• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible MGSV Details Leaked - Boss Battle, GZ Cliffhangar, and RELEASE Info

Palpable

A poster on 4chan claiming to be 1 of 20 employee's at the Konami California branch that has been fired and is now answering questions about the game. He claims to be an MGS fan and therefore will not spoil the ending. However, details about the Ground Zeroes ending, release date announcement, and boss battles have been told.

Release info: Leaker claims that the release date will be the end of this year (hard to believe). The game is 80% finished and AI had a lot to due with the game being delayed. The release date will be announced at TGS 2014.

Quick summary - Main story spoilers are SPOILER TAGGED. Minor/gameplay bits are not:

• Vehicle boss battles return - are minor and easier than in Peace Walker
  • Chico is NOT Quiet
  • Punished Snake and Venom Snake are Big Boss. Gray Fox is NOT Big Boss
  • Main boss battles (as in HUMAN bosses) can feel disappointing - you can exit the battlefield or be extracted via heli
  • New character: Ham. Weapons expert. Black dude, fat. Leaker says most of his dialog is dumb considering the weapons in the game are all fictional. He's a codec contact
  • Companions - Certain missions allow for you to choose a companion and Ocelot can be one. Leaker claims Ocelot is awesome and steals the show
  • Big Boss becomes a demon (figuratively...) when
    he hijacks a missile and destroys a village in Africa that has civilians there, just to get his target
    - Not sure on the details, didn't read the whole spoiler in the source.
  • Skull Face was rescued by Big Boss and The Boss in the past. Ishmael isn't real.
  • Mother Base paints can be found throughout the game world
  • The hospital scene is a total ruse. Camera angles we've seen so far are meant to confuse us. It apparently details the Big Boss and The Boss rescue of Skull Face. I'm confused by this if true, but it goes in line with what we have seen so far to be meant to confuse us!
    - This shit seems off.
  • The GZ ending crash wasn't a crash at all. They landed on a nearby island and got surrounded by Skull Face and XOF soldiers. Skull Face slits Chico's throat in front of Big Boss.
  • Quiet is a former Soviet soldier, is raped by the Soviets, rescued by Boss, and later raped in Mother Base. Big Boss kills the offending soldier.
  • Code Talker is The Boss' father. The bit about her father dying that The Boss mentions in MGS3 will be explained

I have not read every single spoiler in this. I don't want to be totally spoiled.

SOURCE

Take it all with a grain of salt.

Chico is Quiet me if old.

EDIT: This is likely fake, as his Konami keychain in his 'proof' pic is Chinese made and can be purchased on Amazon.

Slowdive

Banned
Coming out this year!? I want this to be true but I find it a bit hard to believe.

Here's the guy's "proof" btw.

aJfwEa6.jpg

On the one hand, I really want to read those spoiler tags

On the other hand it's probably fake. Still not gonna risk it.

Assuming it's real: did he say if the PC version will release at the same time?

JoJoSono

Banned
Vehicle boss battles? Why? They are terrible. Give me back awesome boss characters not helicopters. Though I'm sure human boss battles are back. It would be nice if the TGS trailer revealed the Boss group.

Either way if they aren't as frequent and easier then no problem. Not like this game is a co-op focuses game like PW, which was the source of the problem in that game.

The rest of the details aren't really that exciting.

The Chico is Quiet thing always seemed stupid and I never believed in it. It was always clear she was going to be raped to. Kojima's idea of serious storytelling with females is to resort to the fact that they are female. He simply lacks the storytelling ability to do anything else. I will feel much shame? No Kojima because this was the most obvious thing you could have done.

Seemed Skull face would have a less antagonistic relationship after E3 trailer.

Code Talker being the Bosses father seems like a dumb pointless retcon. Then again, it's pretty typical. All the Big Boss games do is offer pointless retcons to that game. Though, can't really judge it since the context is unknown. Could be good. Could be stupid. Probably will be pointless.

Except for a 2014 release which sounds kind of impossible.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
His name is Ham?

gdt

Not clicking tags nope.

No way this comes out this year. It's too late for it to do so. I'm guessing March.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
If true, that last spoiler will easily spur a 100 page thread. Oh boy.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
The hospital scene is a total ruse. Camera angles we've seen so far are meant to confuse us. It apparently details the Big Boss and The Boss rescue of Skull Face

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Village

Wow.

... is every important female character put in this game going to be sexually assaulted multiple times?

Also Black dude named HAM. Love it, we already know .

Top Bottom