• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maplestory 2 Cinematic Trailer

Firehead

What made Maplestory... Maplestory was the whole 2D thing. Now? It's just a generic F2P MMO.
Too bad they didn't stick to 2D for this. blah.

Game is almost surely going to be nothing like this trailer. I hope it's good though, cause I really enjoyed MS back in the day and wouldn't hesitate to play another MMO.

solomon

It not being 2d is sort of sad, now its probably gonna look like dragon nest. Any way I'll still check it out just because its maple, but I stopped playing nexon f2p games a long time ago; they are never worth it unless you sink in a ton of money.

JordanN

Banned
Cool CG graphics...

...that the game wont ever look like unless it was on PS4 or PC's 10 years from now.

Astarte

Hoo boy, after spending ~$2000 on KMS and MS Global I thought I hit the limit. Now I want to try this game out...God dammit.

Mik2121

Hyperrealistic backgrounds with that kind of characters looks weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird... Also dubstep, lol.

Anyway, this could end up the same way as Ragnarok 2...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
those are some pretty interesting theif and warrior class types. hoping its not 2.5 d, but then again, this is nexon.

Meh, I was a fan of the first one back before it became a cashshopfest (Priest class, bruhhh). I'll try it, but I don't really care for cinematic trailers like this.

It always amazed me how this franchise and Starcraft were so much more popular in Korea than anywhere else. I guess its similar to how successful COD is in the states?

It always amazed me how this franchise and Starcraft were so much more popular in Korea than anywhere else. I guess its similar to how successful COD is in the states?

Well it's still doing ok in the states. Hard to say that for most mmos. It also and runescape are pretty much the guilty party of free 2 play games in the west.

NewGame

Banned
MapleStory was basically a chatroom where you occasionally push the spacebar before typing "STAY AWAY FROM MY MOBS" inbetween getting a nice hat or shoes.

The most boring and unimaginative game I've ever played. PVP miiiiight make it interesting.

Crayolan

If I've learned anything from Maplestory trailers it's that nothing in them is necessarily going to be in the game. I just I really hope they go back to the anime-style trailers, those were the best.
For the people mentioning PVP, it's pretty likely to be in the game since they have in it in Maple 1 (though it sucks).

JordanN

Banned
I haven't watched the video as yet but there's something weird about this statement.
The people who are normally interested in these types of games probably don't have computers more powerful than a dual core cpu and some very outdated budget card. Hence, you wont see standards (like getting those graphics in the CG) for mainstream PC users in likely 10 years or more.

As for PS4, yeah I expect certain visual effects to be possible on the console minus the massive rendering time needed for IQ, Geometry, physics etc.

Bishop89

Cool trailer, but ye.. maplestory appeal to me at least was it being 2d.

Used to play it a long long time ago and enjoyed it.

FYC

Banned
Sweet Jesus, I love that trailer.

Well it's still doing ok in the states. Hard to say that for most mmos. It also and runescape are pretty much the guilty party of free 2 play games in the west.

I believe Wizard101 is also very popular in the US.

Nudull

Banned
Looked like a generic French cartoon. It's been ages since I last played MS, but this certainly isn't grabbing me.

Ooh maple story the amount of grinding you needed to do post lvl 30 was just insane.
And going from lvl 65 to 93 on zombies only because of best exp+gold/hour was just insane.

Kouriozan

Ooh maple story the amount of grinding you needed to do post lvl 30 was just insane.
And going from lvl 65 to 93 on zombies only because of best exp+gold/hour was just insane.

And now you level so fast that you don't get enough money to upgrade your gears >.<

Hold on. Is the trailer suggesting that we spam more than 1,maybe 2 skills and that there is something to do besides farming? Pfff, MS has gotten convoluted these days.

seriously, all I remember about the game was holding shift.

Top Bottom