• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Are there benefits to the consecutive login besides the 7-day 10k gold and 2 free PAL rolls (and the larger number)?

I thought all the worthwhile bonuses like the stones and 1000-day Tama and such were cumulative bonuses.

I didn't know that. I guess I'll stop being emo. Still irritated tho. I'm going to miss out on a week's worth of daily shit with PCGF coming up. They're basically showering us with free stones.

Aesnath

I didn't know that. I guess I'll stop being emo. Still irritated tho. I'm going to miss out on a week's worth of daily shit with PCGF coming up. They're basically showering us with free stones.

On the bright side, PCGF still has a fairly large chance of sucking. This will save you the trouble of dealing with it.

Here's to hoping this goes faster for you than it did for us. We didn't have the secret number and it took me a day to find the receipt for the IAP, so we weren't exactly ideal.

Yeah PadGuide is showing just the 7-day max consecutive login bonus, and the cumulative one is the free stones every 50 days + bonuses at one month, one year, and 1000 days (memorial tama)

I'm doubtful the PCGF will be much better than the last one (almost assuredly at least somewhat better, though)

With all the goodness my box has, even a single Indra would do so so so much for getting through the radar dragons for my first A3 clear. Susano is just not enough. Alternatively, I need a fire resist latent dungeon to come around :(

Quantum

Mishap with my new iphone today and my PAD account is now RIP. Hope Gung Ho's customer service is on point otherwise it's going to be suicide watch time for ol' LiQuid!

I've had THREE occasions where I've blown up my account, two where I've needed to contact Gungho support.

the first time (at least 3 years ago) took over a month of constant pestering, the second time (about six months ago) I was restored within 3 business days.

things to know so you don't go nuts:

1) Gungho will answer you once a day - The e-mail I would receive was at 3:30 am est, it was ALWAYS a form letter with nonsense information and maybe 4 words that actually pertain to your account.
2) If you spend money and have your secret code jump through the hoops and answer the questions you are asked - if everything does not go smoothly you might want to make a text file with the questions answered as I was asked the same information countless times.
3) They do not answer over the weekend - don't expect an answer until Monday (tech support appears to be controlled via JPN, so unless something has changed you should get an answer ~3.30 am Sunday EST (4.30pm JPN)).
4) stay positive - a few people have lost their accounts but the VAST majority are able to get their accounts back.

Maybe not helpful:
I maintain a physical backup of my iphone - not cloud based. Restorations I've done from physical backups have worked restoring my account - check your itunes settings and see if a physical backup was made and try to restore from it.

W-00

So when is the PCGF?

Most likely next Tuesday/Wednesday as the end-of-month GF.

I was disappointed when I realized that - I'd been thinking it would be this weekend. But that's mostly because I'm eager to know what is in it. Just a few more days to wait...

W-00

The stream kept freezing for me, so I was only able to watch a few seconds here and there. Sounds like there were no viewer-exclusive rewards?

Four 6* cards in the PCGF top ten results (Fujin, DKali, Sima Yi, and Diaochan). Apparently they only announced the top ten? I'm not pleased about Anubis (main has two), but any of the others would be good to have.

EDIT: Oooh, and there will be a Rank 50 roll during PCGF!

b33r

Yeah they didn't announce the next fifteen... I would love a sima yi, one of the best active in the game. Also really want a kush, sold the one i had long ago :(. But pc godfest have been awful to me every time.

pNBtbDz.png

r7vlXNZ.png

Pqv8K3T.png

krj4D7k.png

Bottom 15 is quite good

whoa, this is a way better and more diverse lineup than last time

I really only care about Indra and Fujin and therefore will likely not roll much, but Diaochan, Ganesha, Ra or Andro or Orochi dupes... there's some good there.

Also I have 155 friends and ONE of them has a non-maxed Reincarnated Astaroth up, I hope the game funnels more my way if I start using the team :(

W-00

Only 8/25 are 6* cards, and two of those aren't GFEs. That's shockingly good. I'm disappointed to see Raijin in there, but I guess Radra teams really want her as an inherit. 5x rates should at least be good for the 5* cards,

My main would like 12-14 of the cards that made it in. My alt would like 18 of them. That would theoretically give each account a good shot at getting something it wants, but six of the desired cards on each account are 6* (I could find a use for everyone but DKali and Raijin), which lowers the odds considerably. I'll still give it a few rolls on each account, but I have the feeling that my alt will probably be rolling considerably more than my main.

