• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - |OT| The truth about 8.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I shelved this for a bit in favour of Project Diva f 2nd and I finally managed to get those 3 story related trophies that I forgot to sync with the server before resetting the vita. Anyway I finally reached the fight with
both X and Z Wizar
and got wrecked pretty quickly. Probably just need to upgrade my equipment or maybe I was just unlucky.

Yeah just upgrade your equipment if its looking like its sagging behind vs whats around you.

cj_iwakura

This teleporting room dungeon in the Babel Sphere makes Eridanus look like the first stratum of EO1, I don't even...

Not even the notes are much help.

As an aside, here's the PC version of the ghost helpers. Spoooky.

Q3P7IrL.jpg

dkoy

SO! I just defeated
Mula Lama edition
after defeating
Soul Rebirth and Eater
. And now I'm getting infinite rescue Hachi and defeat Unknown Variant
shitty variants summoned by Soul Rebirth
quests. I searched around and apparently this is the end? We don't visit
Tokyo Tower
? That's it? I'm kind of disappointed if that's true.

CrovaxPSO

SO! I just defeated
Mula Lama edition
after defeating
Soul Rebirth and Eater
. And now I'm getting infinite rescue Hachi and defeat Unknown Variant
shitty variants summoned by Soul Rebirth
quests. I searched around and apparently this is the end? We don't visit
Tokyo Tower
? That's it? I'm kind of disappointed if that's true.

Operation Babel has the tower as a location if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember for certain if it's the Tokyo Tower but I'm pretty sure it was. Called the Abyss Tower though.

Shizuka

Got back to this after finishing P4DAN and already got lots of misc trophies. I have to beat the Prince on post-game, but at the very last battle of those four ones in a row, the bosses just mop the floor with my party, my guess being that I finished the game with a low level (mostly because of the Muramasa).

I'm currently grinding and my party is at level 30. By the way, how do you "use" the level and kidnapping decoys? I bought them, but I can't equip them or use them on my characters. Also, I'm still stuck with not enough 1 Ton Codes for crafting the 10 Tons one, only have seven right now and the store doesn't have any more to purchase.

I'm currently grinding and my party is at level 30. By the way, how do you "use" the level and kidnapping decoys? I bought them, but I can't equip them or use them on my characters. Also, I'm still stuck with not enough 1 Ton Codes for crafting the 10 Tons one, only have seven right now and the store doesn't have any more to purchase.

If I recall correctly, the decoys get consumed automatically if you have them. Sometimes hard to notice it happening when you're blowing through the text but they should be working. As for the remaining 1 Ton codes, I think you should get the last of them as you go through or after you finish the Prince area. Then the last three should be in the shop or you can get more as random drops

Shizuka

If I recall correctly, the decoys get consumed automatically if you have them. Sometimes hard to notice it happening when you're blowing through the text but they should be working. As for the remaining 1 Ton codes, I think you should get the last of them as you go through or after you finish the Prince area. Then the last three should be in the shop or you can get more as random drops

Alright, beating the Prince got me 5 1 Ton Codes, more than enough for me to craft the 10 Ton Code and break the floor. Now I'm only missing two easy trophies (beating the last post-game boss and 3000 encounters) and two tricky ones (Muramasa and every Plug-In affix).

I already have MURAMASA and have been trying gamble codes on items from level 14 to 17, but no luck with Muramasa so far. Also, I suppose I'll also have to use gamble codes for the six Sources that can only be achieved through gamble codes or very rare drops on the last level. Does anyone have any tips on getting Muramasa (level 15) and the Plug-In Sources?

MikeyMike

Question about the Unity rating.

I have 3 Neutral and 3 Good characters and they're at the same lvl (always used the same team).

Why is the Unity rating different from one to the other? At some point, some had 110-115 while the 6th character was at 100 and now one of the other characters dropped to 100 after a random fight.

Anywhere I can find a good explanation about Unity rating?

Parakeetman

Question about the Unity rating.

I have 3 Neutral and 3 Good characters and they're at the same lvl (always used the same team).

Why is the Unity rating different from one to the other? At some point, some had 110-115 while the 6th character was at 100 and now one of the other characters dropped to 100 after a random fight.

Anywhere I can find a good explanation about Unity rating?

Not really, a quick search does not provide much useful information. Unless you are really into trying to max things out with stats crunching and whatnots, you can pretty much ignore the system otherwise as it is not so important that it would prevent you from beating the game.

MikeyMike

Not really, a quick search does not provide much useful information. Unless you are really into trying to max things out with stats crunching and whatnots, you can pretty much ignore the system otherwise as it is not so important that it would prevent you from beating the game.

