and would find one waiting for me in that spot almost every time. It was awesome. I think the extra ps4 power put a stop to that, among other things like the recurring armored trucks.

Damn! That was our money making right there lol. Did the gang cars transfer over in the garage on the PS3 --> PS4? I take it the transfer is a one shot so you could load cars on PS3 and they would appear on the PS4. This waiting game for the PS4 is :( but I'll be build up my cash flow until then.

Spazznid

so I usually fall into the loop of just spenting way too much time in free roam, and being mad I'm not a higher rank, but I really want to rank up now. Let me just go on call here an- oh, disconnected.... sigh...

My PS4 time will come in about 30 days or so when I pick up the bundle I hope. Maybe sooner due to a possible Canadian Black Friday deal. Looking foward to running with the crew again. I'm still on the PS3 verison atm for cash/armored trucks.

Damn! That was our money making right there lol. Did the gang cars transfer over in the garage on the PS3 --> PS4? I take it the transfer is a one shot so you could load cars on PS3 and they would appear on the PS4. This waiting game for the PS4 is :( but I'll be build up my cash flow until then.
Everyrhing transferred over no problem for me, all gang cars. I have yet to check my alt character, see if she still is loaded up with cars. It is a one time deal though, you can't keep stocking up on PS3, then transfer to the the 4 :( there are still some good ways of earning money, just that cake walks song is at an end sadly.

And Felix! Back in action again too! To cool! Glad to see you back man, count those days till that ps4!

Here is a vid I got when I was trying out online on Tuesday. I was flying peacefully in my Besra (no weapons). I was flying close to a dude, who started firing on me. I fired back...with my plane :D
Man vs Besra

S/o to whoever linked me to the challenges that helps you make like 1 million in 12 minutes, though it can only be done 4 times a day (250k * 4). Bought my dream 9F and upgraded it fully (only up to 80 armor, not level 100 yet).

Going to do it again tomorrow and get an Adder, upgrade that. Then upgrade my apartment. If this is still good in 2 days I will buy a Buzzard.

Hip Hop

I really hate how it doesn't retry to connect you online after all these disconnections.

S/o to whoever linked me to the challenges that helps you make like 1 million in 12 minutes, though it can only be done 4 times a day (250k * 4). Bought my dream 9F and upgraded it fully (only up to 80 armor, not level 100 yet).

Going to do it again tomorrow and get an Adder, upgrade that. Then upgrade my apartment. If this is still good in 2 days I will buy a Buzzard.

WHAT CHALLENGE!!???

Tigress

Yea :( :( :( Felon GTs are the next easiest bet, aside from driving around looking for them gangs. And looking. And looking. I've yet to see one online, but I haven't been able to put a ton o time in obline.

Apparently though you can find modded cars all over now that are worth more than those gangster cars (according to Reddit anyways). I mean I don't know how common they are and their might not be a formula for finding them (then again it may just be that it's too early), but the payoff sounds worth it (some like 17k).

In a way if they aren't like finding a needle in a haystack I like this cause it makes it more of a challenge/game to find them rather than just grind work.

Tell-me-how-GIF.gif

Bollocks

dammit I fucked my character up

on PS3 she was a beauty, naturally but after importing her and seeing her face in HD, damn she's ugly.
Tried to recover her in the editor but in the process I made it even worse.

Thank god I can play in 1st person now.

Foffy

Banned
They claim it is supposed to transfer over . . . but it didn't. :-(
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...clusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on

Anyone successfully transfer over story mode special content from special edition and/or collector's edition?

That stuff unlocks for people who link their games through the Social Club. It has nothing to do with transferring the actual save data from previous gen to next gen. You get it by your Social Club account having last gen and next gen versions of the game linked to it.

The special and collectors edition content should be available for all vanilla copies of the next gen version, too. I do recall they said the plane time trials were available to all now, which was the biggest chunk of exclusive content beyond the vanilla version.

The only thing that can transfer is GTA Online's character system, as that involves cloud saves. The offline game has no cloud saves to speak of, and its internet access is only to one stock system influenced by the online game.

Senteevs

GTA Online on XBox One is a ghost town.
Went online yesterday for the first time but couldn't get higher than rank 3 because there was nobody to play with.

In case there is/will be a XBox One GTA V crew and somebody wants to play sometime: SenteevsLV (both gamertag and Social Club ID)

rObit

Banned
does the bad sport lobby still exist? guys kept trying to run me over and I blew up there cars and got several warnings but no dunce cap.

Think so, I just ran the tutorial and it explained all the good sport bad sport concepts so I assume it's all in there still.

I requested an invite to the crew with the same name as on here. Can't wait to actually get into this game as I barely touched it after the rocky launch last gen!

waypoetic

Banned
I decided to hold off a bit until the whole PS3 crew i'm so used to play with has the PS4 version. Ted, I'M LOOKING AT YOU BUDDY

Top Bottom