Bladelaw

whoa, this is a way better and more diverse lineup than last time

I really only care about Indra and Fujin and therefore will likely not roll much, but Diaochan, Ganesha, Ra or Andro or Orochi dupes... there's some good there.

Also I have 155 friends and ONE of them has a non-maxed Reincarnated Astaroth up, I hope the game funnels more my way if I start using the team :(

If you want I can put her up, mines hyper with Ras inherit i think, just let me know.

jiggle

Surprised ryune didn't get in

My alt will be chasing its first haku and ilm
Nothing I really want for main other than more ilms lol

yami4ct

One of the better PCGF I've seen. Really good mix of some nice utility 6*s to chase, but also an awesome set of non 6*s to fill the pack. Honestly no complaints at all here. Very willingly going to throw all my stockpiled stones at it.

My only surprise is Diaochan getting so high. She's a nice card to be sure, but there are a lot of cards out now that fill her role like 90% as well. It's not like Fujin who is still relatively unique in her utility.

If you want I can put her up, mines hyper with Ras inherit i think, just let me know.

nah, I'm fine, thanks... just surprised that a somewhat meta leader is nowhere on my friend's list. Might be the restrictive sub pool. I'm not done with the team yet (still need to finish the subs) but I just wanted to take it for a spin.

Bladelaw

So as a side project I've been working on a solo Noctis Coliseum team. I think I've got it down minus the Machine Killer Latents. Here's the team and why:

Noctis (RHades): Noctis is obvious, Hades inherit is better than my other gravity options because the extra time to combo should make Orpharion a bit easier to work with.

Dark Knight Cecil (Anaphon): Good stats, favorable board change (hearts help with stalling) Dark resist awakenings help with the nastier spawns and aid in stalling out the dark absorb on MHera. Anaphon inherit is almost 100% for stats. The board change and haste can be invaluable but it's no burst.

Dark Knight Cecil (Lumiel): as above, Lumiel is my solution to either the Tans or the Pys if I break the tans defense.

D/B Okuni (Orochi): High HP good attack and 2 TPAs to balance out damage, the finger and Skill boosts help in the opening to get actives up in case of emergency. Orochi is for things like Deightros, the puppets, and other nasty spawns.

Khepri (Nothing): She's the lynchpin to solving the Mech Zeus problem. And the Alnair problem, and pretty much any other combo shield problem. For Orpharion the plan is combo enough to drop it to almost 50%, pop Khepri, then RHades, then kill its ass dead.

Noctis (Facet): Facet should be obvious, kill the Machine God, then stall up and use it to kill Orpharion. Might be needed vs Deightros too but it's rarely been an issue.

Latents are 3 SDR and 1 machine killer on all but Khepri who gets 5 SDR. I'm presently lacking machine killers though to finish the job. Sheen would be a better burst (plus stats too) but my alt has Facet and the burst is still enough to get the job done where it needs to. If my alt pulls hades or sheen then I'll be swapping things around to make Sheen my burst (13 TE vs 10 TPA).

Too bad split Verdandi loses her time extend. Would be funny to see Revo Haku lose her place as top Revo Kushi sub after all the hype. Follow up attack and heart generation still makes her a very good alternative/flex sub though.

Heart pierce isn't too compatible with Kush due to how badly it messes with board buildability, plus Kush has very precise damage control to beat out most resolve situations. I could see Verdandi as a pocket sub in those other situations, though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
15 snow globes was pretty nice this morning, I spent my entire lunch break leveling characters.

Awesome, missing 15 snow globes while my account is trashed! Nice game, Gung Ho!

ed: I just realized that my main account isn't even showing up as a BFF on my alt... How the FUCK did my account get apparently fully deleted?! God this sucks.

Quantum

Awesome, missing 15 snow globes while my account is trashed! Nice game, Gung Ho!

ed: I just realized that my main account isn't even showing up as a BFF on my alt... How the FUCK did my account get apparently fully deleted?! God this sucks.

list by played, it should still be there - even BFF drops off active after 24 hours not played.

LiQuid!

list by played, it should still be there - even BFF drops off active after 24 hours not played.

You right, I see it. Still sick to my stomach over these fucking snow globes. Missing at least 5 stones and 15 snow globes over this shit.