About my problem, I noticed I had equipment with the U-Lock property -_-

Seems simple enough now that everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT : Nice OT by the way... learned a few useful tips from there!

Parakeetman

About my problem, I noticed I had equipment with the U-Lock property -_-

Seems simple enough now that everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT : Nice OT by the way... learned a few useful tips from there!

No problem, glad you enjoyed the OT!

pariah164

Apologies for the necro.

Recently started a new file. How do I make a Conjurer? She's not on the selection screen when I go to the Enlist section. Does the class unlock later on?

Ephidel

Tell me I won't need to farm keys ever, ever again after Babyl Sphere.
I never had to farm keys at all, I got enough from regular fights. If you have an Academic then once it learns Call Portal (which is... level 20ish? level 25? somewhere around then) you can port to any existing map square anyway so you can bypass all those doors that would otherwise need re-opening.

cj_iwakura

I never had to farm keys at all, I got enough from regular fights. If you have an Academic then once it learns Call Portal (which is... level 20ish? level 25? somewhere around then) you can port to any existing map square anyway so you can bypass all those doors that would otherwise need re-opening.

I haven't opened them at all yet, and still at a Level 15 cap. I need two more Babyl B keys, I think, which is ten Babyl As.

cj_iwakura

Phew, semester 2 started. (If you're wondering why I'm late at this, it's because I decided I had to finish this before playing SoSC, way too similar.)

That S1 boss was no joke.

Ephidel

I'm assuming the last one you completed was New Hazard Investigation?

I think after that you had to complete some stuff in the development lab? Maybe the one where you have to turn in the items they ask for ~10 times?
Then the next Key Mission should be Information Protection where you have to talk to people in various places. I think after all the talking you have to finish it up by
going to the Eastern Sewers, and an event triggers in one of the little square rooms you pass through if you head towards the south side/stairs?
... I could be wrong on that last bit, I can't quite recall :|

cj_iwakura

I'm assuming the last one you completed was New Hazard Investigation?

I think after that you had to complete some stuff in the development lab? Maybe the one where you have to turn in the items they ask for ~10 times?
Then the next Key Mission should be Information Protection where you have to talk to people in various places. I think after all the talking you have to finish it up by
going to the Eastern Sewers, and an event triggers in one of the little square rooms you pass through if you head towards the south side/stairs?
... I could be wrong on that last bit, I can't quite recall :|
That's a mandatory side quest? Blech.

So is the original PC version of this or the Vita version considered better? Admittedly I'm a sucker for old Japanese PC aesthetics which is why I'm asking, but if the Vita version makes enough QOL improvements without sacrificing atmosphere I'll just go for that.

Been meaning to give this a shot for a long while now. I've heard the story's not great but something about it thematically has me really interested.

cj_iwakura

So is the original PC version of this or the Vita version considered better? Admittedly I'm a sucker for old Japanese PC aesthetics which is why I'm asking, but if the Vita version makes enough QOL improvements without sacrificing atmosphere I'll just go for that.

Been meaning to give this a shot for a long while now. I've heard the story's not great but something about it thematically has me really interested.

The Vita QOL improvements are massive. The original is a slog, and honestly kind of ugly in comparison. But you can always try out the demo of the PC one.

The Vita QOL improvements are massive. The original is a slog, and honestly kind of ugly in comparison. But you can always try out the demo of the PC one.

Sounds good to me, thanks! I'll get it on Vita then - will just give the PC version a go at a later point if I get into it enough.

cj_iwakura

And yeah, the story's really not great, I had high hopes, but it's pretty much Generic Anime DRPG. The setting is different, but Experience are mostly notable for making extremely polished DRPGs. They have making the mechanics fun down to a science.

Parakeetman

There literally is no reason to play the PC original PC ver unless you want to see what the initial artwork looked like.

Vita version is an all in 1 package for the first 2 games and with some very slight improvements. Babel which has not come out in the West yet they put a lot more effort into improving that one even further.

Only real odd thing with the localized vita ver is how they moved around help text. The game itself too kept the whole level cap for how the game is split into 2 halves. Just like the PC ver which was 3 parts. But asides from that overall most other things should not be much of an issue. Also the Vita ver is dub only which was something else some folks were not happy about apparently.

If you dont care about playing a game in Japanese or more like can play a game in Japanese due to understanding the language and like the original art just pick up the Vita version of Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate. Though that is the final game in the series as all that takes place in CB happens after the first 3 GX games. CBIU is filled with content though thats for sure, best one out of the series. As it should be considering its the last title they made within the universe.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00JX9JLWC/

Also in Japan they had released an abyss / babel double pack which is basically the 2games just repackaged with a cardboard sleeve over them. So inside of that its still the standard vita cases for both titles. Its around 40 bucks.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B019W9MA2U/

Not sure if amazon does shipping to the US with these as I have no way of testing that out here, but from what I hear with other folks that have been ordering random stuff from the West from Amazon JP is that it seems a lot of titles are good to go with international orders. Even ones that were previously not available have been made available. Which leads me to wonder if all of this stuff is done by hand so to speak rather than a blanket switch that is flipped.

