• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Hasney

he removed it! thank black jesus

running.gif

Priz

I liked what I saw of the OPPO Speed 8 but no US LTE bands so... still using my Oneplus One, wondering what we'll see at I/O and the June Oneplus announcements...

Today I realized I missed the Super VOOC announcement at MWC -
http://community.oppo.com/en/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44188&page=1&extra=#pid527117
"a battery of 2500mAh can be fully charged with Super VOOC Flash Charge in just 15 minutes."

Now I see their Find 9 announcing in June will possibly have that - http://pocketnow.com/2016/05/16/is-super-vooc-on-the-oppo-find-9
Reading that, I also see that Oneplus has their own possible fast charging announcement to rival Qualcomm's QC3.0 - Dash Charge. Maybe it's just OPs rebadged name for QC3 or VOOC... but...

My mom recently got an iPad mini 4 and it's been crazy watching her struggle to use an iOS device again. She didn't have anywhere near this much trouble switching from an iPhone to a moto X.

Anyway, the mini 4 battery life is gotdamn amazing. And I realized I want both an Android and iOS tablet now. iPad for games that don't come to Android and Android tab for everything else. This ecosystem lock in is legit. Not being able to access any of my purchased apps and whatnot would be turrible. Keyboards (1st and third party are also hot garbage on iOS).

Tuga has been crashing a lot, so gotta Czech this out.
Yeah, same here. And it was so good until the last few builds.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Quasar

Nice to see youtube red enabled in Australia and right before my free google music trial expired. With this extra value I'll let the sub roll on.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Thank goodness the RSBrowser back button behavior is fixed. Finally. Finally.

Let's be real here. The s7 active doesn't look any worse than half the cases people put on their iPhones and galaxies. Now the ugly case is just free with the phone!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Alright it's Google Eve

So two questions just respond with your #s

#1 Scale 1-10 How hyped are you for i/o
#2 Scale 1-10 that Google will actually deliver tomorrow

Alright it's Google Eve

Fucking hyped for the new Xiaomi/Google Android TV box more than anything. What a surprise.

Hopefully it won't be too gaming focused like the Shield so it can be a direct competitor to Apple TV/ Fire TV

Jigolo

Cool just got a few updates and got the new keyboard. Just realized I/O lands on update Wednesday; I expect a few significant updates to assume Google apps.

The new keyboard is dope. Mid short, baby

Alright it's Google Eve

3 is kind of generous. Google will do their typical thing of showing off their latest hobby that will go nowhere or bomb. Gloss over things I care about, then give the audience free shit.

Got meetings all day tomorrow but hoping to come back to something interesting.

Bboy AJ

IO is generally a bunch of pipe dreams that never come true. It's really shameful and demonstrates tremendous lack of focus. I would never want to work there. It is embarrassing.

It's fantastic to test these things internally. But Google trots this half baked garbage out like it's something to be proud about. You lose customer confidence. I'd never buy a long term Google product in its infancy, like Home or Auto. You'd be stuck with a stillborn product that's going to be EOL'd in a year, tops. TV is kind of ok if it isn't built into the TV since it is easily replaced. But stuff like a car or home automation? No way.

I hope Google introduces a new, open wireless audio standard to inevitably replace 3.5mm. I'd be over the moon.

3 is kind of generous. Google will do their typical thing of showing off their latest hobby that will go nowhere or bomb. Gloss over things I care about, then give the audience free shit.

Got meetings all day tomorrow but hoping to come back to something interesting.

We've already learned they are announcing a new streaming box, vr headset, and an echo competitor at a software event that rarely gets hardware. I'd say way higher than a 3. The only thing that's disappointing imo is the new spaces instead of a true imessage competitor.

IO is generally a bunch of pipe dreams that never come true. It's really shameful and demonstrates tremendous lack of focus. I would never want to work there. It is embarrassing.

It's fantastic to test these things internally. But Google trots this half baked garbage out like it's something to be proud about. You lose customer confidence. I'd never buy a long term Google product in its infancy, like Home or Auto. You'd be stuck with a stillborn product that's going to be EOL'd in a year, tops. TV is kind of ok if it isn't built into the TV since it is easily replaced. But stuff like a car or home automation? No way.
a lot of companies do that these days because they are devoid of actual good products to ship.

and I swear if they mention bots tomorrow as much as MS did....good lord.

We've already learned they are announcing a new streaming box, Nexus headset, and an echo competitor at a software event that rarely gets hardware. I'd say way higher than a 3. The only thing that's disappointing software is spaces instead of a true imessage competitor.
of all those only the streaming box sounds kind of interesting to me. The rest is whatever. Will be some overpriced/clunky shit that is US only or obscenely priced or something.

of all those only the streaming box sounds kind of interesting to me. The rest is whatever. Will be some overpriced/clunky shit that is US only or obscenely priced or something.

Too you maybe. Do you even remember last year's I/O? It was a snorefest in comparison. Regardless you are already done with Android.

Too you maybe. Do you even remember last year's I/O? It was a snorefest in comparison. Regardless you are already done with Android.
I don't remember it at all lol

I wouldn't say I'm done. Just searching for my next android product at this point. The box might be up my alley. Will have to see.

I just wish they didn't feel like they had to compete with everyone on everything. Just nail down the core. Android software, release an android phone, and maybe 1 other core product.

Vanillalite

Box sounds interesting but ever since we got our new TV a month or so ago the family has taken to just using the built in apps.

Honestly if it had WatchESPN I'd be set. Kids already know how to load up the kids Netflix to watch shit, and HBO Go works fine. I use my Chromecast basically only when I rent movies now. Then we use the PS4 for BRs.

Need the box to be more than just the same few streaming apps.

We've already learned they are announcing a new streaming box, vr headset, and an echo competitor at a software event that rarely gets hardware. I'd say way higher than a 3. The only thing that's disappointing imo is the new spaces instead of a true imessage competitor.
You can't 'compete with iMessage' without screwing up SMS.

It's not possible.

If Apple hasn't nailed it in 5 years, nobody can.

Box sounds interesting but ever since we got our new TV a month or so ago the family has taken to just using the built in apps.

Honestly if it had WatchESPN I'd be set. Kids already know how to load up the kids Netflix to watch shit, and HBO Go works fine. I use my Chromecast basically only when I rent movies now. Then we use the PS4 for BRs.

Need the box to be more than just the same few streaming apps.

Which set? Android TV coincidentally got Watch ESPN today so if its a newer Sony or Sharp you're good to go.

Vanillalite

They already have Netflix, HBO, Amazon, and Hulu. So really the only thing they are missing is ESPN lol

Oh well I can live. We are switching up our telecom provider anyways when we get back from beach vacation in like 2 weeks. So I'll have decent cable TV again anyways.

Quasar

Alright it's Google Eve

Probably 7 for both.

But then I'm always hyped for IO. As for 2, for that all they need to do is have me walk away saying 'theres some cool new shit'. ATAP alone can do that as they did last year.

Low powered VR I'm not really interested in given bleeding edge pcs with Vive aren't even there yet. Though maybe I'd feel better with a dual 1080 Vive setup.

On the other hand I imagine I'll be bummed about them not advancing my hobby horses enough or at all (such as androidTV, androidWear, and googleFit).The fit thing especially. I'm really wanting google to push forward with googleFit and the health aspects of android like apple is trying with healthKit etc.

Jzero

I'm just hyped for the chirpy chirp. I'm too broke to upgrade my 6P.

Not sure if this is in jest or not, but Doze actually works extremely well in Marsh

It only works when i put it on a table. If i leave it on the carpet or on the couch it never activates

Top Bottom