Quantum

just got to reading the notes - I'm really confused.

the callers have all broken their typing - blonia a healer?
-loosing RCV mult for HP but then type change makes old+ new pairing more difficult unless same color dragon.

lots to think about.

bjork

I beat all of the Devil Challenge 2 fights, hadn't been able to clear that kind of stuff before. Julie as a friend captain is pretty great, I'm tempted to run with my Julie as a captain too instead of Meri, but I don't think the damage gets as high?

hermit7

With all the new Ults that got released am I the only person that would like awoken valks?

Aside from the fact that I have all of them, I think they are good now, but all these things are coming out and kind of surpassing them.

I am not sure how they could be better (more awakenings, different types etc.) but they kind of just sit around right now in my box and don't do anything.

Bladelaw

Those Rag Drag mats are nuts.

I'm working on it now so I can just evo them right away. I'm trying to carry my alt through Mathena twice. I have access to Fujin so it's really just a matter of getting to Mathena, pop a board, burst and Fujin and repeat.

J0dy77

I'm excited about some of these evos, especially the ganesha, urd and verdandi. The exciting thing is that verdandi got the healer sub type. Interesting to see if Kush will still be top tier when we get her and how mono green will work.

Blue Sonia is suddenly a great leader when paired with herself, if I'm understanding correctly it's basically a blue ReAstaroth :eek:

And a sub pool that includes Sarasvati, Andromeda, Ryune, Julie, Sumire, Gabriel, etc... I'm glad I have 4. Please don't make us wait until October :(

yami4ct

Absolutely incredibly PCGF for me.

e0iRI6g.jpg

Everything in the bottom part of this image below the globe dragons are from this fest.

New and noteworthy:
Sima Yi (great Aizen sub)
Fujin (Most wanted card in the game for me. Holy shit so happy)
Ganesha (always good to have the gold/exp farmer)

On the dupe end, can never be too angry about more Hydras. Maybe a second Kush will be useful one day. DQXQ has a really nice ability that I can see wanting more of in the future. Most importantly, got my third and fourth Hakus. Third lets me perfect my current Kush team. Fourth will give me the option to run the full suite.

Man. I used all my pad luck for the year.

jiggle

Alt:
Amaterasu - free
Haku!!!!!
Persephone #2
D.Kali #2
Isis #5
Persephone #3
Trash
Raijin!!!
Trash
Leonis trash
Beast rider trash
Arcline trash

Main:
Lemon dragon - free lol
Creuse dupe trash
Pandora!!!
Lumiel!!!
Trash
Isis #4
Kushi!!!!
Indra!!!!!
Ganesha #3
Trash
Pandora #2
Trash

Pretty amazing pcgf compared to before
Got Haku on alt that i wanted but no Ilm

W-00

I played BOTW for too long and ended up being awake when PCGF started.

Alt:
Sima Yi! (free roll)
Lie Bei (third)
Cao Cao (I actually wanted him, so I'm happy about this)
Diadem (There might be a use for him)
Andromeda (third)
Fuu
Ur-Chimera

Main:
Andromeda (third, free roll)
Ooh, a diamond egg! Oh, evolved GValk. At least I didn't have her.
Leilan (second)
Jize (dupe)
Liu Bei (fourth)
Diamond egg! Oh, evolved Fuma Kotaro. Dupe.
Shedar (third)

Each account still has stones for a few rolls, but I seem to have used up my luck for now on my alt. And Leilan, I suppose.

Zombine

Banned
Pulled my fourth Haku. Do I stick with 3 on my Dark Athena team or include this too?

My pulls have been OK. Got monsters I don't have which are nice:

Haku
Sima Yi
Sheen
Shotel (WHY)
Viper Orochi (Finally!)
Vajrayaksa

And some crap I fed to Sima Yi. I have 10 stones coming up today as well.

Quantum

main:

free leilan (7th)
- melon dragon (WTF)
- liu bei (countless)
- Hanzo (4th)
- exa-hydra (third)

alt:

free umisachi (wtf?>multiple)
- Fuu (???)
- loki
- yomi

that really sucked for me - was considering $ but no way.

I can't complain about the godfest so far. Had 6 rolls on each account including the free roll.

Main got Ilm (new) and Sima Yi (new) and a bunch of junk. Alt got Sima Yi and a bunch of junk. He'll really improve my DAthena teams.

Ilm used to be my white whale but I'm not sure what to do with her now. I wanted her back in the day when MZeus farming teams were still a thing. Should I go sub or leader version?

Top Bottom