Ephidel

If you dont care about playing a game in Japanese or more like can play a game in Japanese due to understanding the language and like the original art just pick up the Vita version of Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate. Though that is the final game in the series as all that takes place in CB happens after the first 3 GX games. CBIU is filled with content though thats for sure, best one out of the series. As it should be considering its the last title they made within the universe.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00JX9JLWC/

Also in Japan they had released an abyss / babel double pack which is basically the 2games just repackaged with a cardboard sleeve over them. So inside of that its still the standard vita cases for both titles. Its around 40 bucks.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B019W9MA2U/

Not sure if amazon does shipping to the US with these as I have no way of testing that out here, but from what I hear with other folks that have been ordering random stuff from the West from Amazon JP is that it seems a lot of titles are good to go with international orders. Even ones that were previously not available have been made available. Which leads me to wonder if all of this stuff is done by hand so to speak rather than a blanket switch that is flipped.

The Abyss/Babel double pack should be buyable, because I bought that. Granted, to the UK/EU rather than to the US, but still. The Cross Blood varieties weren't last time I checked, because they're mostly sold by secondary sellers.
For international shipping things usually have to be bought from Amazon itself and at this stage most stuff (or at least, most stuff I look for) seems to work, though I still stumble across the odd thing that won't. Because of that some things work out slightly more expensive though, because even the "fulfilled by Amazon" stuff doesn't work, it does have to be Amazon itself -- so at the moment it costs the same to buy the Abyss/Babel pack as it does to buy Babel on it's own. When I bought it, the double pack was actually cheaper ^^;

Parakeetman

The Abyss/Babel double pack should be buyable, because I bought that. Granted, to the UK/EU rather than to the US, but still. The Cross Blood varieties weren't last time I checked, because they're mostly sold by secondary sellers.
For international shipping things usually have to be bought from Amazon itself and at this stage most stuff (or at least, most stuff I look for) seems to work, though I still stumble across the odd thing that won't. Because of that some things work out slightly more expensive though, because even the "fulfilled by Amazon" stuff doesn't work, it does have to be Amazon itself -- so at the moment it costs the same to buy the Abyss/Babel pack as it does to buy Babel on it's own. When I bought it, the double pack was actually cheaper ^^;

Yeah there have been some stuff that was by amazon which initially was not available only to be made available later when checked again a few weeks later. A friend was looking into some things that he was not able to pick up last time he was here so was testing stuff back home with amazon japan after they did the announcement.

Does seem that the double pack is the way to go if you want both games the JP version anyways as like you said the price was pretty affordable with it.

I actually didnt pick it up as would make having 3 copies of both abyss and babel. As have the standard & LEs of both lol

Did like the box design though as the combination of the artwork was pretty cool.

cj_iwakura

I'm at the
Administrator unveiling
mission(after the cemetery). How far from the end of the game am I? Kind of want to move on to Cold Steel before the sequel drops...

Ephidel

I stopped playing just after the subway event when I was first going through the game, and after I restarted it took me a couple of weeks to get from there to plot-completion (and then another few days to mop up the Muramasa and Veteran Xth trophies to get the platinum) but that's probably not overly helpful as my playtime tends to be a little erratic.
Looking at my save from just after I got the platinum my time played clocks in at 79 hours. I didn't exactly rush, and that would, of course, ignore a bit of the save-scumming I did to get the (type of item)
source affixes
for Affix Aficionado.

Ephidel

I did all of the Code Gathering at once, so it never became an issue for me later that I hadn't completed it.
Offhand I can't recall any other hangups either. What was the last mission you completed and I'll see if I can remember anything.

cj_iwakura

I did all of the Code Gathering at once, so it never became an issue for me later that I hadn't completed it.
Offhand I can't recall any other hangups either. What was the last mission you completed and I'll see if I can remember anything.

The Administrator, and
fighting X-Wizar(2) at the subway.

Ephidel

Is that the one in (location/gimmick)
the subway with all the warp squares
?
I think (encounter you mention in spoilers above)
X-Wizar
was the event at
, so did you do the event at
as well?

That should get you a genome iirc.

After that I think you end up with Sprawl-Terror Sleuthing, where you go back to the (location)
Cemetery
and that genome works as a key to some of the locked doors that lead
underground

cj_iwakura

Is that the one in (location/gimmick)
the subway with all the warp squares
?
I think (encounter you mention in spoilers above)
X-Wizar
was the event at
, so did you do the event at
as well?

That should get you a genome iirc.

After that I think you end up with Sprawl-Terror Sleuthing, where you go back to the (location)
Cemetery
and that genome works as a key to some of the locked doors that lead
underground
Yep, did all that. Mission resolved. And nothing new afterward.

Ephidel

Yep, did all that. Mission resolved. And nothing new afterward.
So you've done Sprawl Sleuthing?

In that case it's probably side mission check-off time.
Have you done New Member Training at least once, and have you done the Special Makeup Lecture?

If no, do those and see if it triggers anything.

If you've already done that and it hasn't, I'd suggest checking to see if you've done Seek the Unknown Variant.

If you haven't you might need to do New Member Training again to get it to show up, iirc they're both repeatables and one triggers the other. And silly though it may sound, if that doesn't work, try doing NMT again -- I remember it having several versions, so maybe it's a particular one you need to see? *shrugs*

... You're basically looking for the mission
Infiltrate Sakura TV
to show up. That's the next plot-y one.

cj_iwakura

So you've done Sprawl Sleuthing?

In that case it's probably side mission check-off time.
Have you done New Member Training at least once, and have you done the Special Makeup Lecture?

If no, do those and see if it triggers anything.

If you've already done that and it hasn't, I'd suggest checking to see if you've done Seek the Unknown Variant.

If you haven't you might need to do New Member Training again to get it to show up, iirc they're both repeatables and one triggers the other. And silly though it may sound, if that doesn't work, try doing NMT again -- I remember it having several versions, so maybe it's a particular one you need to see? *shrugs*

... You're basically looking for the mission
Infiltrate Sakura TV
to show up. That's the next plot-y one.
Haven't seen the Sakura one yet, or sprawl sleuthing. Says the cemetery is restricted if I try to go underground.

Don't you get a companion around that time that you need to take to various places and interact with them? Or maybe it was a bit later for that.

I don't remember having that much trouble after that part, but the Cemetery Underground is off limits until a bit later in the story, at least the western entrance.

I remember doing the New Member and Unknown Variant missions two or three times before getting the next mission for whatever reason.

cj_iwakura

Don't you get a companion around that time that you need to take to various places and interact with them? Or maybe it was a bit later for that.

I don't remember having that much trouble after that part, but the Cemetery Underground is off limits until a bit later in the story, at least the western entrance.

I remember doing the New Member and Unknown Variant missions two or three times before getting the next mission for whatever reason.
Yep, I've taken her everywhere I can.

Ephidel

Haven't seen the Sakura one yet, or sprawl sleuthing. Says the cemetery is restricted if I try to go underground.
I was thinking of the door in the Eastern section, the one at (co-ords)
Yep, I've taken her everywhere I can.
Have you taken her to each place multiple times, just in case there are multiple things that can happen in locations?
(I can't remember if there is, at this point I'm just wildly flailing hoping to hit an answer)

At a loss for all other options: Search the Babel Sphere should have taken you to C3, right? Did you defeat Muvo Ω Pyroman while you were there?
I can't think of any reason that would be a trigger for anything, but looking at my mission list it's the only other thing I can think of that I probably did around then atm. I don't have any back-track saves, so I can't go back and check myself.

(You have done the Lethal Code thing to get the Rocketman gloves, right? That would have unlocked way before all this though. I did it early because yey, rocket gloves for my monk. I guess if you don't have a monk it might not have been a priority).

Edit: I might not have any back-track saves but I do take ridiculous amounts of screenshots.
Checking my screenshots from back then they go from (the fight you mention before)
X-Wizar
chatter
EXSCCWf.jpg
eGXFmZA.jpg
and subsequent instructions.
To something Kanzaki said
To the Development Lab
To a chat with
Masa
6dqe2YZ.jpg
BBjsnhx.jpg
To New Member Training
To the Special Makeup Lecture (or well, I think that's what this chat pre-empts)
To the Cemetery
And a fight there
To Sakura TV.

... So yeah, pretty much what I already said, although it looks like maybe I got the order wrong as New Member Training and the Lecture seem to come before the Cemetery whereas I thought they came after. I don't really know what else to suggest :(

cj_iwakura

I've never seen the new member training event. I haven't defeated the option boss at he Abyss, maybe that's it. (It was not a pretty fight)

I think you don't need to defeat the Muvo Pyroman Variant, I didn't and proceeded with the story easily.

Also, I have a question, I'm at the part where I need to
invade the geomatrix
. Is this near the end of the game?

cj_iwakura

Could use a nudge in a new story quest.... (Please tell me I'm near the end of the game)

Defend The Babyl Sphere: can't seem to find any way to get to Sector C6.

Top Bottom